Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i can't get in (or out for tht matter) everywhere i go, everywhere i look, everyone looks so happy. i've only ever had two boyfriends and am just fed up with being alone. i have loadsa mates but most of them have got boyfriends/girlfriends. i just wanna know that someone, other than my family who i know love me, really does love me. -glad i got that off my chest!

ReputationRep:
    When you say cant get in you mean bars or clubs or you don't FIT in?
    Talk to someone, get to know them, get to love them. Have their babies and call them funny names like Reginald-Saintly.

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to sound cliched, but often there's someone who loves you that you have no idea about.

No doubt we could argue about what "love" is, but I mean it the same sense as you do. Experience has told me that many many people love someone and never let their feelings known.

ReputationRep:
    Your friends love you, but I suppose that's a different sort of love to the sort you want. Try to be happy in yourself, then and only then will you be in a postition to look for someone to love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    I'd hate to sound cliched, but often there's someone who loves you that you have no idea about.
    lol everyday, more and more i find that hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (((HUGS)))
    Another singleton here to keep you company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    lol everyday, more and more i find that hard to believe.

In terms of sheer probability, if not anything else, I believe its true. It really is amazing how many people are in that situation.

And *starry_eyed_* I'd hate to throw yet another one at you, but I'm sure you're a great person and you'll find someone to love you. Loads of people feel like you do, at one time of another, so don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    *starry_eyed_* I love ya. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I know how you feel, and it sucks. But everyone on here is right. You will meet someone one day and it will have been worth the wait. For now focus on yourself and your good qualities, perhaps take up a new hobby. You may meet someone that way. If you need to talk more PM me

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, a suggestion for now. How about meet up with your single friends to sulk about not having a significant other?

That's what I've been doing XD

Seriously though, as the others have said, focus on your good qualities now so that when *he* comes along you'll be ready for him. (((another hug)))

ReputationRep:
    Agape, eros, philos and storge.

Most of us feel 3 out of the 4 but are generally seeking the 4th!

ReputationRep:
    aww we all love you on here - except for the weird people!!!!! i'm a singleton as well but just think of all that you time you have - no one ever needs to tell you your downside!! - theres plenty of time in the future to have relationships - LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL!!

ReputationRep:
    omg all of u r amazin! i only wrote that thread cos i am fed up with my life, and have ended up cryin cos of all yr 'niceness' (is that a proper word?) i try to 'love myself', as everyone seems to agree that true love comes from inside! anyway, u r all so lovely and although i feel lonely, u have all made my day! just wanna add that tsr really does rock! :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    of course tsr rocks - we're all part of it!!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looby3)
    of course tsr rocks - we're all part of it!!!! lol
    hehe thats what makes it so great innit?

ReputationRep:
    if tsr rocks, and we are tsr, then we rock, but if we rock, why are we alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    if tsr rocks, and we are tsr, then we rock, but if we rock, why are we alone?
    :confused: that thought went straight over my head lol but.... maybe we are alone because at the end of the day we are all individuals... individualism is what makes tsr rock, but in real life, we all want something to have in common with someone else

ReputationRep:
    Is TSR not part of real life?

If it isn't - therefore let's call it imaginary - and TSR is imaginary, then we cannot rock, so therefore we are lonely!

But TSR certainly is real life, for some more than others, and therefore, i believe it is the collective nature of such a diverse community that inspires our rocketh nature

ReputationRep:
    eactly! very well said *too confused to add*

ReputationRep:
    Just nod and smile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.