Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=indigo]
    y do people say that they r not predujice but EVERYONE has or will be predujice at some point in their lifes.even if it is just grouping peopel at skoll/coll like o look shes a grebo? etc

ReputationRep:
    Depends on wether you look at it as prejudice or racism wich ppl tend to look at the same. I am not or never will be racist but I sure am prejudiced against some ppls attitudes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    [COLOR=indigo]
    y do people say that they r not predujice but EVERYONE has or will be predujice at some point in their lifes.even if it is just grouping peopel at skoll/coll like o look shes a grebo? etc
    I'm not racist, homophobic I hate every *******!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowpoke)
    I'm not racist, homophobic I hate every *******!
    I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    I think that we are all guilty of being prejudice at least once in our life, if not more. However, i think that a lot of people do not intentionally act/behave in such a way..alot of the time they are unaware of what they are doing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I think that we are all guilty of being prejudice at least once in our life, if not more. However, i think that a lot of people do not intentionally act/behave in such a way..alot of the time they are unaware of what they are doing..
    may b but they say o im not predujice, nad then they judge sum1 by thier clothes etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    may b but they say o im not predujice, nad then they judge sum1 by thier clothes etc
    Hypocrites. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Hypocrites. :rolleyes:
    eacxtly and that really annoys me .......

ReputationRep:
    i am prejudiced..in most ways...the difference is in whether you show it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    If you effectively acted upon prejudices it then it would be called discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    If you effectively acted upon prejudices it then it would be called discrimination.
    exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    At least you don't deny it, like many ppl do.

ReputationRep:
    If i prefer only to date women of a certain size(8 - 10) would i be classed as predujice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JabberJaw)
    If i prefer only to date women of a certain size(8 - 10) would i be classed as predujice?
    Yes and discriminatory!

ReputationRep:
    O my. :confused:

I dont think of myself as predujice.

Just prefer a certain size lady.

Does it offend?

If so Soz

ReputationRep:
    Can we at least spell it right....

Prejudice

ReputationRep:
    Prejudice is inevitable and unavoidable. You associate certain things with certain traits (e.g. clothes people wear), causing you to interact with them differently. It isn't necessarily a bad/wrong thing, as it doesn't necessarily cause harm.

From my POV, racism is simply a form of discrimination arising from prejudice. Whether racism is as prevalent as general prejudice depends on whether you consider a racist someone who has racial prejudice or someone who negatively racially discriminates. Racial prejudice would, from the above be inevitable, but not necessarily wrong.

ReputationRep:
    O my. :confused:

I dont think of myself as predujice.

Just prefer a certain size lady.

Does it offend?

If so Soz
    Size really isn't all that accurate when you look at it in terms of body shape. Too say between sz 8 & 10 is unreal. What if you met someone who wore a larger size but still looked good?
    Let alone your size 9 girlfreind puts on a few and is now a size 12?

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is married to a large lady.
    If i met a larger lady what would i do?

Dont know, hopefully i would see thru the mist and do the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is married to a large lady.
    If i met a larger lady what would i do?

Dont know, hopefully i would see thru the mist and do the right thing.
    Nice sig!
    Can I ask what you consider a large lady?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.