Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    for a start you could stop posting crap messages. I mean crappy messages, not messages made of crap.
    Now that's not very nice. What was wrong with his post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Now that's not very nice. What was wrong with his post?
    just relax :cool: you take things too seriously, have you ever tried meditating under a tree?

ReputationRep:
    just relax :cool: you take things too seriously, have you ever tried meditating under a tree?
    You're the one complaining, not me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    The driving force behind prose of any nature is strong emotion...
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You're the one complaining, not me.
    oooooh.. nice move...... but i was joking..... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    oooooh.. nice move...... but i was joking..... :cool:
    Joke or not, it's very discouraging to members who post sensible questions.

ReputationRep:
    du dreckige verfickte blasehase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FurbyMaX)
    To what extent is it possible to overcome the ambiguity and vagueness in language?

Gimme some opinions
    Thanks!
    uhmmm... dunno

ReputationRep:
    Joke or not, it's very discouraging to members who post sensible questions.
    there you go again, what did i say about relaxing. try unwinding with tai chi and breath through your nose into the bottom of your belly. Then breath out slowly. Try not to concentrate on your surroundings. This could be difficult at first so focus on a number, chant positive statements or try to visualise a beautiful garden or beach.

ReputationRep:
    for a start you could stop posting crap messages. I mean crappy messages, not messages made of crap.
    I assume you must be joking Hattori. Were you meaning that my post was vague, not necessarily clear? I think not. I was clear and concise, and directly asked my question, at least in the post you just quoted.

For a start you could stop spamming this thread, since I was asking for serious opinions and not jokes Hattori

ReputationRep:
    there you go again, what did i say about relaxing. try unwinding with tai chi and breath through your nose into the bottom of your belly. Then breath out slowly. Try not to concentrate on your surroundings. This could be difficult at first so focus on a number, chant positive statements or try to visualise a beautiful garden or beach.
    You are a strange one aren't you. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You know, you could just relax yourself and stay out of this forum, without having to spam this thread... But I guess thats too much to ask from you, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FurbyMaX)
    You know, you could just relax yourself and stay out of this forum, without having to spam this thread... But I guess thats too much to ask from you, eh?
    Sorry for spamming. I mean it and don't think i did this just to spam, i didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Ultimatley all perception varies, due to ones mindset. It's impossible as a result, to crystalise your perception into words that replicate your experience to another. A perfect example is "What does it take to be a garidge mc? originality personality" etc and "rymes so good to make you cry like you were a little child again" alothough they were probably just totally exactly the bo! selecta respectably right way of putting it down to who ever it was that wrote that track, (so solid crew?) the words are actually meaningless sht to the rest of us, but meaningless sht that encourages us to create good music, in the hope we don't get laughed at THAT much.

What i find interesting though, is that where the greatest difficulties in conveyance lie, in the visceral elements of perception, the ambiguity and vagueness of our language and the complex interplays of words and timing can be used to far more effect than any attempt at a REAL exact explanation through use of simple words with minimal meanings and simple scentence structure.

I believe that ambiguity contributes to knowledge greatly, as it encourages people (who probably would anyway) to do it them selves, see it themselves, be there them selves, for that's the only way to know, and what you will know and see will be something new no matter how well it has been written about or spoken about. That in turn creates emotive writing/speaking which once again gives a kind of glimps of the subject but it's not clear, like your memory is not clear, only it is less clear than that... it's a fragmented memory, where words trigger certain parts of certain thoughts, and piece them together a certain way. And every one who experiences it second hand is left with a different image of what has been, which is not quite complete. And i think that's exactly how ideas are formed, what piece goes there? Your mind needs an ending, it needs everything to be alright in it's own individual way... so it makes a piece and puts it there, to go with your perception, and so you have something new. And much of the knowledge that has had the most visible and noticable impact has been theoretical.

If you're like me then you'll be doing a good 350+ pages when you get to school, so good luck. But even if it's nonsensical jibberish to most, at least it passed my time writing it, having woken up too early.

ooh still time left...

There was a guy who i think acted and reacted like hattori at school... he was complete prick and far less chilled than most of the people he psd off with his childish nonsensical vitriol. And his jokes were crappy, i mean sht, not crap. And he usually kept digging even when a statment was beyond lost/beaten. And he couldn't skin up for sht either. Wnker!

Gumpmug may have been more rude but he didn't specify who gave head to rabbits... so that's alright.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.