Is It Pointless Applying When You Don't Have Enough Points? Watch

This discussion is closed.
-TMG-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi just wondering if I should bother applying for a course that wants 220 points. I got 180 but a B for both English Language & Literature, when it only want a C in one of the two...
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Surely a B=100pts so by having 2 you now have at least 200pts?
kookabura
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It depends, have you finished your course yet or could you bring it upto the required amount? You could always ring the admissions tutor for the uni(s) you want to applying to and ask them.
Madprof
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you do have 200 points like Jump says, try doing a 'Key Skills' exam - lots of unis accept them as tarrif points (I think they're worth 20) and they're quite easy, especially ICT if you have a basic knowledge of computers.
Jenni_Kitten
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Madprof)
If you do have 200 points like Jump says, try doing a 'Key Skills' exam - lots of unis accept them as tarrif points (I think they're worth 20) and they're quite easy, especially ICT if you have a basic knowledge of computers.
If you've done English, do Communication Key Skills because you don't even have to do the exam then
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads