Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wow, today i went to Chester Zoo on a psychology trip. We were meant to look at the behaviour of animals and then use evolution etc. to explain human behaviour- it fits in with our comparative psychology module.

what actually happened was we wandered around the zoo all day, had an hour's lecture (not too boring) and took lots of cute pictures of the animals. it was such a laugh- i feel about 6 again! didn't actually learn anything though... but it was a lovely break from lessons.

anyone else been on any educationally dubious trips recently?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    wow, today i went to Chester Zoo on a psychology trip. We were meant to look at the behaviour of animals and then use evolution etc. to explain human behaviour- it fits in with our comparative psychology module.

what actually happened was we wandered around the zoo all day, had an hour's lecture (not too boring) and took lots of cute pictures of the animals. it was such a laugh- i feel about 6 again! didn't actually learn anything though... but it was a lovely break from lessons.

lou xxx
    I WENT TO CHESTER ZOO IN YEAR 7!!!!!!!!
    YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    A DAY BREAK FROM CRAPPY LESSONS!!!!!!!!

EDUCATIONALY MY ARSE!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My school's pschology department goes to Chester Zoo!

ReputationRep:
    i never went on any psychology trips

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    we've been on that trip too about a month ago. Wow!! I thought it was just our school who expected us to study the mating habits of primates. Glad to know we are not alone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah)
    we've been on that trip too about a month ago. Wow!! I thought it was just our school who expected us to study the mating habits of primates. Glad to know we are not alone!!!!
    we didn't actually get told to look at anything in particular me doesn't think (but the primate thing does ring a bell slightly). it was honestly such a random day, we just had a laugh.

only problem was, did anyone notice the temperature today? i feel i have *healthy glow* on my cheeks...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Last year our biology class went on a similar trip....on the letters to our parents they said it was to learn about evolution but no teachers ever mentioned that to us/gave us any work related to it lol I too came back with loads of cute pics lol - but we went in spring, the baby season

ReputationRep:
    My university took us on a trip to Disney World.

ReputationRep:
    went to stratford for two days wiv the english lit "posse" to see measure for measure at the theatre and see shakespeares old house etc

went to london recently for a philosophy lecture which bored my arse off. lived on red bull and expensive coffee all day
    *official* philosophy lecturers cant tell jokes!

ReputationRep:
    lucky, the only trip offered so far is a £2k trip to Belize. For some reason I can't seem to get £2k out of my £20 in the bank :/ anyone know of a 2000% monthly interest account?

ReputationRep:
    the best trip i went on was a trip to Wales on Eorsen. we got to climb a mountain ,see a great waterfall and everything.

the only downside was that i broke my arm.

I recently went on a history trip to the Imperial War Museum, where I spent most of my time playing hide and seek. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    We went to tescos once on a food technology trip. That was fun!

ReputationRep:
    i'm really glad to read that you had a good time with the psychology class, have you learned any new tricks this week? if so let me know cause i'm really interested in psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mystic)
    i'm really glad to read that you had a good time with the psychology class, have you learned any new tricks this week? if so let me know cause i'm really interested in psychology
    errrm this thread is nearly a year old, i don't go to college anymore, i'm at uni now. if you have any questions about psychology try the academic or university subforums (depending on which is more relevant)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    wow gee, i'm in Chester!

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    no. teachers do not believe in field trips in high school.

ReputationRep:
    errrm this thread is nearly a year old, i don't go to college anymore, i'm at uni now. if you have any questions about psychology try the academic or university subforums (depending on which is more relevant)

lou xxx
    gosh im sorry.... someone was digging skelatons and i didnt even realize!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.