Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello, don't know whether anybody can help, but i went through oasc selection at cranwell, to join the uas as a pilot. I have been accepted but cant fly at the moment because as a result of the medical i was deemed tmu. I failed a hearing test in my left ear, which has been put down to a cold. I have since taken several tests which have been deteriating, although they have started to improve as the cold has cleared. Does anybody know the levels required for a pilot hearing pass, please?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    How would you like them described? You have to be able to hear some of the "bleeps" at a certain level depending on the frequency. I could look up the level of attenuation by frequency or something, but I doubt it would mean much to you. If you can hear fine in one ear, you'll be able to hear fine in the other as soon as it's not blocked...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    How would you like them described? You have to be able to hear some of the "bleeps" at a certain level depending on the frequency. I could look up the level of attenuation by frequency or something, but I doubt it would mean much to you. If you can hear fine in one ear, you'll be able to hear fine in the other as soon as it's not blocked...!
    thank you very much for your reply, if you could get the attenuation level of frequency it would be much appreciated and of a lot of use, as i am being tested differently at the moment. cheers
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Consider me looking; stand by!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    Consider me looking; stand by!

cheers.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.