Indian Friends Group Watch

This discussion is closed.
sugar_cane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep everything is because of Zoob... ;yes;
Everyone's using other people's first names...I don't know who's who!!
Who's birthday is it?
And is Abhinaya, Krrish?
:confused:
kolo5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi all! I'm back from holiday! How's everyone been doing?

Happy Birthday Zoob!

I was in Toronto for one day, and must say I found the Indian area along Gerrard Street quite disappointing Still, there was a very good vegetarian restaurant there.

Anybody got plans for Independence Day tomorrow ?
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello! :hello: :shakehand
I'm assuming you know the main users of this thread but me...so hello again!
I'm going out tomorrow...not particularly for Independance (primarily because it's the day before results! :p:) however, I'll walk around with the pride in knowing that we've been free for 60 years!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by sugar_cane)
Hello! :hello: :shakehand
I'm going out tomorrow...not particularly for Independance (primarily because it's the day before results! :p:) however, I'll walk around with the pride in knowing that we've been free for 50 years!
All the best. You need to really relax before the results. Yayyy

hehehe... It's not 50 years but 60 years after Independance

I will be going to our embassy in Paris for the flag hoisting ceremony tomm. morning followed by the lovely breakfast with Laddus, dhoklas, samosas, chai... and meeting many people of Indian origin there.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Special GOOD LUCK post for all those who are waiting for their results soon ;grouphugs;
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by kolo5)
Hi all! I'm back from holiday! How's everyone been doing?

Happy Birthday Zoob!

I was in Toronto for one day, and must say I found the Indian area along Gerrard Street quite disappointing Still, there was a very good vegetarian restaurant there.

Anybody got plans for Independence Day tomorrow ?
Wuaw, I had friends there but everyone moved back to the states. Btw, where are you now??

A silly doubt, By [kolo] you mean [open] in hindi???

Have fun. Hope u'll find a place in this world to salute for the Indian flag tomm
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Abhinaya)
All the best. You need to really relax before the results. Yayyy

hehehe... It's not 50 years but 60 years after Independance

I will be going to our embassy in Paris for the flag hoisting ceremony tomm. morning followed by the lovely breakfast with Laddus, dhoklas, samosas, chai... and meeting many people of Indian origin there.
Shhh, it says 60 years now! :p: (I'm supposed to be good at Maths )
Samosa! I love samosa...in fact...I make amazing samosas...if anyone happens to be anywhere around London...(central london) I'd give you some nice home-made samosa

Special GOOD LUCK post for all those who are waiting for their results soon ;grouphugs;
:hugs: thank you!! I'll be back here on thursday crying my eyes out

Wuaw, I had friends there but everyone moved back to the states. Btw, where are you now??

Have fun. Hope u'll find a place in this world to salute for the Indian flag tomm
Surely open if it were meant to be open would be spelt kholo?
kolo5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Hahaha nono Kolo is the name of one of my favourite footballers! And I'm going out to Wembley tomorrow to celebrate...are you doing anything in France?

Hello!
I'm going out tomorrow...not particularly for Independance (primarily because it's the day before results! ) however, I'll walk around with the pride in knowing that we've been free for 60 years!
Heya, nice to meet you, my name's Sanjay

And I've got my results on thurs too, for A2, which I'm really nervous about! Good luck!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by kolo5)
Haha yeah there are quite a few Gujuratis there, though then again most British Indians are (not me though!) Whereabouts you gonna be? I'll be at a restaurant in the evening (methinks...)

HOPEFULLY economics at Warwick if all goes to plan! What ASs did you do?
It's too l8 mate you need to search for sugar in the Wembley stadium :eek: Seems she left till thursday now. lol !

wuaw, Economics is one of my interesting subjects and tht too you India is a good place to do research in this field

See you guys tomm. evening. Nighty !!!
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kolo5)
Haha yeah there are quite a few Gujuratis there, though then again most British Indians are (not me though!) Whereabouts you gonna be? I'll be at a restaurant in the evening (methinks...)

HOPEFULLY economics at Warwick if all goes to plan! What ASs did you do?
Ahh, I'm not going to Wembley...*sigh*
Oh, you're not Brit asian? If you don't mind me asking, what are you? :p:
I'm doing French, Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics all to A2 level. I've done Maths and French A Level this year, I'm finishing the other three next year in normal time! I want to do Economics at uni too! I shall be applying this year, hopefully it all goes well!

It's too l8 mate you need to search for sugar in the Wembley stadium :eek: Seems she left till thursday now. lol !

wuaw, Economics is one of my interesting subjects and tht too you India is a good place to do research in this field

See you guys tomm. evening. Nighty !!!
Yes economics is an amazing subject ;yes; I love it!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
I'm doing French, Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics all to A2 level. I've done Maths and French A Level this year, I'm finishing the other three next year in normal time! I want to do Economics at uni too! I shall be applying this year, hopefully it all goes well!

omg !! Parlez-vous français Madamoiselle Sucre???

Today morning I was there to the Indian embassy and there was Manisha koirala also who came over to attend the flag hoisting ceremony
Ummm... as usual had the Papdi sweets, Samosas and dhoklas and there was a small music concert there were around 500 Indians around. That was great to see so many people gathering to celebrate abroad.

How about in UK? In US heard that people gather in even more numbers.
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
omg !! Parlez-vous français Madamoiselle Sucre???

Today morning I was there to the Indian embassy and there was Manisha koirala also who came over to attend the flag hoisting ceremony
Ummm... as usual had the Papdi sweets, Samosas and dhoklas and there was a small music concert there were around 500 Indians around. That was great to see so many people gathering to celebrate abroad.

How about in UK? In US heard that people gather in even more numbers.
BIEN SUR!!! J'adore le français!!! Je le parle frequemment, mais je suis nul Bah, la culture française me fascine beaucoup et la langue...et les personnes...tout!

Eugh, I'm not fond of Manisha Koirala...she can't act! lol

Yep, loads of Indians gathered in london...and loads will be meeting up tonight, I know restaurants/clubs/bars that will be packed tonight, shame I'm not going!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
BIEN SUR!!! J'adore le français!!! Je le parle frequemment, mais je suis nul Bah, la culture française me fascine beaucoup et la langue...et les personnes...tout!

Eugh, I'm not fond of Manisha Koirala...she can't act! lol

Yep, loads of Indians gathered in london...and loads will be meeting up tonight, I know restaurants/clubs/bars that will be packed tonight, shame I'm not going!
woo, j'adore Paris. La ville de mes rêves. pourqoui t'es nul quand tu parles bien??? hahaha...

There is going to be Bally sagoo night in Paris soon in October.

aww, :knuddel: soon you can have a great time soon after you get your results
Zoob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:coma:

i think i had too much paneer today
kolo5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Oooops sorry you must have misunderstood me! I am British Asian, but not Gujurati - I'm from Delhi and UP (and a bit punjabi)

That's a HEAVY workload you've got there! Wow you should have no problem getting into LSE/Oxbridge if you do well enough in your A Levels! Good luck! And yep, econ is amazing

Good luck for all those awaiting results, and I hope everyone had an enjoyable and proud independence day!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zoob)
:coma:

i think i had too much paneer today
and so what's the result? you didn't thank us after we wished u on ur b'day so you were punished :p: Hope you are having some relief by now Btw, Beware of paneer.

(Original post by kolo5)
Good luck for all those awaiting results, and I hope everyone had an enjoyable and proud independence day!
Where did you disappear on Independance day? :eek:

You were also busy in an Indian restaurant like Zoobiee I think

How was the evening at WEMblé???
kolo5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Where did you disappear on Independance day? :eek:

You were also busy in an Indian restaurant like Zoobiee I think

How was the evening at WEMblé???
Was good actually! And you're right, I spent the day with my grandparents and family, then went to a restaurant in the evening, and then went to an Indian bar afterwards so it was all good! Then I came home, fell asleep at 3.30, woke up at 6! I was so nervous about my exam results...so then I watched Rush Hour 3 online to distract myself, then checked UCAS online, and found it the university had accepted me! And finally I went and collected my results from school, so it's all good
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kolo5)
Oooops sorry you must have misunderstood me! I am British Asian, but not Gujurati - I'm from Delhi and UP (and a bit punjabi)

That's a HEAVY workload you've got there! Wow you should have no problem getting into LSE/Oxbridge if you do well enough in your A Levels! Good luck! And yep, econ is amazing

Hahah, I didn't do too well in my results!!!
I got 2 As at A2 Level and 5 As at AS level!!! Well, that's okay, but the one subject I want to do (Economics) I got a B in one of the modules!!! I know that sounds petty but I'm really upset...ah well!

woo, j'adore Paris. La ville de mes rêves. pourqoui t'es nul quand tu parles bien??? hahaha...

There is going to be Bally sagoo night in Paris soon in October.

aww, :knuddel: soon you can have a great time soon after you get your results
Aww, Paris, je l'adore...mais la france est la pays de mes reves!!
Baaah, c'est nul!! Je suis nul!!!
My results...hmmm...
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Hahah, I didn't do too well in my results!!!
I got 2 As at A2 Level and 5 As at AS level!!! Well, that's okay, but the one subject I want to do (Economics) I got a B in one of the modules!!! I know that sounds petty but I'm really upset...ah well!
My results...hmmm...
awww, dunn be upset. Tht's one of the ups and downs in life. That's just a lesson to fly more higher. yayy, cheer up mate !!! Congrats for all the A's.

(Original post by kolo5)
Was good actually! And you're right, I spent the day with my grandparents and family, then went to a restaurant in the evening, and then went to an Indian bar afterwards so it was all good! Then I came home, fell asleep at 3.30, woke up at 6! I was so nervous about my exam results...so then I watched Rush Hour 3 online to distract myself, then checked UCAS online, and found it the university had accepted me! And finally I went and collected my results from school, so it's all good
Well done and Congrats Mr. Future Economist So wot plans now after the results? Plannin for a small vacation?
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
awww, dunn be upset. Tht's one of the ups and downs in life. That's just a lesson to fly more higher. yayy, cheer up mate !!! Congrats for all the A's.
Hahah, I'm cheering up now!!
I've just realised that getting those results isn't half as bad!lol
Some people would kill me for being disappointed...ahh well...I just set myself to high boundaries!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (130)
46.43%
Pro-humanity (150)
53.57%

Watched Threads