Anyone else write stuff for the examiners? Watch

This discussion is closed.
anxty
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Just curious. When you finish your exams, or during, do you write things to the examiners?

My most recent exam i wrote a joke under one of the questions. If im running out of time i write things like "run out of time, was going to write this, please take into account" stuff like that
Chaz_Man
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Yeh I usually slip in the odd innuendo, normally in the english exams where I can get away with it!
nigel_s
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I write "Happy Birthday!" at the end of each exam I sit. I figure it's bound to be the examiner's birthday one time! And that'll surely get me some bonus marks.
Yunna123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hm, no, but I got so bored during a French exam that I wrote a limerick for the invigilator.
LOL, yes, I'm sad.
jumblebumble
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did in AQA english language; I analysed the front page of a leaflet, assuming it to be a discrete poster. Upon discovering it was a leaflet, with only 5 minutes to go, I wrote a hasty, perhaps obsequious note to the examiner to show I was at least aware of it...
jabed786
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yup, in one exam I knew I was going to fail it just by looking at the topics in the questions so I worte 'this is the hardest paper i have done in my life, I guess i can say by to my uni choice'
and on others I've wrote 'thank you for this nice question' or 'sorry about the messy handwriting'.
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
umm..no, not really apart from few times when I apologized for my messy handwriting.
emmasmellsalot
Report 9 years ago
if you have time to write was going to write this then you should just write it! they won't take you running out of time into account, you are told how long the exam is before you sit it, it's not like you're suddenly told when you have 5 mins left, and have to rush.
xbutterfly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have I got told off for doing it in internal assessments though ;D
PAPAdawg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no cos i'm not an uneducated chav
Caze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In History (last exam) I decided to exemplify my obvious humourous intelligence by writing something like "Worst of all, Stalin's.. " "Examination of source B further reveals.." "Evermore was Stalin's burgeoning obsession on.."

I even underlined the start of the sentences. Yes, they were written consecutively.

I did something similar in general studies (making small jokes) but I can't remember
anxty
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by emmasmellsalot)
if you have time to write was going to write this then you should just write it! they won't take you running out of time into account, you are told how long the exam is before you sit it, it's not like you're suddenly told when you have 5 mins left, and have to rush.
you bullet point "ran out of time, was going to cover these points bullet bullet bullet" is quicker than writing a small essay about the subject. just shows you know you should have included the stuff but didnt get time to.
super freak
Report 9 years ago
For one science exam asking about the somethings of somethings .. *can't remember what* i wrote back because God made it that way go me!! haha it was also featured in a mag!!
Yunna123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Caze)
In History (last exam) I decided to exemplify my obvious humourous intelligence by writing something like "Worst of all, Stalin's.. " "Examination of source B further reveals.." "Evermore was Stalin's burgeoning obsession on.."

I even underlined the start of the sentences. Yes, they were written consecutively.

I did something similar in general studies (making small jokes) but I can't remember
^ LOL, that's good. I'd love to do something like that.
bantams
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i always think they're going to think i'm being cheeky if i do so i tend not to, though i've never finished an exam with time spare so i haven't had the chance.

but i did write "jeez give me a break" at the start of one of my general studies answers last year... they didn't give me a break :'(
Schleigg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On the pages marked "intentionally blank" I circled it in red pen and wrote "LIES!" in big letters.
Heir-Head
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't and I don't really see the point of writing 'ran out of time' because the examiner isn't going to care, they aren't going to be able to be psychic and see what you were planning to write for the rest for extra marks. Having said that, good luck to anyone who does. =)
paperflower
Report 9 years ago
Nahh, I feel like they will think its mark-scrounging
Miss Mary
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Be warned: I know where you live.

:hmmm:
will_the_gooner
Report 9 years ago
what i did was to write swear words indirectly. i spelt the words from the first letter in each paragrapgh slightly highlighted...........it;s the best fun ever!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.14%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (10)
2.86%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.57%
No (250)
71.43%

Watched Threads