The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
AtSnIaB-42

So if you've got any good ideas on where to go while im over in India all the suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi friend,
I am about to leave now. But get back to you soon with some good ideas. Anyone in our group who can guide about the places in the North? I can guide about Southern India but never been to the North as it is too faar. lol ! It would be appreciating if any of us can come forward :wink:
We can have some funny but serious designations also in our group. So, now we need a Mr.North India guide and also our Pakistan friends Janealams and Adil bhai. Hope you are willing to be our Pakistan guides. Please mention some really beatutiful places to visit in Pakistan. :smile:
Abhinaya
Hi friend,
I am about to leave now. But get back to you soon with some good ideas. Anyone in our group who can guide about the places in the North? I can guide about Southern India but never been to the North as it is too faar. lol ! It would be appreciating if any of us can come forward :wink:
We can have some funny but serious designations also in our group. So, now we need a Mr.North India guide and also our Pakistan friends Janealams and Adil bhai. Hope you are willing to be our Pakistan guides. Please mention some really beatutiful places to visit in Pakistan. :smile:

I'll look forward to hearing from you all.
Reply 462
Abhinaya
Such a great explanation :smile: Thanks a lot Janealams. I am fine thanks and how about you? I personally congratulate for the time and patience writing about many facts that we are not aware of. I feel atleast we as responsible citizens, can't wait till both the countries get into good realation. It's better atleast we form up groups like this though small but, the strongest ones. Gather lots and lots of friends exchange our views and understand what's happening on both sides. One day soon is ahead of us to celebrate together :biggrin:
I wish to see you soon in IIMA. Keep writing more. Your contributions are more precious for us. Also, It would be very interesting if you can explain something about your culture.

well im not going to IIM that was just a view thinking that we should open each n every way of people to people contact.
ya we should get together n erase all misperceptions if we today will live n work together understand eachother n respect everyones views then it wont be difficult were generations to come the enviorment overseas is remarkable but it got to be the same in both countries as i said b4 i would love to be in India just waiting for the opportunity btw any places u would recommend i would love to visit Agra, Delhi, Patiala coz of the history of the city anyother places?
well abt culture ask me anything u wanna know.
Lahori food its renowned everywhere the Lahori food u know:biggrin:
when indian team was here they loved the food they went to a popular food street here few of my friends met Saurav there.
we do have almost same culture it cant be 100% same i mean there r differences b/w cities then these r two nations but right from the Mughal era to British rule alot of things have inspired daily lives n things r pretty much the same even today.
Particularly in Punjab both PUnjabs still have almost everything in common we do have alot of SIkh Yatris every year visiting their sacred places in Pakistan.
n i guess that could be the best way to interact.
ppl here in Pakistan love indian movies though i personally feel standards have gone down dramtically in the last decade i hardly see a quality indian movie these days but ppl still love indian film stars Shahrukh is as popular here as in India.
Pakistani pop industry is doing alot more than Indian n coz of the current peace process now they too have a huge market in the neighbouring country so it good u know.
btw do u listen to any Pakistani artist do u like rock music?
Reply 463
Abhinaya
Hi friend,

well plenty of places to visit like muree about 1 hour by car from the Capital Islamabad its a hill station.
Then we have a place call Nathia Gali where clouds walk alongside u:biggrin:
then the mountains of Kalam n glaciers there its a beautiful place its so quiet place n perfect for honeymoon if anyone cant afford likes of swizerland:biggrin:
Lahore itself sa u know one of the most visited place of South Asia coz of its history n historical places to visit in the city when Urmila was here last time she was very excited visting the Lahore Fort.
IN the north east there is a city of Swat plenty of places to visit within the city it can get as high as u want i mean theres enough to do there.
alot of other places i wish things will get to such a peaceful situation that we can actualy visit eachothers places n be at the tourist spots every now n then.
N if u really wanna enjoy life go to K2 i never took that risk i hope i will one day :smile:
Reply 464
Yea sure,

I was born in the UK but my family is originally from Advana. I'm Rajyaguru (Bardai Brahmin). I'm studying A Level Maths, Further Maths, Physics, French an Business Studies.

I got 10 A grades at GCSE and hopefully I will get into Oxford to do Engineering, Economics and Management. I enjoy cricket and making money :biggrin:

Abhinaya
Hi Mr. Gentleman :wink:
Welcome to Indian Friends group and where do you come from? Could you please introduce yourself to our group? :wink:
Reply 465
For the logo, we could try something a little less monumental than the Taj...

I know the picture of the Lion of Sarnath is a little drab and lifeless, but it's the kind of thing they're likely to approve.

Plus the motto 'Satyameva Jayate' is particularly suitable (well, perhaps not, but it's worth a shot :smile:).

We could also just try the Indian flag (a little predictabl perhaps), or the "Aum" symbol (but that's slightly dicsriminative against non-Hindus, or those who write in non-Devanagari script), or perhaps even the chakra (like on the flag).

Any other suggestions? :smile:
Reply 466
henryt
For the logo, we could try something a little less monumental than the Taj...
Any other suggestions? :smile:

I am not sure if we can use the Indian Emblem which is very official. So, any other ideas? How about our National Animal(Tiger) or the National bird(Peacock) or any monuments. Taj is a good idea isn't it? when we compare with any other monuments?
Reply 467
Hi Friends,
It's long time that there's a post. Hope to see you all back in form. How is your Weekend going?
I was there to the Paris Airshow yesterday. It was amazing. There were around 100,000 people who visited on Friday and AirBus A380 was the main attraction. There was also Indian Gallery at the fair and one Indian helicopter called Dhruv and another Indian plane called IJT were also performing feats during the Airshow and the people working in the gallery were so friendly.
Reply 468
I love indian cooking! But it's not very popular in Italy, but I'm going to cook a curry today! I can't get it to taste right just using that yellow curry powder, I need those curry pastes you can buy ready made in the UK. So I got my mum to buy some at an asia store to give to my dad, who then took them on a trip all over Europe before finally visiting me and giving them to me - but now I have curry paste! Masala and some other flavour I've never heard of before. I'd try and bake my own nans, only it's impossible to get hold of black onion seed here :frown: - never mind that special butter you need to make nans with!
Oh well, lol, I'm just looking forward to cooking a curry :biggrin:
Hi friend,
I am about to leave now. But get back to you soon with some good ideas. Anyone in our group who can guide about the places in the North? I can guide about Southern India but never been to the North as it is too faar. lol ! It would be appreciating if any of us can come forward
We can have some funny but serious designations also in our group. So, now we need a Mr.North India guide and also our Pakistan friends Janealams and Adil bhai. Hope you are willing to be our Pakistan guides. Please mention some really beatutiful places to visit in Pakistan.

hey.. well im from kashmir which i think people will agree is the best place in all of north india to visit :biggrin: Although u very often hear of it a lot in da news due to all the 'terrorist activites' but in the recent years tourism's improved a lot there and it really isnt as scary as it looks!!
I can tell u more about the places u can visit and stuff if ur intrested....umm btw i wud like to join dis group too can i :smile:
Reply 470
BTW, what is New Delhi and the surrounding area like? My uncle and his family live there now and if I can ever afford the flight I would like to visit them (I have not inquired how much the flight would cost, but I'm sure it's really expensive). I'm sure it would be a great experience to visit India (and not with one of those stupid package holiday things, I hate package holidays)
Adarah
BTW, what is New Delhi and the surrounding area like? My uncle and his family live there now and if I can ever afford the flight I would like to visit them (I have not inquired how much the flight would cost, but I'm sure it's really expensive). I'm sure it would be a great experience to visit India (and not with one of those stupid package holiday things, I hate package holidays)

India is ace i went there last summer to do some comunity work and treking somewhere up north. we had to get expensive flights cus of some silly regulation and that cost £800 - which u should be able to get a lot cheaper therefore i would go for it
Reply 472
specialhelen
India is ace i went there last summer to do some comunity work and treking somewhere up north. we had to get expensive flights cus of some silly regulation and that cost £800 - which u should be able to get a lot cheaper therefore i would go for it

800 pounds! :eek: - yeah, I hope I can find something cheaper... thanks for the reply Helen :smile:
its k like i said that was like months in advance - most expensive it could ever be!!! - i am sure there is loads cheaper options - u could leave tomorrow no stops with vergin atlantic for £480 - just googled it out of interest to see how much over the top i paid

340 including taxes is the cheapest i can see
Reply 474
specialhelen
its k like i said that was like months in advance - most expensive it could ever be!!! - i am sure there is loads cheaper options - u could leave tomorrow no stops with vergin atlantic for £480 - just googled it out of interest to see how much over the top i paid

340 including taxes is the cheapest i can see

wow, thanks :smile: ! I guess 400 pounds isn't too bad, I mean, it is a long flight!
I think I'll go and start cooking that curry now.... :biggrin:
Reply 475
mysterious_grl
hey.. well im from kashmir which i think people will agree is the best place in all of north india to visit :biggrin: Although u very often hear of it a lot in da news due to all the 'terrorist activites' but in the recent years tourism's improved a lot there and it really isnt as scary as it looks!!
I can tell u more about the places u can visit and stuff if ur intrested....umm btw i wud like to join dis group too can i :smile:

U cannot call it the "terrorist activities" its a freedom struggle for a land which is their it was never of those people who r ruling there n have killed thousands of inocents so far... sorry abhinaya but i cannot take it wat this guy said.
The muslim population of Jammu n Kashmir has been marooned.
i just dont wanna get into this discussion coz i know it will lead to arguements but its a Freedom Struggle terrorism is wat indian army is doing there.
ok firstly im a girl :cool: ..secondly dont u c i put terrorist activity in qoutes :mad: ..because thats what people think it is.dont u think i know best abt innocent people dying? I just got news that another cousin of mine wz shot dead, for no particular reason.he has 3 little kids and was barely 35!these kind of incidents have become a regular in kashmir and yes i agree with u on dis and no offence to any indians here it is the indian army who does it.they carry off innocent children, rape women and kill men and then accuse the so called kashmiri 'terrorists' for it.Sadly the freedom struggle as u say isnt doing much good for the kashmiris themselves.anyway i also dont wnna start dis debate in here because it is a neverending argument.
Reply 477
mysterious_grl
ok firstly im a girl :cool: ..secondly dont u c i put terrorist activity in qoutes :mad: ..because thats what people think it is.dont u think i know best abt innocent people dying? I just got news that another cousin of mine wz shot dead, for no particular reason.he has 3 little kids and was barely 35!these kind of incidents have become a regular in kashmir and yes i agree with u on dis and no offence to any indians here it is the indian army who does it.they carry off innocent children, rape women and kill men and then accuse the so called kashmiri 'terrorists' for it.Sadly the freedom struggle as u say isnt doing much good for the kashmiris themselves.anyway i also dont wnna start dis debate in here because it is a neverending argument.

There are many such incidents happening around the world. Haven't you heard of U.S army's behavior in Iraq? It's always 2 sides of a coin. Good and Bad. We can't blame the entire army for such incidents. There are also great armed personnel who sacrifice their lives in the defense forces. Anyways, no more comments as this would become a never ending debate. It's a good issue that you pointed out.
hmmm..so anyway can i join :confused:
Reply 479
mysterious_grl
hmmm..so anyway can i join :confused:

yep ! you are most welcome to join our group :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending