Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Friends Group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Nisherz, Please send me your date of birth please

ReputationRep:
    I don't know... this world shocks me. You hear some unbelievable horror stories, particularly in this country. Stabbings and shootings have become a daily norm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    Nisherz, Please send me your date of birth please
    lol, providing it is not used for matchmaking purposes or anything of the sort, its 6 July 1985.

ReputationRep:
    Howz weather in UK? Here it's back to worst since last weekend. I'm plannin to visit London May end.
    I'd like to know the must to visit places in 3 days and which place is better to stay in central london. Ofcourse, the place where I can enjoy some Indian food. lol !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisherz187)
    lol, providing it is not used for matchmaking purposes or anything of the sort, its 6 July 1985.
    Yeah yeah.. it's for your arranged marriage :p:

naah, just to add it to our members list. lol !

PS : ZooBs. I'm sorry you already sent it to me and there were 100 posts by the time I woke up and now I'm in the process of searching

ReputationRep:
    Abhi-The best place for indian food is only southall, nothing comes close!!!! the weather is cold here!!!

Nisha- yeah that news about stabbings is getting big. The police are just looking at little matters like driving etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah yeah.. it's for your arranged marriage :p:

naah, just to add it to our members list. lol !
    lol, don't worry, I will arrange my marriage myself in due course!

The weather here is really ****. It's freezing cold... it snowed yesterday and the day before (well it did in Leicester!). So yeah, the weather is **** as usual:rolleyes:

I see you went to Amsterdam?!:eek: ...I love Holland! ....I'm planning my trip there for June, when exams are over. Hopefully to sort out my move there - I can't wait! (Can you tell? lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh1987)
    Nisha- yeah that news about stabbings is getting big. The police are just looking at little matters like driving etc.
    lol, don't start me off on driving... I thought I was flashed 2 weeks ago doing anything between 60-75mph in a 50 zone... but no letter, so I was probably only doing 50-57mph...Phew!:rolleyes:

It was stupid, I "warned" my dad in advance for no reason...lol:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, yeah anyone can tell how excited you are Nisha!!!! i havent been to amsterdam, i was going to go in January for my bro stag night but couldnt because of exams

ReputationRep:
    lol, don't start me off on driving... I thought I was flashed 2 weeks ago doing anything between 60-75mph in a 50 zone... but no letter, so I was probably only doing 50-57mph...Phew!:rolleyes:

It was stupid, I "warned" my dad in advance for no reason...lol:rolleyes:
    Hahahaha!!! that is so funny!!! i hate speed cameras!!! back home, there is one road and like 10 speed cameras. to be honest they only need 2 at the max on there!!!

ReputationRep:
    I see you went to Amsterdam?!:eek: ...I love Holland! ....I'm planning my trip there for June, when exams are over. Hopefully to sort out my move there - I can't wait! (Can you tell? lol)
    Omg ! It's reali a luvvvly place. I found it a lot peaceful, calm and beautiful place as I was staying at a friend's which is around 3mins. drive from Amsterdam. I was there to visit Amsterdam university with my friends and it was also a good place. You need any info or contacts there please let me know. I can send you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared to death about exams, so lets not talk about them

I'm hungry.... I wanted some eggs, but remembered its Tuesday today, so can't have eggs... then I was going to have Chicken Soup, but nope, can't have that either... so Ive had to settle for vegetable soup.... I need it to tie me over for about an hour or so... and 27kcals will do me nicely.

I just thought I'd share that with you

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha!!! that is so funny!!! i hate speed cameras!!! back home, there is one road and like 10 speed cameras. to be honest they only need 2 at the max on there!!!
    I always take my satnav usually, so don't have a problem coz it always tells me where they are... but this 1 was a mobile 1, and I didn't have my satnav that day (coz I only went uni for an hour!)... it was like 9pm and I just wanted to be home quick:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared to death about exams, so lets not talk about them

I'm hungry.... I wanted some eggs, but remembered its Tuesday today, so can't have eggs... then I was going to have Chicken Soup, but nope, can't have that either... so Ive had to settle for vegetable soup.... I need it to tie me over for about an hour or so... and 27kcals will do me nicely.

I just thought I'd share that with you
    Lol!!! Pretty random lol!!! but isnt it navratre or something like that now? dad was on about it. nobody at home is eating non-veg except for me. i even eat on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays, while my family dont. well dad is a pure vegetarian.

ReputationRep:
    Omg ! It's reali a luvvvly place. I found it a lot peaceful, calm and beautiful place as I was staying at a friend's which is around 3mins. drive from Amsterdam. I was there to visit Amsterdam university with my friends and it was also a good place. You need any info or contacts there please let me know. I can send you.
    Amsterdam and its surrounding areas are particularly beautiful!... Definately one of the nicer places in Europe!

I'm thinking of doing my Masters there in a few years, after I've moved there... Amsterdam University will definately be an option to be considered. Its very prestigious, and very beautiful as far as I hear!

I'll let you know when I do, thanks! ...probably the closer I get to organising everything after the dreaded exams!

ReputationRep:
    Lol!!! Pretty random lol!!! but isnt it navratre or something like that now? dad was on about it. nobody at home is eating non-veg except for me. i even eat on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays, while my family dont. well dad is a pure vegetarian.
    omg ! Singh we are just a copy. lol ! Same here. I was at my grandparent's in India and they don't eat NV but cooks some NV just for me. I don't eat NV saturdays though when I was in India but now, I started eating even on saturdays:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not yet it isn't.

I don't eat non-veg on Tuesdays and Sundays... if its by mistake, then its no big deal.

I'm more strict about it on Tuesdays. I do avoid it Sundays, only eat it if its weddings/parties etc - which are usually on Sundays... that isn't all too often though.

ReputationRep:
    I just dont see the point of not eating NV on such days to be honest! it not as if God is going to punish you, thats the way my parents put it across. i can understand if its for self-discipline but to say bad things will happen, then i think its wrong altogether. but i enjoy my NV though especially lamb!!! but thats in the family!!!

ReputationRep:
    omg ! Singh we are just a copy. lol ! Same here. I was at my grandparent's in India and they don't eat NV but cooks some NV just for me. I don't eat NV saturdays though when I was in India but now, I started eating even on saturdays:eek:
    lol, my grandparents in India didn't eat non-veg... my grandma HATED it and never allowed it into the house.... so while we were there, we used to smuggle it into the house and sit in the corner eating it!:eek:

lol, thinking back, I'm sure it was obvious coz there was like 10 of us huddled into a corner eating something!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not yet it isn't.
    Ok, i dont know what type od Navratre my family are doing then im glad i dont get involved to be honest, they do soo many meaningless rituals its unbelieavable.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.