Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    I'm not sure, but wasn't her father killed in a similar fashion?
    And as for change...that's what Bhutto was about, but evidently people didn't want change. All this will do is prolong the elections :rolleyes: Great way to solve political issues...violence!
    Her father was executed, her father did great things for Pakistan if it was not for him Pakistan today would not be a nuclear country otherwise don't you think Pakistan would have been bombed long time ago

ReputationRep:
    this is terrible for the PPP.

and the whole country actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooligan)
    Her father was executed, her father did great things for Pakistan if it was not for him Pakistan today would not be a nuclear country otherwise don't you think Pakistan would have been bombed long time ago
    At first it was issues with the Middle East and Iran/Iraq...now Pakistan is becoming unstable. I'd love to see what Bush/Rice come up with next, to try and solve this issue!...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well according to some security analysts(news) they are saying that if she did come to power in Pakistan it would have proved fatal for them, so it could be suggested that they took her out themselves.
    Would it have?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    At first it was issues with the Middle East and Iran/Iraq...now Pakistan is becoming unstable. I'd love to see what Bush/Rice come up with next, to try and solve this issue!...:rolleyes:
    Thats exactly what I am looking forward to,:confused: , and what they will say now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoob)
    :hugs:
    :love:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Would it have?
    I dont know ? but that is according to security analysts not me.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    lol...you two are fighting again :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly what I am looking forward to,:confused: , and what they will say now?
    Haha, if they try some sort of rescue plan, the US are going to end up in even deeper *ahem* waters.
    Would it have?
    As great as Bhutto was in terms of feminism, I really don't think she was trustworthy enough to run the country. Yet, the issue was they're all untrustworthy (as all politicians are) but which one is the least bad!
    (Original post by Zoob)
    lol...you two are fighting again :p:
    Haha, it's all your fault Zoobie!
    (but I love you really :yep:)

ReputationRep:
    I dont know ? but that is according to security analysts not me.
    Your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    As great as Bhutto was in terms of feminism, I really don't think she was trustworthy enough to run the country. Yet, the issue was they're all untrustowrthy (as all politicians are) but which one is the least bad!
    Did she support U.S. foreign policy?

ReputationRep:
    Your opinion?
    Its possible she was their number one threat,who know now really:confused: ?

ReputationRep:
    Did she support U.S. foreign policy?
    She did at one point show support for the US which, in a country full of anit-americanists, is not such a good idea ;no;

ReputationRep:
    She did at one point show support for the US which, in a country full of anit-americanists, is not such a good idea ;no;
    Not a very good idea at all, not that the idea would've been any wiser in any other country.

I can't imagine someone backing U.S. foreign policy when only their neighbouring country were **** up the ass by the U.S. Just look at Afghanistan now.

Infact, I can't imagine any Muslim supporting U.S. foreign policy.

It's unimaginable, unthinkable and down-right insane.

ReputationRep:
    She was fully supported by US - and hence her return and pact with Mussaraf. Very volatile situation for Pakistan and hence for India too.

ReputationRep:
    Not a very good idea at all, not that the idea would've been any wiser in any other country.

I can't imagine someone backing U.S. foreign policy when only their neighbouring country were **** up the ass by the U.S. Just look at Afghanistan now.

But do you know why she supported US policy to some extent?

ReputationRep:

Why do you think a lot of the people in Pakistan were angered? Why was she exiled and then riots occured when she returned? That's pretty much why
    Pakistan have always had better links with the US than any other country in that area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rnshan)
    She was fully supported by US - and hence her return and pact with Mussaraf. Very volatile situation for Pakistan and hence for India too.
    Hmmm, the stability of Pakistan is important for India, but I don't think it matters that much...unless something major happens.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - I meant stability in Pakistan - if not just imagine all the nuclear arms in wrong hands.!!

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.