Indian Friends Group Watch

This discussion is closed.
Abhinaya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Namasthé everyone,
I am back here and some good news too I will be to London the weekend of 26th to 27th May and I am coming up with our 1st IFG meet up for people who can make it(1 or 100 doesn't matter )
I would like some suggestions like where to meet : a coffee shop or a good Indian restaurant???
I'll be staying near Regent park and portland street. I prefer to meetup somewhere around.

We can meetup for an hour or two(as you wish) during that afternoon and we can have a chat on swadeshi and videshi topics.

I would leave you guys to come forward with good ideas and suggestions.

We need to make a list of participants, time, place...

Have a great weekend.
Mithun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Krystal)
(Edit: Hey lucky!!, what dyu study?)

wow....we do share similar views. I do feel exactly like a robot. Nothing new/unexpected....just the daily routine of school, home, work, sleep and all over again. and i can't even say- 'i want something exciting in life' because here the term exciting has several implications.:rolleyes:

I think people who live in india don't value our roots at all. I mean, i never realised what india actually meant to me until i moved here. They just wanna be western because thats the way they think one can move ahead in life. Clearly, looking at it from a sort of outsiders perspective- having seen both sides, its not like that. With a grounded, cultured belief system, there is more purpose to life. I think we tend to get our priorities bang on if we do. Like me...i think people from the age of 7-18 years, maybe more, are students- thats the learning period of ur life, so u learn. Its no time for relationships because ur not responsible/mature/ready and u are bound to make mistakes which will have more severe complications at that age, than if u make those mistakes later + u are less likely to make mistakes anyway/...say u have a relationship....most people know they wont marry this person.....then if it has no future....then why bother?
and sex before marriage etc. my question is why do u need it? there is no need (unless ur desperate...which i dont get either) No good has ever come out of it...i think there are other pleasures in life- why does this stupid society so sex-orientated?(my views, no offence meant) But anyway...

i reckon the indians here have changed because they desperately want to fit in. They dont realise that they cant..and must find a unique place in society rather than adopting the british ways. *sigh*

swades was one of the best things ive seen. It represents my emotions exactly. I wanna go back and do something maybe later in life. hopefully my profession will allow me to do that. Still have to see namastey india. shud do it soon...hmm.

Anyways...what age group are u people in? singh1987...u 2 years older than moi im guessing. What are u doing at uni?
I agree with most of what you say but isn't is the same in India? If you go to places like Mumbai the younger generation is beginning to get westernized and the nighlife/lifestyle is pretty much similar to what we find here in uk and in a few years time there won't be a lot of differences.
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Abhinaya)
Namasthé everyone,
I am back here and some good news too I will be to London the weekend of 26th to 27th May and I am coming up with our 1st IFG meet up for people who can make it(1 or 100 doesn't matter )
I would like some suggestions like where to meet : a coffee shop or a good Indian restaurant???
I'll be staying near Regent park and portland street. I prefer to meetup somewhere around.

We can meetup for an hour or two(as you wish) during that afternoon and we can have a chat on swadeshi and videshi topics.

I would leave you guys to come forward with good ideas and suggestions.

We need to make a list of participants, time, place...

Have a great weekend.
As I've mentioned before I'm up for it, anywhere is fine by me.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mithun)
As I've mentioned before I'm up for it, anywhere is fine by me.
Great thanks. Here we go. We will finalise the list before first May so that, we can reserve the resto or café in advance.

IFG Meetup list : 27th May 2007, Sunday afternoon, London.

1. Abhinaya
2. Mithun
milio
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its true that the indians both here and at home are loosing touch with their roots.

I think we should enforce our culture on to the next generation by any means possible.

I think we must eradicate western culture from India.

I think we must discard the abrahamic religions from India, and make it a homeland for the Dharmic religions.

We need to take back OUR COUNTRY....The land of Dharma
Zoob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sounds awesome tho i dunno if i can get to london tho..:hmmmm: ill get back to u
Love_Chai88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey Krystal i study Sociology :-)
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZooBOT)
Sounds awesome tho i dunno if i can get to london tho..:hmmmm: ill get back to u
yayy ZooBs tht would be great if you can make it. Isn't there Hare krishna temple there? I am planning to visit Swami Narayan temple there. Just as a visitor. lol !
Zoob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Abhinaya)
yayy ZooBs tht would be great if you can make it. Isn't there Hare krishna temple there? I am planning to visit Swami Narayan temple there. Just as a visitor. lol !
one in soho st yes ooh that big one ye? ant been in a while but its ace
kolo5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We could use Govinda's restaurant in London...pure veg buffet, no onion/garlic for any Jains too!
rotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
haven't posted here for a while, how has everyone been?
Zoob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RdotR)
haven't posted here for a while, how has everyone been?
:hello: not bad..how you been
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
iv been great thanks. although i have SO much revision to do in easter
especially maths i suck at maths so bad.
Zoob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RdotR)
iv been great thanks. although i have SO much revision to do in easter
especially maths i suck at maths so bad.
;console; maths is just practise practise ;yes; you can do it :hugs:

just take it one day at a time
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thanks
i have like a whole box of past papers here..i tried doing one and like stopped after 2 questions
so hard, and i NEED to pass maths gcse,
Zoob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
keep at it. im sure u will pass ;yes;

good luck with rest of revision too are you just revising all easter? :eek: go somewhere ;yes; dont spend all hols revising
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
all holidays revision! of course i'm not gonna do that! i'm gonna probably just go shopping and stuff.
grr, i just really dislike maths! thank god next year (alevels) no more maths
Zoob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RdotR)
all holidays revision! of course i'm not gonna do that! i'm gonna probably just go shopping and stuff.
grr, i just really dislike maths! thank god next year (alevels) no more maths
alevel maths in fun ;yes; lol You know what subjects u takin next year?
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Kiddha everyone!!! That is good Abhi that you are coming. i will tell you near the tie if i can make it!!!
desi-guru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RdotR)
thanks
i have like a whole box of past papers here..i tried doing one and like stopped after 2 questions
so hard, and i NEED to pass maths gcse,
kidda all, sat sri akaal and namaste.... :cool:

hope all are well, heatlhy and smiling!!!...

its been a while since i been here, due to work, taken me all over the place the last week, but just 2 days work this week, the got week off, wehey.....:cool:

by the way rdotr, i tutor maths in my area, as i still love maths for some reason, i done a Bsc in mathematics, and enjoy it lots, if you need a hand give me a shout.... not too loud though

im freezing today!!!! probably cos i not had my lachee cha yet!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.95%
Pro-humanity (167)
54.05%

Watched Threads