The Student Room Group

'New Look' sizing help please!!!

I want a top from New Look, but they only have size 8 left.

I would normally wear a size 10. I'm slim but quite busty, though I do prefer clothes tighter/fitted than loose and baggy...

Does anyone know if New Look sizing runs smaller/bigger than average???

Is their size 8 absolutely tiny? Or bigger than most store's size 8s???

Anyone know???

THANK YOU :-)

ps I am outside of England so I cannot go into the store to try it on :-( so any advice on their sizing would help.

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM:

Check the Official New Look Size Guide

15% off all New Look orders here: https://www.newlook.com/uk/discount-...rewardcarddist
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
i would say.. you should be able to get away with it, they are alright on sizing, they dont do tight sizes... they are kinda generous, sometimes abit too much for example i bought a shirt size 8 once which was baggy and im a size 14 :| but normally size 12+!4 tops r good to go for me :biggrin:
Reply 2
On their sizing chart, a size 8 seemed to have the normal measurements of a smaller size 10... but I didn't want to buy it and have it mega tight.
(edited 5 years ago)
It honestly depends on the material of the top.. I go up a size in their tops to a 12 because I find that they stretch around my boobs for some reason?? I don't even really have big boobs..
Reply 4
I think generally their stuff comes up quite big, I'm usually an 8 in tops but have quite a few size 6 ones from their that fit just fine.
Reply 5
thanks everyone,.
I think I'll just go for it and hope it fits me ok. I have a tiny waist so it should be fine.
I love the top and there's no way of getting size 10 now, so will try my luck with an 8 :-D
Reply 6
I just got some size 8 trousers (From the tall section) and I usually wear 10/12 in trousers. Not sure about whether tops come up big though... As others have said it would depend on what the material is like. If the top is loose or stretchy you should be fine. It's worth a try, anyway ^_^
Reply 7
Thanks for your help everyone.
Their measurements looked bigger than normal, so fingers crossed as I ordered the top. Must have ordered the last one as it says 'out of stock' now. Phew.
From my experience, just buy your normal size! If you are busty up top, you are going to want space for your boobs to manoeuvre! Also don't forget when you wash it - clothes tend to shrink abit!!!!
Reply 9
new look sizes are quite big.

I went in there the other day and even the 6's looked too big for me. Also it drives me crazy the way they make their dresses. They assume that if you are a size 8 that you have DD boobs. The chest never fits me. Depressing.
My boobs never fit into New Look tops.
I wouldn't risk it.
Reply 11
PirateFlag
new look sizes are quite big.

I went in there the other day and even the 6's looked too big for me. Also it drives me crazy the way they make their dresses. They assume that if you are a size 8 that you have DD boobs. The chest never fits me. Depressing.

Lol, that's true! The dresses are huge, I always have to get size 8 or it's huge around my chest. It's not even like I have tiny boobs.. lol
Reply 12
i had the opposite problem - i'm an 8/10, i got a size 10 cami top and it's sliiiightly too small around the chest. it's not even like i'm huge - 32D...

if worst comes to worst, wear a vest top or t-shirt underneath?
Reply 13
yeh u should be fine, I am about a size 10 and had to buy a top in a size 6 from newlook before!

Latest

Trending

Trending