18th Birthdays Watch

This discussion is closed.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had a big party with all my family the weekend before my 18th then I went out for a meal with my friends on the actual day of my birthday. It was nice!
ns87
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Skydiving was also an option for me! But I decided to do something with friends instead, since my family isn't here.
I'll be 18 on Friday.
Planning on the day:
- be at TRL studio (coincidentally I got free tickets for that day)
- Japanese dinner in London
- go to a bar/pub after
Anth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For my 18th I did what I always do on a Thursday: go to martial arts training, work hard enough to leave me knackered, then drank "a few" bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale while eating a Chinese
tinkerbell1108
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
do something memorable, thats all i can say
going out for a meal is fine- but boring-
sky diving sounds good- with a load of friends?
whatever you do- be sure to take a LOT of pictures!
rachplatt
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it's my 18th a week on thursday! Can't wait! I've just got back from York where I've been for the weekend as a present off my boyfriend. On Saturday I'm having a big party with all my school friends and some family, on the actual day I'll probably have some closer friends and family around and the day after it's my prom! I'm pretty pleased with eventful weeks I have lined up! I'd suggest that whatever u do, spend it with your friends!
Splinter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Sian01)
I'm 18 on thursday. YAY!
Mine's on wednesday I win.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm 18 on Saturday!!! *does cartwheel*

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

On the Saturday night I'm going out for a meal with my friends and then either round town/to a club OR back to mine for a house party so everyone can get trollied on my dad's wine. Nice.
MonkeyOnIce
Report 13 years ago
Well, i have a chemistry exam on my birthday, and even better..a biology exam the day after so i can't go out and get drunk etc. Should be going for a quiet meal with my mums so its not too bad ...just have to celebrate a few days late.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mine lasted about a week

The weekend before I went out to dinner with Phil, Jon, Tom, Tim and Em and they stayed over at mine afterwards (See picture )

Did general friend stuff with my mates in school on my actual birthday - a Tuesday

And the Friday afterwards I went to our local nightclub - really REALLY not my scene but they send free tickets to all girls turning 18 for the Friday after their birthday - more fun than i expected.

Normal plan is crazy parties (the second pic is Jon's 18th - the night before my Biology field trip!!)
Attached files
greenmuzz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Back in the dim and distant past, I had an introductory gliding lesson, and then hosted a BBQ with a huge number of mates a little later on (or was it earlier on... hmmm... my memory is sooo pooooor.), my dad being typically great out the back manning the BBQ with a dram in the rain.
Getting up in the glider was fabulous - seeing the route I had cycled earlier that summer with my Dad out through the hills (well, over actually, hoisting the bike up steep slopes in many places).
I might not remember the timings, but I certainly remember the events, vividly, especially watching the tow plane take up the slack on the rope between it and the glider, and the awsome moment when said rope was ditched. The views... the landing....
At uni you'll get drunk with mates a million times. I strongly recommend you do something really interesting instead. My 18th was great.

Who was saying 19 was a bad age? I liked 19, loved 20, saw nothing special at 21, and am really liking 22. Looking forwards to all the years to come. I wont be old until Thye put me in a home (and then I intend to be a dirty old man )
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im 18 in 3 weeks and a year - me and my best friends are going to disneyland for my 17th...so for my 18th?!? who knows!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1607)
79.16%
Leave (423)
20.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed