Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, messing wit my personal statement, and would like some tips, at the moment its like some really big joke, like im stoned or something, i like it, but i'd like some additions, as its only just over half a page long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    hi, messing wit my personal statement, and would like some tips, at the moment its like some really big joke, like im stoned or something, i like it, but i'd like some additions, as its only just over half a page long!
    If it sounds like you're stoned, then throw it away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus09)
    If it sounds like you're stoned, then throw it away.
    or apply for horticulture

ReputationRep:
    funny, no im not stoned( at the mo) i just get hyper, which is funny, but rare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    funny, no im not stoned( at the mo) i just get hyper, which is funny, but rare
    You get hyper when you're writing your personal statement? How sad.

ReputationRep:
    no, i got hyper from eating sugar and listening to music while i was doing my ps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    no, i got hyper from eating sugar and listening to music while i was doing my ps
    u eat sugar whilst writing ur ps. haha.

ReputationRep:
    whatever keeps u going, as i say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    whatever keeps u going, as i say
    nice..anyway

theres a member on here called loftx ..he has a site..here

ReputationRep:
    can we get back on subject please, help with ps?

ReputationRep:
    I hated writing my personal statement, but it must have been OK because I got into Cambridge. You should be fine if you make sure you include all of the following points (apologies if I miss anything):
    • Your education (summary of grades, any school awards you have won)
    • Extra curricular activities at school (in-class support, committees etc)
    • Any qualifications you have that are not on the form (e.g. Pitman Data Processing)
    • A summary of your hobbies and interests, why you enjoy them, and how they show your positive qualities
    • Any responsibilties you have had (e.g. captaining a sports team, organising an event)
    • What you hope to get out of university (apart from a degree!)
    • What you hope to do when you complete the course

These are not in the best order for the personal statement - I just typed them as I thought of them. I hope it helps.

Chris
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.soes.soton.ac.uk/admissio...ucas_form.html has a few ideas...it's technically subject specific but the principals are the same regardless of what you're applying for.

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    I hated writing my personal statement, but it must have been OK because I got into Cambridge. You should be fine if you make sure you include all of the following points (apologies if I miss anything):
    • Your education (summary of grades, any school awards you have won)
    • Extra curricular activities at school (in-class support, committees etc)
    • Any qualifications you have that are not on the form (e.g. Pitman Data Processing)
    • A summary of your hobbies and interests, why you enjoy them, and how they show your positive qualities
    • Any responsibilties you have had (e.g. captaining a sports team, organising an event)
    • What you hope to get out of university (apart from a degree!)
    • What you hope to do when you complete the course

These are not in the best order for the personal statement - I just typed them as I thought of them. I hope it helps.

Chris
    Further to the above, perhaps I should add the following:

• Any background/extra reading you have done - this shows that you have a 'passion for the subject' and you are not just there for the degree!

ReputationRep:
    Further to the above, perhaps I should add the following:

• Any background/extra reading you have done - this shows that you have a 'passion for the subject' and you are not just there for the degree!
    Sorry, I should also add:

• Why you like your chosen subjects, and what aspects you enjoy the most
    [/QUOTE]
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry, I should also add:

• Why you like your chosen subjects, and what aspects you enjoy the most
    Hi Chris - you can add things onto your original post using the edit post button if you like...although it wont bring the thread back up to the top

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.