This discussion is closed.
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hi people!
Is there anyone out there who is thinking of taken a gap year or who has already taken one?
I am thinking of taking one but I dont have a clue what to do.
Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated
Lyd
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by giddylid1)
Hi people!
Is there anyone out there who is thinking of taken a gap year or who has already taken one?
Lyd
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...gapyear#topics

Check that out, pretty helpful.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by giddylid1)
Hi people!
Lyd

I ended up taking a gap year of sorts...in that i started my first year at university of Paris...but had to come back........anyhow, it was by far the most amazing time in my life. I can not recommend enough to just pack your bags and have ure own lil adventure whatever it may be..
giddylid1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...gapyear#topics

Check that out, pretty helpful.
Cool. thanks a lot, mate!
Lyd
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm on a gap year at the moment. It wasn't planned, it just happened. I've got a job and am working full time. I didn't fancy the travelling.

It all depends on what you want to do. You could travelling with some group and rough it out in the rainforest and build stuff for people that they don't want. Or help children in kenya. Or you could get some invaluable work experience. It's up to you. But if you are taking a gap year make sure you do something instead of sitting at home all day...that won't look good on a c.v.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (228)
51.35%
No (216)
48.65%

Watched Threads