The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Goodnight yaar!!! Have a good night sleep!!!:smile: We will probably chat tomorow!!!
Reply 2401
ellooo fellow IFG m8s :smile: How is everyone today?

Holi left us with many colours around :frown: :biggrin: :eek:

Air, I like your Avtar. Luks soo cute.

Miss my caramsboard in India :frown:

Anyone here likes playing carams? Omg ! In France, people in france dunno wot it is :eek:
HEY Abhinaya

Yeah, we have a caramboard at home. we used to play it alot but time is always limited here!!!
Reply 2403
singh1987
HEY Abhinaya

Yeah, we have a caramboard at home. we used to play it alot but time is always limited here!!!

omg ! I'll come to your place once to play carams. lol !

what are you doin today?

PS : Singh1987, ZooBs and lilac. please send me ur b'days. I'll have to update our dashboard :biggrin:
My birthday is on 10th September!!!

Just been to uni and now doing my coursework!!!

I am not very good at caram. i always give up because everyone beats me! Even my little brother beats me and he 11 lol!!!
Reply 2405
Hey people, everyone doing ok?

Talking of carrom, used to play it everyday at home though not touched a carromboard since getting into uni.
Reply 2406
singh1987
My birthday is on 10th September!!!

Just been to uni and now doing my coursework!!!

I am not very good at caram. i always give up because everyone beats me! Even my little brother beats me and he 11 lol!!!

yayy :smile: your B'day is strongly crypted in golden words. hehehe :wink:

ahh, you have to pay a lot of attention coz I'm a carroms expert. lol ! I am always curious to strike the coin into the hole :biggrin:

Mithun : I'm am like you. lol ! long time no play :frown: Would like to play it again though.
Reply 2407
14th August :biggrin:
Carom is a good game. i think my Dad is the best. he has always beaten us all!!! Thanks Abhi for noting down my birthday!!!
Reply 2409
कैरम all the way!

हमारे तो एक टोर्नमंट होने परेगी!

Hey guys any Hindi speakers?

A belated होली की बधाई to all of you!

Btw what do you guys use to smooth the board? I use Boric acid, can't remember whether I bought it in Pune or Ahmedabad...Who have we got in our warm up match this Friday (cricket now, a bit off topic hehe)
I am not too sure who we have!!! But i think its going to be a really exciting world cup!!! I think the man to shine is going to be Yuvraj Singh!!!
We playing holland today right now!!! Tendulkar made 61 and Dravid made 74. at the moment we are 251-7 at 43 overs!!!
Reply 2412
Abhinaya

Air, I like your Avtar. Luks soo cute.

Miss my caramsboard in India :frown:

Anyone here likes playing carams? Omg ! In France, people in france dunno wot it is :eek:

Thank you.

I have a carrom board too but I'm not very good at playing carrom. :frown:

s_rishi1: We use boric acid powder too. Also, I understand hindi but can't read or write in it.
Reply 2413
Air
Thank you.

I have a carrom board too but I'm not very good at playing carrom. :frown:

s_rishi1: We use boric acid powder too. Also, I understand hindi but can't read or write in it.

Hey Air, Can we exchange our Hindi skills please? :wink:

I can read write and understand but not good in speaking :frown:
Reply 2414
s_rishi1
कैरम all the way!

हमारे तो एक टोर्नमंट होने परेगी!

Hey guys any Hindi speakers?

A belated होली की बधाई to all of you!

Btw what do you guys use to smooth the board? I use Boric acid, can't remember whether I bought it in Pune or Ahmedabad...Who have we got in our warm up match this Friday (cricket now, a bit off topic hehe)

Namasthé Rishi, Nice to see your post :smile:

How did you get that Hindi font? I would like to have one too.

Yeah, I dunn remember exactly tht I used but it's something like Boric powder.
Yeah i think we use Boric powder too lol!!!!
I cant read or write hindi but can speak it well, but its not the best lol!!!
Reply 2416
Hey guys

My name is संजय - Sanjay

I'm actually using a Mac laptop, which has the Hindi font already built in. All you do is go to Settings>International>Languages>Devanagri QWERTY

That should give you a phoenetic keyboard, that is, if you type 'n', it comes out as न, if you type 'm', it comes out as म etc.

The best way to learn spoken Hindi is to watch the films and sing the songs :smile:

If you want to learn to read/write, then the 'Teach yourself' books are really good.

Does anyone play any Hindustani instruments or sing in the Hindustani or Carnatic classical style?

I play Sitar and Guitar, but would love to be able to train in Carnatic and Hindustani vocals :smile:
Reply 2417
hey sanjay...wow :five:

i need to watch more hindi movies :redface: hindi has gone worse heh..where abouts you from in india? where u born there? :smile: :wavey:
Reply 2418
Hey there Sanjay !

Sadly I don't know any hindi apart from some of the basics, do watch movies but need English Subtitles.
I do use subtitles to understand what some words mean!!!
I cant play any indian instruments but i do sing. my voice is very deep when i sing but i can only sing to religious songs!!! I sound as if i been singing in the Gurdwara for years lol!!!
I think im going to get the teach yourself books!!!

Latest