The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Probably not. My english and politics offer explicitly excludes general studies.
University of York
York
Reply 2
laura898
I have an AAA offer for English, and there id no mention of subjects beside English in the decision letter. I already have an A in general studies, but I don't know whether this will count as one of the three if I miss an A in another subject.

I tried emailing them but no reply.
Does anyone know if they accept it general?

Thanks

I'm nearly certain they don't count General studies as an A-level for English, sorry. :frown:
Reply 3
hmm okay thats what i thought really

thanks
On mine it explicitly said that it was excluding General Studies. If it didn't say the same on yours then i would have assumed that it would be acceptable in the offer.
Reply 5
supercoolfred
On mine it explicitly said that it was excluding General Studies. If it didn't say the same on yours then i would have assumed that it would be acceptable in the offer.

The only difference is that she's already done General Studies. I imagine they'd have given an offer of AA if they accepted it.
laura898
I have an AAA offer for English, and there id no mention of subjects beside English in the decision letter. I already have an A in general studies, but I don't know whether this will count as one of the three if I miss an A in another subject.

I tried emailing them but no reply.
Does anyone know if they accept it general?

Thanks

No universities count general studies as a real A level, as far as I'm aware. York definitely don't.
Reply 7
No universities count general studies as a real A level, as far as I'm aware. York definitely don't.

Not true.

York do for some courses - history of art in my case - but less likely to do so for the more popular & therefore competitive subjects.

Latest