Turn on thread page Beta

Is Computing A Respected A-level???? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is Computing A Respected A-level???? I.e.) In Terms Of Applying To Oxford For Physics. Is It Regarded As A Respected, Decent A-level To Have If You Get A Grade A.

Honest Opinions Appreciated. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, id say so. It's a general qualification (not vocational).

Having done computing id say its fairly technical, and most people will find it reasonably difficult.

Don't confuse it with IT, thats more a vocational subject.

ReputationRep:
    It's seen as an academic subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_123)
    Is Computing A Respected A-level???? I.e.) In Terms Of Applying To Oxford For Physics. Is It Regarded As A Respected, Decent A-level To Have If You Get A Grade A.

Shut it Maskall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli)
    Yeah, id say so. It's a general qualification (not vocational).

Having done computing id say its fairly technical, and most people will find it reasonably difficult.

Don't confuse it with IT, thats more a vocational subject.
    I KNOW. COMPUTING AND ICT ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

COMPUTING IS A CORE A-LEVEL AND ITS TECHNICAL AND HAS TOUGH ASPECTS LIKE PROGRAMMING ETC.

I AM DOING AQA A-LEVEL COMPUTING.

I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WELL RESPECTED I.E.) IF I GET TEH GRADE A FOR A-LEVEL THAT I AM PREDICTED.

ReputationRep:
    GET A LIFE YOU SAD PATHETIC LOSER....
    Ho ho, the irony.

ReputationRep:
    YES, I FIND IT IRONIC THAT THE PARTICULAR POST WAS HILARIOUS AND COMPLETELY RIPPED THE PISS OUT OF YOU (******), YET YOU CHOSE TO JUST QUOTE ON THE LAST LINE OF IT.

OHH HOO, THE IRONY.......
    Will u shut up you idiot

Did you know that there is a caps lock button that not only turns caps on - but turns them off too! No need to WRITE LIKE THIS THE WHOLE TIME.

Do not flatter yourself, your post was not 'HILARIOUS', it was simple, didnt make much sense and much like what i would expect someone in year 7 to write. However some congrats is in order, i am glad you can see over the desk to be able to type. You must be the tallest 11 year old I know.

ReputationRep:

Yes I think computing is respected, and would be quite worth while for Physics. As long as you do Physics and Maths you will be fine, but Further Maths and another science would be a bonus...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    Will u shut up you idiot

Did you know that there is a caps lock button that not only turns caps on - but turns them off too! No need to WRITE LIKE THIS THE WHOLE TIME.

Do not flatter yourself, your post was not 'HILARIOUS', it was simple, didnt make much sense and much like what i would expect someone in year 7 to write. However some congrats is in order, i am glad you can see over the desk to be able to type. You must be the tallest 11 year old I know.
    OHH SORRY...........

ReputationRep:
    OHH SORRY...........
    lol.......you are pretty funny

ReputationRep:
    OHH SORRY...........
    And a predictable response - well done, have a picture of an apple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAX)
    lol.......you are pretty funny
    hmm...me thinks Alex_123 has started up another account to make him feel better. Its sad that you find yourself funny

ReputationRep:

No it isnt

ReputationRep:

No, it isnt,
    I did AS computing, got an A, with no work, seriously, i aint just sayign it coz i did work for other subjects and concentrated on them more..but i got an A in computing in the end.
    If u do ur cwk well and u understand it then on the practical paper you are bound to score 90% or above..
    saying that the A2 might be much harder..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    hmm...me thinks Alex_123 has started up another account to make him feel better. Its sad that you find yourself funny
    shiny red apple for me!!!!!!!!!

YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Computing A level is considered by the computing industry to be a joke. So don't do it if you want to do CompSci at uni.

Otherwise, it is alright, lowest % of A grades out of all subjects mind. Although that simply tells you that generally, less able people do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Computing A level is considered by the computing industry to be a joke. So don't do it if you want to do CompSci at uni.

Otherwise, it is alright, lowest % of A grades out of all subjects mind. Although that simply tells you that generally, less able people do it.
    Or IT teachers aren't up to it, more like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)

lol at less able people do it!!!!!!!!

all the amths and science people at my schol do it.

its a respected a-level, its an academic subject and none of that avce ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    very true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    This is actually very true as well.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.