The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeh I usually slip in the odd innuendo, normally in the english exams where I can get away with it!
Reply 2
I write "Happy Birthday!" at the end of each exam I sit. I figure it's bound to be the examiner's birthday one time! And that'll surely get me some bonus marks.
Reply 3
Hm, no, but I got so bored during a French exam that I wrote a limerick for the invigilator.
LOL, yes, I'm sad.
I did in AQA english language; I analysed the front page of a leaflet, assuming it to be a discrete poster. Upon discovering it was a leaflet, with only 5 minutes to go, I wrote a hasty, perhaps obsequious note to the examiner to show I was at least aware of it...
Reply 5
Yup, in one exam I knew I was going to fail it just by looking at the topics in the questions so I worte 'this is the hardest paper i have done in my life, I guess i can say by to my uni choice'
and on others I've wrote 'thank you for this nice question' or 'sorry about the messy handwriting'.
umm..no, not really apart from few times when I apologized for my messy handwriting.
if you have time to write was going to write this then you should just write it! they won't take you running out of time into account, you are told how long the exam is before you sit it, it's not like you're suddenly told when you have 5 mins left, and have to rush.
Reply 8
I have :smile: I got told off for doing it in internal assessments though ;D
Reply 9
no cos i'm not an uneducated chav
Reply 10
In History (last exam) I decided to exemplify my obvious humourous intelligence by writing something like "Worst of all, Stalin's.. " "Examination of source B further reveals.." "Evermore was Stalin's burgeoning obsession on.."

I even underlined the start of the sentences. Yes, they were written consecutively.

I did something similar in general studies (making small jokes) but I can't remember :frown:
Reply 11
emmasmellsalot
if you have time to write was going to write this then you should just write it! they won't take you running out of time into account, you are told how long the exam is before you sit it, it's not like you're suddenly told when you have 5 mins left, and have to rush.

you bullet point "ran out of time, was going to cover these points bullet bullet bullet" is quicker than writing a small essay about the subject. just shows you know you should have included the stuff but didnt get time to.
For one science exam asking about the somethings of somethings .. *can't remember what* i wrote back because God made it that way :wink: go me!! haha it was also featured in a mag!!
Reply 13
Caze
In History (last exam) I decided to exemplify my obvious humourous intelligence by writing something like "Worst of all, Stalin's.. " "Examination of source B further reveals.." "Evermore was Stalin's burgeoning obsession on.."

I even underlined the start of the sentences. Yes, they were written consecutively.

I did something similar in general studies (making small jokes) but I can't remember :frown:

^ LOL, that's good. I'd love to do something like that.
Reply 14
i always think they're going to think i'm being cheeky if i do so i tend not to, though i've never finished an exam with time spare so i haven't had the chance.

but i did write "jeez give me a break" at the start of one of my general studies answers last year... they didn't give me a break :'(
Reply 15
On the pages marked "intentionally blank" I circled it in red pen and wrote "LIES!" in big letters.
Reply 16
I don't and I don't really see the point of writing 'ran out of time' because the examiner isn't going to care, they aren't going to be able to be psychic and see what you were planning to write for the rest for extra marks. Having said that, good luck to anyone who does. =)
Nahh, I feel like they will think its mark-scrounging :s-smilie:
Be warned: I know where you live.

:hmmm:
what i did was to write swear words indirectly. i spelt the words from the first letter in each paragrapgh slightly highlighted...........it;s the best fun ever! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending