Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Friends Group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "The bona fide Guru is always Sat as he represents the absolute truth. "
    I always thought the difference between Guru and Acarya was that the Acarya will travel all over the world making many disciples and will not stay in any place too lon and a guru who resides at the Guru kula and spends much personal time with disciples training them personally and with much time and care.

:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh1987)
    Nisha, i think there is a difference between a Guru and a Satguru. However if you look The Sikh Gurus were referred to as Gurus but in essence they were the Satgurus of the time.
    Also i am getting a bit confused on this, my hindu friends will help me on this. So Lord Krishna, Lord Ram- do you see them as Gods or do you see them as Satgurus? In my personal opinion they are Satgurus whether anyone finds it bad or whatever. in my opinion one needs a Satguru.

Yeah scriptures tell you how to realise God and provide those teachings but Satguru is the one that shows you God and shows how to implement teachings in your daily life.
    There is a difference between a Guru and Satguru, something I have tried to define in my previous post.

The Sikh Gurus were in fact Satgurus, and most places will refer to them as Satgurus.

A person needs a Guru, not a Satguru. A Guru has the knowledge to show you the right path, a Satguru is not a specific requirement.

As for whether Lord Krishna and Lord Ram are Gods.... do you anything about the Hindu Trinity?...Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZooBOT)
    "The bona fide Guru is always Sat as he represents the absolute truth. "
    I always thought the difference between Guru and Acarya was that the Acarya will travel all over the world making many disciples and will not stay in any place too lon and a guru who resides at the Guru kula and spends much personal time with disciples training them personally and with much time and care.

:hmmmm:
    You'll find many Acharyas at Gurukuls, and many Gurus travelling, there is no such specific difference between a Guru and an Acharya. An Acharya is a Guru in one form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisherz187)
    There is a difference between a Guru and Satguru, something I have tried to define in my previous post.

The Sikh Gurus were in fact Satgurus, and most places will refer to them as Satgurus.

A person needs a Guru, not a Satguru. A Guru has the knowledge to show you the right path, a Satguru is not a specific requirement.

As for whether Lord Krishna and Lord Ram are Gods.... do you anything about the Hindu Trinity?...Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva?
    Like i say i dont know much about hinduism and i only heard of the trinity. I know that Brahma is the creator and Vishnu is the sustainer and Shiva is the destroyer.

So what you are saying here is that a Guru is more important than a Satguru? thats seems wierd. i think i would rather listen to the Satguru and learn from Him than from a Guru to be honest. A person needs a Satguru not a Guru in my opinion. But when some people refer them to Gurus they actually mean Satguru when it comes to religion. Also a Guru cannot show you God but only the Satguru can do that!

ReputationRep:
    I know in the scriptures is it said that Lord Brahma was born out of Lord Vishnu's belly button or something..and Lord Brahma created Lord Shiva.

As for Lord Krishna and Ram i think they are the different forms of God when he incarnated down to earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh1987)
    Like i say i dont know much about hinduism and i only heard of the trinity. I know that Brahma is the creator and Vishnu is the sustainer and Shiva is the destroyer.

So what you are saying here is that a Guru is more important than a Satguru? thats seems wierd. i think i would rather listen to the Satguru and learn from Him than from a Guru to be honest. A person needs a Satguru not a Guru in my opinion. But when some people refer them to Gurus they actually mean Satguru when it comes to religion.
    If you admit yourself you don't know much about Hinduism, how can you just assume Lord Krishna and Lord Ram were Satgurus?! And then to actually continue by saying "in my opinion they are Satgurus whether anyone finds it bad or whatever" ...what?!...:rolleyes:

Ignorance is the greatest injustice to oneself.

I'm done with this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    crazy debating here...

how are you guys anyway :wavey: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    crazy debating here...

how are you guys anyway :wavey: :hugs:
    Haha...I'm fine thanks, how are youuu?

I really need to get on with some work... I seem to have taken half the day off!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    iim ooooki lil bored lol no work :p:

:eek: half the day off !! what do ya need to do

ReputationRep:
    iim ooooki lil bored lol no work :p:

:eek: half the day off !! what do ya need to do
    lol...don't ask

I have another 7,000 words to do on my Immigration Law project (got 6 weeks to do it in)... as well as work which needs to be done for when I'm back at uni... anddd revision alongside it all....final year exams start mid-May

ReputationRep:
    aww noes :hugs: get to work you :hmmm: :p: so u on hol now? prioritise your work i guess. timetable? dont forget to post on IFG too heh..;yes;

ReputationRep:
    aww noes :hugs: get to work you :hmmm: :p: so u on hol now? prioritise your work i guess. timetable? dont forget to post on IFG too heh..;yes;
    lol...yesh...finall on "holiday"!

Till 16 April... but got plenty to do till then... managed ok-ish till today!:eek:

I did start making a timetable last night... maybe I just need to finish it and act on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisherz187)
    lol...yesh...finall on "holiday"!

Till 16 April... but got plenty to do till then... managed ok-ish till today!:eek:

I did start making a timetable last night... maybe I just need to finish it and act on it!
    :five:

:rofl: i could never follow my timetable

good luck with it all

ReputationRep:
    wow looks like there is a big indian society in here!
    nice

well, im not indian but i can speak urdu , yeah i learned for years...
    easy lol

hello mozes! :hello:join the soc!

and hi everyone! just popped to see whats going on, hows everyones week been?

ReputationRep:
    :dancing: elloooo im oki ;yes; week gone quick :s: how bout u

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Mozes to IFG. Yeah, we are a very grand society. lol !

yayy, lilac. where were you hiding. aww, thanks for posting. lol ! we dinn forget you still:p:

:birthday: SUMITK87 :party:

Nisha and singh thanks for sharing your philosophical knowledge and I feel our brains are too much enlightened by now. Let's have a break n chill out for a while :dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, yeah my internet was down yesterday otherwise this discussion still will be going on. My knowledge of hinduism isnt much but i have enough knowledge to distinguish between God and Satguru. As a spiritual guy i am always looking into spirituality and its been a hobby for a while.

Hapy Birthday Sumitk87!!! Wish you all the best!!!

ReputationRep:
    morning all.... wow wot a talk yesterday, well done to both singh and nisha for keeping it up, was most intriguing. Im sure we all learned a lot from the discussions, and hope nisha you can complete your work and get back on top of things and singh/rahul that your internet is fine now, i work in IT so if you need a hand let me know....

great snow in my end this morning, for the end of april and the contrast from last week....:cool: :cool:

enjoy your day, and good luck to india tomorrow, we really need a blasting win, if not we out for the count.....:mad: :mad: although sri lanka played a great game yesterday....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We have beaten Sri lanka before, we can do it again!!! Come on India!!!

You got snow!!! i havent got any down my end!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.