Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Friends Group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello people, I'm also indian :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm British Indian, but I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    MERA BHARAT MAHAN !!!
    :dito:

My parents are from New Dehli

And Im British Indian, but believe me im 100% indian within :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Dosth I really miss Indian community in UK. Haven't ever been there but, heard it's really great especially in London. Planning to visit there coming August. Hope i would be having great time. Are there any Punjabi Dhabas around?
    Janmashtami is long way to go right? In August... Here in Paris we have a huge procession every year for about 10 kms. That's very funny lol ! watching all the french and many other Europeans dancing to Hare Krishna Bhajans
    btw, where are you from in India?
    Hey dude, I myself was born in london, but my mum is from delhi and dad is from uttar pradesh. Yep janmasthami is around august time, Should be a lot of fun. Punjabi Dhabas. Srry my hindi is poor, is dhabas=buckets.

ReputationRep:
    Hola mujeres!!!

can i join?? soy indigeous de la ciudad en los Andes y no puedo escibar muchos ingles este noche!!

mi gusta mucho India!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey that's great to see many British Indians in our group. Have you ever been to India and how were your experiences in that new world? lol !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    Hola mujeres!!!

can i join?? soy indigeous de la ciudad en los Andes y no puedo escibar muchos ingles este noche!!

mi gusta mucho India!!!
    Holàà, Como estas? muchas graçias, pour gusta muicho India
    Yep, you can add our title name to your Sig.(if you want you can add it in Spanish :p: )
    So friends, we can now officialy start adding members to our thread. Please add our (Member Indian Friends Group) group name to your sigs.

ReputationRep:
    Wah bhai wah, kamaal kar diya.

I'm from Nayi Dilli...meri jaan yaar, kya bataoon.

Exam-shegzaam mujhe dararahein hain yaar. Chalo, phirbhi, desi hoon main...aur hum hindustani log kabhi peechay nahin jhuktay!

Curry4life.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Anyone here interested to know more about Indian culture, religion, cuisine, yoga, bollywood and anything else about India? we can have some discussions in this thread
    my girl friend is Indian...Sikh infact (not praticing thou)

Well, she was born in England, so technically she is British, but both her parents are from India, and they now live in the UK...

Im not Indian, her mum doesnt mind, but her Dad doesnt kno..

We have been together for 6 months now

i love her so much

_Cr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crunchie)
    my girl friend is Indian...Sikh infact (not praticing thou)

Well, she was born in England, so technically she is British, but both her parents are from India, and they now live in the UK...

Im not Indian, her mum doesnt mind, but her Dad doesnt kno..

We have been together for 6 months now

i love her so much

_Cr
    Wuaaw ! Crunchie, You are into a real life Bollywood story. Everything will go fine All the best for your Love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aniguchisan)
    Wah bhai wah, kamaal kar diya.

I'm from Nayi Dilli...meri jaan yaar, kya bataoon.

Exam-shegzaam mujhe dararahein hain yaar. Chalo, phirbhi, desi hoon main...aur hum hindustani log kabhi peechay nahin jhuktay!

Curry4life.
    Hehehe... Arey Bhai, nice to know you in TSR. Hope you would contribute your best to this group.

ReputationRep:
    Hello (Namaste!)

I'm English but recently I've become really interested in Indian culture so I was wondering if I could join?

I went to India a couple of months ago. I saw Delhi and Jaipur and Chandigarh as well as some places in the lower Himalaya area like Shimla and Kuffri. I also stayed in the Punjab area and saw Jalhandar briefly and spent a night in a small village. Oh and I saw the Golden Temple in Amritsar. The whole trip was amazing and I would have stayed longer but really it was getting too hot. The day I went to Jaipur it was already over 40 degrees.

I really like Indian food but because it was so hot when I was there I didn't really eat much which was too heavy. I just normally had dal (I hope that's how you spell it) and chapatis and yoghurt.

It was really great there and hopefully I'll have the chance to go back fairly soon. Next time I'll probably go around December so that it's not getting too hot.

Anyway this is a bohot acha idea for a thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Hello (Namaste!)

I'm English but recently I've become really interested in Indian culture so I was wondering if I could join?

I went to India a couple of months ago. I saw Delhi and Jaipur and Chandigarh as well as some places in the lower Himalaya area like Shimla and Kuffri. I also stayed in the Punjab area and saw Jalhandar briefly and spent a night in a small village. Oh and I saw the Golden Temple in Amritsar. The whole trip was amazing and I would have stayed longer but really it was getting too hot. The day I went to Jaipur it was already over 40 degrees.

I really like Indian food but because it was so hot when I was there I didn't really eat much which was too heavy. I just normally had dal (I hope that's how you spell it) and chapatis and yoghurt.

It was really great there and hopefully I'll have the chance to go back fairly soon. Next time I'll probably go around December so that it's not getting too hot.

Anyway this is a bohot acha idea for a thread!
    Namasthe !
    You are most welcome to join our group Please add it to your Sig. Glad that you had wonderful memories of India. This time it would be better if you can visit South India. It's entirely different world compared to North. December would be a good time to visit. Even i am planning to visit India for Christmas and New year. By chance, if you are visiting Hyderabad or Madras hope to see you there It would be great if you can post some beautiful pics from your trip. You have almost many of the beautiful places in the North.

hahaha... hope you had a tough time with the spicy food but would have enjoyed it finally. Even i invite some friends to the Indian restaurants and they almost have tears in their eyes but still they say it's tasty :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nice thread! good to see all the asians together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalHuny)
    Nice thread! good to see all the asians together.
    Thank you. Where do you come from? This thread is not only for Asians Anyone can join us. Would you like to become a member?

ReputationRep:
    Namasthe !
    You are most welcome to join our group Please add it to your Sig. Glad that you had wonderful memories of India. This time it would be better if you can visit South India. It's entirely different world compared to North. December would be a good time to visit. Even i am planning to visit India for Christmas and New year. By chance, if you are visiting Hyderabad or Madras hope to see you there It would be great if you can post some beautiful pics from your trip. You have almost many of the beautiful places in the North.

hahaha... hope you had a tough time with the spicy food but would have enjoyed it finally. Even i invite some friends to the Indian restaurants and they almost have tears in their eyes but still they say it's tasty :p:
    Here is one photo - unfortunately it's of me and not actually India. I will put some of my other ones online when I get a moment. I have some great ones of the Golden Temple. [The reason I have red paint on my face is because it was Holi!]

Edit: It's in a Sikh Temple in Delhi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vishpatel)
    india zindabad!!
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    englishstudent- You're hindi is great! :-D

ReputationRep:
    I like India. Got family in South India (Chennai). Visit them every year.
    My family's from Sri Lanka, btw. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    englishstudent- You're hindi is great! :-D
    Shukriya. :cool:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.