This discussion is closed.
desi-guru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
kidda lilac.....??
hows it goin...??

yeah singh, india will have a revival of sorts, with any hope and luck!!! not sure if the 'veterans' will still be around, hope not|!|! they experince counted for nothing.....!
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think Dravid will still be in!!! he is my favourite indian cricketer!!!

Hey lilac, how are you?
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Heylo, Howz everyone? I was there for a dinner at a punjabi restaurant. Omg ! The food is really good. Had some kheer as a dessert. Aré Balle ballee...
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hey abhi how are you? i love kheer!!!! my massi makes nice kheer!!!
Krystal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hey wats up guys....
nice to have set up this thing....Can i join u people?

also...i wanna know that person from lucknow on your list...im from lucknow too!!! hopefully they still post..

so tell me....people on here...are you indians originally from the Uk or originally from india then moved somewhere else? I lived in india for 10 fabulous years and then i had to move to this crappy island we call the uk...full of uncultured uncivilised chavs- both asian and white. I hate every moment i spend here and want to return to india asap. is anyone else in the same-ish situation? basically im quite a desh-bhakt and feel so trapped here...i rely wanna know if im unique or there are people out there feeling my pain...?
Zoob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Krystal)
hey wats up guys....

also...i wanna know that person from lucknow on your list...im from lucknow too!!! hopefully they still post..

so tell me....people on here...are you indians originally from the Uk or originally from india then moved somewhere else? I lived in india for 10 fabulous years and then i had to move to this crappy island we call the uk...full of uncultured uncivilised chavs- both asian and white. I hate every moment i spend here and want to return to india asap. is anyone else in the same-ish situation? basically im quite a desh-bhakt and feel so trapped here...i rely wanna know if im unique or there are people out there feeling my pain...?
hey :hello:

i don't think they post anymore..just checked..last they online was 2 years ago lol. where is lucknow :hmmmm:

I am originally from Orissa, India moved here when i was 7 years old. What are you doing atm? uni? school? I understand what u saying. I like india, but i dont hate it here. everywhere has is plus and minus points but home is home and india is best
Krystal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im in school doin my AS's. Its just that this really doesn't feel like home. Over there i lived in a much more protected environment and lucknow(capital of UP) is a relatively small city so in our sort of locality we knew everyone. Children all play cricket on the streets, u go to each other's houses and play and chat.- something u wont get now in metropolitan cities there even but....
dyu know what i mean?

and to be honest i can think of nothing good about british society...maybe its the area i live in??
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I do know what you are on about. i dont know whether britain is all that bad but like ZooBot said it has its ups and downs but India is our home!!!
I have been born and bred here in the UK and fortunately i have been to india only on three occassions! i live in Delhi and i really prefer the life there than here in the UK!!! and in the future i am hoping to live half a year and half a year in India! i even want my children to be educated in India in a school in missourie!!! But then again things change when you get married hey!!!
I have tried to keep my culture whilst living here to be honest i have balanced both the cultures. i think it is essential but in the long term i see myself living in india!!! its good to see another person having the same views as me!!!
i do understand what you mean about the asian chavs but thats their problem not ours.
desi-guru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ive lived in the UK all my life, born and bred here, when i support any sports teams i have to admit i generally support UK/England, but i have an affinity towards India. Just becuase i hadnt grown up in India i do not feel much affinity, mainly due to my heritage! That brings us onto the main topic, do i follow my heritage even when im living working paying taxes in another country??... is that truly right, Yeah some people are going to argue that long debate what have the english/gore done for us, i say lots, and in time we can do the same they done to us, we have literally taken over their country anyways, we got better jobs than the natives here, which is what they did to us in the early 1900's.

I feel closer to this issue than most would care to argue about, as my father who is still alive, is in his 80's.... yes his 80's.... he lived at the time when the english occupied the whole of india, and he fought for the british against the japanese in Burma. He has told me and still does, all the stories from India as he viewed them, and they are impressive to say the least, he says the english done good for us, it is us who destroyed it after them!! Yes they killed they tortured and the stole our heritage as it was then. But what have we done to hold on the the tatters that was left.... Thats what heritage im talking about....

anyways, suffice to say, im probably blabbing on and on, but dad bought himself here through the national army, and has made residence here since, and always says he got his citizenship from early on, so why should we discredit this country when it gave back as much if not more than it took, just that some people failed to see past their noses what was right in front of us all along....?? co-existence. Look at southall for example, amasing what 20years of co-existnce can do?? i say give it a few more years and the UK will be home to many more...:cool: just bad weather hehehe....
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Guruji waht you say is true and i do agree with you. But this still isnt out home and our heritage is our true home. and to be honest if your dad saw these problems in india now, he could try and change them right? i think India is advancing more than the UK and i do agree we are literally taking over their country, lol and southall is a good example!!!
kolo5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Krystal)
hey wats up guys....

Heya,

I'm a relatively new member, but one of my grandfathers was from Lucknow, and half my father's relatives live in Haldwani and Kashipur!

I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate every moment, though I TOTALLY agree with you about the vibe you get from most people here.

I too am VERY much into the preservation and spreading of Indian culture and awareness, as well as pride about our mother land.

Whereabouts do you live? I'm in North London, so it's hard to find THAT many Indians, though the ones I do make friends with tend to appreciate my love for Indian culture etc. so that's nice.

Try and take the positives out of living here...think about it, if you get your qualifications here, work hard, make some dosh, then maybe you can go back when you're older to make a difference (like I want to )
kolo5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And well said D-Guru

It makes a big difference being brought up here, and really feeling British because you've grown up here.

But still I agree with you, let's take the positives out of this country now that we're here.
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah!!! take the positives and make a difference to India!!! Lets try and make Mahatma Gandhi's vision come true!!! At the end of the day we cannot change others but by changing ourselves we can make a difference. By nationality we may be british but by blood we still Indian!!!
Zoob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:party::party:
HAPPY RAM NAVAMI!! #excited#
:party::party:
kolo5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah!

Ram Naumi ki bahut bahut Badhai!
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Happy Ram Navami to all!!!!
Mithun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello People, hows everyone keeping up?
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey mithun. i am good man!!! how are you? you havent posted on here for a while!!!
Mithun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey man I'm fine thanks. Yeah been a bit busy with end of term and courseworks, also been watching a lot of cricket. Well hopefully should have some free time over the next month.

What you been upto? How's uni?
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just the same coursework and i have started revising too!!! while i just been trying to relax today!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
17.14%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (16)
45.71%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
37.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed