This discussion is closed.
ajb
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
hello, don't know whether anybody can help, but i went through oasc selection at cranwell, to join the uas as a pilot. I have been accepted but cant fly at the moment because as a result of the medical i was deemed tmu. I failed a hearing test in my left ear, which has been put down to a cold. I have since taken several tests which have been deteriating, although they have started to improve as the cold has cleared. Does anybody know the levels required for a pilot hearing pass, please?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
How would you like them described? You have to be able to hear some of the "bleeps" at a certain level depending on the frequency. I could look up the level of attenuation by frequency or something, but I doubt it would mean much to you. If you can hear fine in one ear, you'll be able to hear fine in the other as soon as it's not blocked...!
ajb
(Original post by Wzz)
How would you like them described? You have to be able to hear some of the "bleeps" at a certain level depending on the frequency. I could look up the level of attenuation by frequency or something, but I doubt it would mean much to you. If you can hear fine in one ear, you'll be able to hear fine in the other as soon as it's not blocked...!
thank you very much for your reply, if you could get the attenuation level of frequency it would be much appreciated and of a lot of use, as i am being tested differently at the moment. cheers
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Consider me looking; stand by!
ajb
(Original post by Wzz)
Consider me looking; stand by!

cheers.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.37%
Unhappy (52)
28.26%
Conflicted (89)
48.37%

Watched Threads