Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Firstly, where did i say anything about me being religious or holding my bible that i value dearly as you so put it? I have no idea what you're point is, i was correcting when you stated that god came from palestine which is completely wrong.
    [COLOR=darkred]yeah you said you where jewish so do you not value a saying from your religion.
    do you not value it then.

ReputationRep:
    Just because i'm jewish it doesn't mean to say that i am religious, or that i even keep my religion. I have not stated that, you have merely jumped the gun. The temple is no longer used by Jews, it has been turned in to a mosque.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Just because i'm jewish it doesn't mean to say that i am religious, or that i even keep my religion. I have not stated that, you have merely jumped the gun. The temple is no longer used by Jews, it has been turned in to a mosque.
    Why say you are jewish then your being very deciseive are you not a commited jew.
    Why then is there this war?

ReputationRep:
    I said i'm jewish which is correct. I didn't say to what extent, there are extremes as w all know. What war are we talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I said i'm jewish which is correct. I didn't say to what extent, there are extremes as w all know. What war are we talking about?
    The palistine one.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want to go into the war because it will be opening up a can of worms. But why is there war in Israel?? The answer to this is there is conflicting views. I don't think Arafat has helped matters at all, but i don't really want to go into it as i have to go soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't really want to go into the war because it will be opening up a can of worms. But why is there war in Israel?? The answer to this is there is conflicting views. I don't think Arafat has helped matters at all, but i don't really want to go into it as i have to go soon.
    ok bye nice arguing with you

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going at the moment. It's not arguing anyway, that's a strong word, it's more a debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    Are you religious
    am i ba11s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus09)
    am i ba11s.
    ha yes in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Quite right.

I believe in a secular state - http://www.secularism.org.uk/principles.htm
    Me too. There's no reason the state should be anything other than secular. Religions are people's personal beliefs and faiths, which is fine, but there's no justification for forcing those beliefs and faiths on others through the forced integration of religion with state.

ReputationRep:
    Me Catholic

Same old story taught by Nuns,Mass everyday & went to church every sunday until the age of 20.

In a world when there seems to be more bad people than there are good,religion gives alot of people comfort.

I think that there are more BAD people than there are GOOD,if you're GOOD you will live forever but if you're BAD you DIE when you DIE.

ReputationRep:
    cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JabberJaw)
    Me Catholic

Same old story taught by Nuns,Mass everyday & went to church every sunday until the age of 20.

In a world when there seems to be more bad people than there are good,religion gives alot of people comfort.

I think that there are more BAD people than there are GOOD,if you're GOOD you will live forever but if you're BAD you DIE when you DIE.
    yes but who want to live forever. the same mundane life doing the same thing day in day out never able to stop because you cant die. wouldn't that be majorly boring?

if this is the case then i might just have to start being BAD!!

ReputationRep:
    i went to a Catholic School so i was forced to go to mass every other Thursday. now that i've left i never go.

the last time i went to church was for my second cousins christing
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    My family are all non-practicing (although my mum goes to church for the social side and all the services weddings/funeral etc still take place in catholic churches) catholics. The catholic church refused to christen me* so I was christened protestant. I stopped going to church at 16, I stopped believing at 11 but I like the singing .

I'm now an athiest hippy

*at the time my dad was still in the merchant navy and away for 6-12 months at a time and my mum was looking after my sister and me so didn't attend church regularly - so they refused :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    erm idont think sharon has either...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he hasn't, but i'm going to go into it because it's a whole new thread and i don't want to hi-jack this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)

I'm now an athiest hippy
    athiesm is as much about faith as religion
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MattG)
    athiesm is as much about faith as religion
    and your point is...?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.