Indian Friends Group Watch

This discussion is closed.
mysterious_grl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
umm..i askd dis before..hw do i join..sorry im new here ..i tried thru group memberships in user cp but it isnt listed der
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by mysterious_grl)
umm..i askd dis before..hw do i join..sorry im new here ..i tried thru group memberships in user cp but it isnt listed der
The list of official societies is still under process. So, still our society is not yet added to the list. Meanwhile, you may just add "Honorable member of Indian Friends group" to your Signature like most of us have it under our posts.
AtSnIaB-42
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sorry i've been away. will be back soon when the exams have finsihed. i ain't forgot about you all!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by AtSnIaB-42)
sorry i've been away. will be back soon when the exams have finsihed. i ain't forgot about you all!
All the best for your exams and also other group members.
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Abhinaya)
The list of official societies is still under process. So, still our society is not yet added to the list. Meanwhile, you may just add "Honorable member of Indian Friends group" to your Signature like most of us have it under our posts.
isnt it possible to pm a mod to get it done quick - i wanna have another indian flag next to my name . Thats if the society is gonna have the india flag as its symbol :rolleyes:

too keep the thread goin...
whats everyones favourite indian dish ( snack or main course , north indian or sounth indian - any dish ! )
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by sumitk87)
isnt it possible to pm a mod to get it done quick - i wanna have another indian flag next to my name . Thats if the society is gonna have the india flag as its symbol :rolleyes:

too keep the thread goin...
whats everyones favourite indian dish ( snack or main course , north indian or sounth indian - any dish ! )
I've already posted about this issue to the Societies thread Sumit. They gave me the following reference http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...74&postcount=1 that they are not going to add any new societies or Logos until the site is upgraded. So we have to be patient until we get the green signal.

You are right... we have to keep the thread going. Even i find it strange maybe coz of exams everyone is busy with their preperation.
Hmm.. ma favourite dish it's Chappatis or Naans with Chicken side dishes you haven't mentioned yours?
sumitk87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm.. ma favourite dish it's Chappatis or Naans with Chicken side dishes you haven't mentioned yours?
i like it all but i esp like any snacks - all that masala and spicy-ness
golgapas , bhels , chaats - all so finger licking gd
jr2007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
gotta be good old dahl, bhat, shack and rotli

Pure vege, no meat!!
mysterious_grl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:ditto:

I also like dal makhani,butter chicken and some kashmiri dishes yakhnee,rogan josh,goshtaba...
what_apples
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree! I got hooked on golgapas when I wenbt to India...

I found a place in Manchetser which does Papri chaat and DOSA! OMG they are so nice!

Along with that I quite enjoy the stuff I make

I can just about manage chapaptis now but usually stick to rice along with a firey chicken/lamb curry. I also make (and love) a nice bit of tandoori chiken.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by what_apples)
I agree! I got hooked on golgapas when I wenbt to India...
I found a place in Manchetser which does Papri chaat and DOSA! OMG they are so nice!
Along with that I quite enjoy the stuff I make
I can just about manage chapaptis now but usually stick to rice along with a firey chicken/lamb curry. I also make (and love) a nice bit of tandoori chiken.
Ahh, that's really nice Are you basically from India? Which place is it in Manchester? i'd also love to visit that place.
Lol ! Chappatis take a lot of time to prepare but within no time we finish eating them. That's the reason why i mostly go for rice. Put it 20 mins in the micro wave and work is done.
what_apples
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ahh, that's really nice Are you basically from India? Which place is it in Manchester? i'd also love to visit that place.
Lol ! Chappatis take a lot of time to prepare but within no time we finish eating them. That's the reason why i mostly go for rice. Put it 20 mins in the micro oven and work is done.
Well my parents are from india. I was born and raised in (various parts of) this country. If you know manchester, I guess you know "the curry mile" on wilmslow road. There is a place on there called the punjab - thats the place to go if you fancy a dosa nad some papri chaat... MMMMMmm

I have never made rice in a microwave... i am guessing you add the "correct" ammount of water and keep it covered and just let it cook?
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by what_apples)
Well my parents are from india. I was born and raised in (various parts of) this country. If you know manchester, I guess you know "the curry mile" on wilmslow road. There is a place on there called the punjab - thats the place to go if you fancy a dosa nad some papri chaat... MMMMMmm
I have never made rice in a microwave... i am guessing you add the "correct" ammount of water and keep it covered and just let it cook?

I dunno much about Manchester but planning to visit this August to meet some friends over there. I've already heard about Wilmslow road that it's famous for Indian Restos.
Hmm.. To prepare rice in the microwave, I exactly add double the quantity of water to the rice and it shouldn't be covered. You can just leave it open. Always it's preferable to cook in a pressure cooker if you have one. lol !
magnum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
woohoo, count me in!

im hindu gujarati!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by magnum)
woohoo, count me in!

im hindu gujarati!
Woohooo, *Red carpet welcome to magnum* Do you live in UK? Introduce yourself please.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
For people who want to know in brief about Hinduism. I decided to enclose some useful information about the religion and it's beliefs. Hope it would be interesting for the readers. You are most welcome to post your messages if you are having more information regarding Hinduism.

Exploring Hinduism-1

Hinduism is the considered to be the mother of all religions and it is association between self (Human being) consciousness and supreme (God the supreme power) consciousness.
The Ultimate aim of Hinduism is to discover the Truth. It is mentioned in the Hindu scriptures that “Truth is one and Paths are many”. It contains the entire system of Yoga, of meditation and of Self Realization which can provide a clear insight of the inner bodies of a Human being, the subtle pranas and charkas that are present within the body or the psychic centres within the nervous system. Hinduism can be called a scientific religion as it can prove all the beliefs behind this religion scientifically.
Hinduism is a path to discover about the inner self consciousness by questioning to myself and to know the meaning of Who am ‘I’? Yes, that’s true. Knowing about me develops open-mindedness to know everything that I want to know about life. The ways to achieve this are when I can be with a mind set that “I know nothing” develops interest and willingness to gain more and more knowledge”. Knowledge is never ending and life is always a learning process. So, work hard until the vision in life is fulfilled. This life is there to do something useful and to be helpful for others.
Hinduism gave birth to Buddhism, as Buddha was born and died as a good Hindu and also some other religions such as Jainism and Sikhism.

to be continued in the next post... [Exploring Hinduism-2]
PennyRoyalTea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
come on people , keep this thread active...
sumitk87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
incentive to continue this thread ............... next perosn to post will be the 500th post in this thread

ive now seen little carts selling indian roadside snack ( like bhels, chaats, gol-gapas etc) in this country :eek:

shocking, becoming liek INDIA
dpali
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yippeeee I'm the 500th poster :tsr: :cheers:

ive now seen little carts selling indian roadside snack ( like bhels, chaats, gol-gapas etc) in this country :eek:

shocking, becoming liek INDIA
That's good to hear..! Nothing beats street food in India! Ofcourse, the level of hygiene is questionable :rolleyes: but somehow, the trashier the place, the better the food :eek:
SACHIN_ROCKS
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
VANDE MATRAM
Hi Iam an Indian and belong to city of Nawabs Lucknow. Coming to Birmingham this september
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads