Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My mum decided it would be amusing to "clip me round the earhole" as it were. Suffice to say it all ended in tears when her attempt was met with a good ol' farking stiff one to the jaw.

ReputationRep:
    I WOULD never hit my parents beacuse my parents only hit me when i really deserve it. I cant even see myself trying to defend myself if they tried to pound me for no reason :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I must admit I have thought about it, but I would never do it, Its just not me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KdySk8rGirl)
    I must admit I have thought about it, but I would never do it, Its just not me.
    Come on now, that would be a little too emo.

ReputationRep:
    just because they have brought you up it doesnt give them the right to hit you, obviously when your older its unlikely that your parents will hit you anyway, it i was under 14 then obviously i wouldnt hit back but because im 18 i obviously would, but i dont hit women.

i would hit my dad but he wouldnt dare hit me, probaly because he use to when i was much younger and he knows i wouldnt knock him out as i am old enough to fight back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaiten)
    My mum decided it would be amusing to "clip me round the earhole" as it were. Suffice to say it all ended in tears when her attempt was met with a good ol' farking stiff one to the jaw.
    are you serious? you punched your mum in the face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaiten)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: What you actually hit her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)

Personally i would never lay a finger on my mom or dad simply because ive been taught well about discipline and carry too much respect for them :adore: . After all it was them whove slaved at work to get food on our tables and teach us the ways of life etc. etc. :adore: :adore:
    absolutely agree... but i admit i thought of hitting back a few times - but it was just a thought which lasted for about one second - i'd never, never do that

ReputationRep:
    no, never.

i have too much respect for them, and i dont wanna get thrown out the house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)
    no, never.

i have too much respect for them, and i dont wanna get thrown out the house.
    yeah thats true, but if they hit their own child they obviously dont have any respect for you so why not hit back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    yeah thats true, but if they hit their own child they obviously dont have any respect for you so why not hit back?
    well...that depends on the culture and family. hitting doesn't neccessarily mean no respect in asian societies.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i would never lay a finger on my mom or dad simply because ive been taught well about discipline and carry too much respect for them
    what about when my mum starts yelling at me when ive done nothing wrong and goes into a rage and hits me, i just have to stand there and take it??
    i dont think sooo..
    as for my stepdad, he's never hit me and so ive never had a reason to stand up for myself with him

ReputationRep:
    i think parents only hit younger children, its unlikely that they w ould hit you if you were 16+

ReputationRep:
    I would never lay a finger on them!!......two wrongs dont make a right!...plus they've never hit me....( as far as I cam remember anyway...)...coz I have never given them any reason to do so......coz Im just wonderful.... :angel:... :p:

I would and have hit back. But, usually it doesn't come to that, especially now.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys not think that once you've grown up a little, and turned into an adult, your parents hitting you becomes something slightly different?
    I mean, when you're younger your parents have the right to discipline you and give you a little spanking when you do something wrong, but when you reach the age of 19 or so and your parent flies at you in a rage wanting to hit you I think it becomes something more than discipline and turns into just one person defending themselves from the violence of another person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFlea)
    Do you guys not think that once you've grown up a little, and turned into an adult, your parents hitting you becomes something slightly different?
    I mean, when you're younger your parents have the right to discipline you and give you a little spanking when you do something wrong, but when you reach the age of 19 or so and your parent flies at you in a rage wanting to hit you I think it becomes something more than discipline and turns into just one person defending themselves from the violence of another person.
    exactly, i wasn't hit after the age of about 11, i think it is not discipline after the age of about 13, its just abuse,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFlea)
    exactly

another question - what about if your parent(s) hit your sibling?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.