The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
desi-guru
hello all, been away it seems for long long time, how are all??

take it enjoying the weather, they say going to be even hotter this weekend, cant wait, but i feel for the students, you have to keep the head in the books, oh well,,... hehehe:biggrin: :biggrin:

enjoy day... gonna watch the cricket later....:cool:

Hey Gruruji, Where did you disappear all these days? We missed you a lot but well, you're back now :wink:

How is work goin? wuoww, What a great weather. The beautiful sunny days are back. Missing India though where I used to roam in T-shirts almost throughout the year :frown:
hello Abhinaya, i am great thanks as is work, just too much to do, and now the main director off on his hols, we are in charge, dont want to let him down, but also want to take the foot of the pedal, so to speak!!:wink: :wink:

other than that, all is great, these spring/summer daylight saving days are fab, you can leave work in the evenigns and its still light, and feel on top of the world, want to do things after work, rather than sleep it off eh.:biggrin:

going to gurdas maan concert on the 29th april, cant wait for that, should be fun, also on the same day going to trafalgar square for the vaisaki mela there, should be great, have gone there every year since opened, love it!!

hope you are doing great, and work too.....

take it easy...:cool:
Reply 3202
helooo everyone!
Reply 3203
RdotR
helooo everyone!

Heylooo :smile: Howz u RdotR?

Desi-guru : wuaw, you an acting manager now. Tht should be great. You can be testin ur caliber in his absence. lol ! My work goin fine too. Loads of work to finish b4 this weekend. Later, enjoy the sunny weekend :biggrin:

The weekend next to that would be the presidential elections in France. Still loads of people confused to decide whom to vote. It's a big suspense this time.
i heard about the elections, shiould be good for us to find out after the results, good luck mate

my day is near done, cant wait to get home, bit of lie in tomorrow, then late start, wehey......

hope you all enjoy.....
Reply 3205
im great thanksss mate, i finished writing/revising my italian oral about italian football, had fun looking for research :biggrin:
Reply 3206
Ellloooooo :biggrin:
Reply 3207
RdotR
im great thanksss mate, i finished writing/revising my italian oral about italian football, had fun looking for research :biggrin:

Ciaao ragazzi :biggrin:

Have u been to Italy before? I wish to learn Italian and portuguese. lol !

What did you write about the Italian football? Did you mention about the Italian player got hit by the french player in the world cup? :p:
yelllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[scroll]:dancing::banana:;banana2;:rock::dancing:[/scroll]

dont ask why i did that :dontknow:
What did u doooo!!!!!
nothing!! ;no;

:ninja:
Reply 3211
lilac!!
nothing!! ;no;

:ninja:

hehehe... I won't ask coz I already have the answer(that you are in a happy n healthy mood today) shh... secret. I won't tell anyone :biggrin:
Reply 3212
Howz everyone? Seems lazy today? :p:

Yesterday, I was there to an Indian resto and had some kheer. umm... lol !

I always wanted to know something about the Indians settled or born abroad about their impression on India and it's culture. What are their likes and dislikes? honestly speaking :smile:

You would prefer to visit India just on vacation or would like to settle there after a particular period in your life?
Reply 3213
I definitely wanna move to Bombay once I've held a job here for a few years and earned some savings.

I went for the first time ever in 2005, and absolutely loved it. There were parts I couldn't stand, such as visiting my relatives in UP, where the facilities were, erm, basic hehe. I'm quite Westernised that way, and love all the comforts of living here. However, I adored the cities, especially Bombay and Ahmedabad, and could easily imagine myself living there, where it's really well modernised.

The things I liked most about India were the vibrancy, the way it seemed like life was so much more meaningful over there, being surrounded by my own people, and the sort of culture and respect that Indians have, unlike a lot of people in this country.

However, there is still a LOT of poverty which was so saddening to see, especially the children, and then there are obviously infrastructure problems, corruption etc. that may hinder one living there comfortably. Also, I fell very badly ill last summer which wasn't nice, but it's to be expected as you try and adapt to living there.

Overall though, definitely love it, and can imagine myself living in Bombay when I'm older.

Time to go make some Daal Chawal now...
Abhinaya
hehehe... I won't ask coz I already have the answer(that you are in a happy n healthy mood today) shh... secret. I won't tell anyone :biggrin:

sshhhh not that loud someone might hear you! :ninja:

:flute:
Reply 3215
s_rishi1
I definitely wanna move to Bombay once I've held a job here for a few years and earned some savings.

I went for the first time ever in 2005, and absolutely loved it. There were parts I couldn't stand, such as visiting my relatives in UP, where the facilities were, erm, basic hehe. I'm quite Westernised that way, and love all the comforts of living here. However, I adored the cities, especially Bombay and Ahmedabad, and could easily imagine myself living there, where it's really well modernised.

The things I liked most about India were the vibrancy, the way it seemed like life was so much more meaningful over there, being surrounded by my own people, and the sort of culture and respect that Indians have, unlike a lot of people in this country.

However, there is still a LOT of poverty which was so saddening to see, especially the children, and then there are obviously infrastructure problems, corruption etc. that may hinder one living there comfortably. Also, I fell very badly ill last summer which wasn't nice, but it's to be expected as you try and adapt to living there.

Overall though, definitely love it, and can imagine myself living in Bombay when I'm older.

Time to go make some Daal Chawal now...

That's true about the poverty part especially in Bombay. Even I lived in India since childhood and came abroad for studies and recently when I landed in Bombay for the first time. It was a real shock. I have never seen such a kind of over crowded city and the poverty there in South India.
Probably Delhi and Calcutta resemble Bombay but cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad are far more better than Bombay.

wooo, Dal, chawal. yummy.. yumm.. Coming to your house soon for dinner. lol !
Reply 3216
lilac!!
sshhhh not that loud someone might hear you! :ninja:

:flute:

hmmm... I'm sure anyone dinn hear except our members :biggrin:

How was ur Weekend everyone?

Me, it was sportive. Went joggin n bikin yesterday n today. It was Marathon de Paris today. I wish I could participate next year. Omg ! The guy who came first did 42kms in 2hours and 7 minutes :eek: He should have been some motorbike or somethin durin his past life. lol !
Reply 3217
Hey all^^ :smile:
Reply 3218
*Mr.$andhu*
Hey all^^ :smile:

Hi Mr.$ji :smile: yayy, everyone bak again after the busy weekend.
Reply 3219
Abhinaya
Hi Mr.$ji :smile: yayy, everyone bak again after the busy weekend.

Yep, went back to school today. GCSE's in 5 weeks! :eek: :eek:

Latest