Bad news for everyone who ISN'T English

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I'm English, and am still on cloud nine having watched us win the World Cup against the Aussies last Saturday. It was the best moment of my life so far... no joke. And I don't expect an English team to win again for another 37 years, so I am making the most of it!

I just wonder how worried our Celtic friends are? 37 years of us unashamedly gloating about 2003 starting last Saturday?! Just at the time when 1966 was seeming a bit too long ago!

Any English fans hoping to see England v Baa Baas on the 20th of December? Tickets go on-sale on the 25th of November at 9am! I'm going to be up early just to try and buy a few. Just preordered the official England World Cup DVD too!

"Jonny Wilkinson... he's done it!"
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Rugby, right? I don't think Norway even has a national rugby team...
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
Rugby, right? I don't think Norway even has a national rugby team...
Yup, rugby. A sport where money doesn't make the world go round and where personal achievement is of secondary importance. The only team sport that makes me proud to be English.

Might not be as big as football, but that is a strength not a weakness.
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
They do actually. They aren't too good though
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
I'm English, and am still on cloud nine having watched us win the World Cup against the Aussies last Saturday. It was the best moment of my life so far... no joke. And I don't expect an English team to win again for another 37 years, so I am making the most of it!

I just wonder how worried our Celtic friends are? 37 years of us unashamedly gloating about 2003 starting last Saturday?! Just at the time when 1966 was seeming a bit too long ago!

Any English fans hoping to see England v Baa Baas on the 20th of December? Tickets go on-sale on the 25th of November at 9am! I'm going to be up early just to try and buy a few. Just preordered the official England World Cup DVD too!

"Jonny Wilkinson... he's done it!"
I'll remind you that i'm better than you at rugby?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.37%
Unhappy (52)
28.26%
Conflicted (89)
48.37%

Watched Threads