Turn on thread page Beta

Giving up smoking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Wow, well done! Even though you may have the occasional lapse, it is so hard to get where you are. I don't think non-smokers acknowledge how hard it is!

I intend to try quiting again over the summer (once stressful exam period is out the way!).

Keep it up!
    Hehe, thanks! I still crave them, every day, but I've learnt to ignore it! I do chain smoke when I'm out to compensate a bit sometimes. I totally sympathise with you though - it's so hard!!! Good luck when you try again

ReputationRep:
    5 months for me, And It is one of the hardest things I have done.

It's wierd some of the things you associate with smoking, like I used to associate watching neighbours with smoking, I could watch neigbours for 2 weeks after I gave up, I then compensated with strawberry laces and oreo cookies.

It's worth it in the long run, I spend the £2 I used to spend on Cigerettes on going to dance class instead, I'm getting in shape to trying to make up for the smoking

I still get the cravings but all you have to do is do something to put your mind off it like organise your DVD's in alphabetical order or something like that.

Good luck

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.