Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, how you doing?
    im an indian born in the uk my parents are from Bombay, but iv only been once when i was 3.
    but we might be going later this year so i cant wait. im going to be starting uni in september at Kingston or UCL (London Baby,its got to be done) im going to do Construction Management (Coldflame81 looks like we are going to be doing the same subject, so we can help each other out you get me lol)
    anywayz people great Society, so what do i need to do to join?
    take care speak soon bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    ahh, you've already tasted these Indian Fast foods Phil23?
    nah...my mum is a pro at indian cuisines - makes lots of nice curries and indian stuff - wish i was that talented!

ReputationRep:
    hi all
    any of you interested in Cricket :rolleyes: , well i think most of you probably are (being Indian )
    what do u think of the new squad for the triangular series
    Dravid capt and even if ganguly returns (if he is successul in his match ban appeal :rolleyes: ) he will play as a normal player :eek:
    no tendulkar , no ganguly hmm... maybe this is just what the indian side needed!

ReputationRep:
    you all are making me hungry !!!

ReputationRep:
    hmm dont really follow cricket but like most lol watch main india matches
    what no tendulkar no ganguly:eek: !! arent they supposed to be really good how come there not in the squad?(are they too old) im shocked to say the least lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda pleased with their exclusions as neither is in any sort of form and they do not deserve special treatment!! Mind You Sourav is in gr8 form in English County Cricket so maybe he warrants a place but Sachin aint played for ages!!

ReputationRep:
    Dravid would make an excellent stand-in captain because of his reliability and the way he gets the team through difficult times during a match. However, Saurav Ganguly should definitely return as captain as he is the best India has seen recently. Agreed, his form is poor but the ICC ought to give him a chance and not just let him enter the team as the 16th player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    haha.... Southall , dunno if u kno where that is
    course i do, i'm not retarded, i am indian aren't i!?..its near heathrow right? I went there once , didn't like it though ,
    too many weird people -> too much staring ->just like india (i like india though )

ReputationRep:
    Oh this thread's surely alive and kicking :eviltongu

Where is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    well im right here, ive tried making convesation but where is everybody :confused:

have u all gone to india? how come i wasnt invited !

ReputationRep:
    I live in southall!!!!! BIG UP!!!

to Dude944...ur two options are kingdton or UCL? thats the biggest difference ive ever seen!

Last time i went india was 1998! I think its time to go again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE UNDERDOG)
    Last time i went india was 1998! I think its time to go again
    yea i agree lol

India has bn developing fast, you will be so amazzed and proud at indias development (not as fast as china but believe me it is developing)

only prob and thing i dont like is the fact that the rich are gettn richer and poor pooper ( ive studied economic development so i should kno that this happens but is meant to be short term - but i feel its gettn out of hand, the majority of india is still quite poor )

do u think india should continue urbanisation - they are losing culture due to this though !

Alot of india doesnt have electricity or a good suppy of water , but these villages manage fine with their trading and village life, Should they try to modernise what do u think ?

ReputationRep:
    maybe rather than trying to develop the cities they should put some money into rural re-generation??(or whatever its called)

ReputationRep:
    Modernisation of villages is necessary probably, coz nothing is permanent. People need to change as generations pass but, at the same time they should be conscious to keep up their culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    Modernisation of villages is necessary probably, coz nothing is permanent. People need to change as generations pass but, at the same time they should be conscious to keep up their culture.
    I think it's also fair to say that cultures change over time as well. Some things about keeping your culture are good, but there are usually plenty of bad things too. We need to improve our quality of life, but we also need to improve the way we think and open our minds to other ideas rather than clinging desperately to old ideas that are no longer useful.

Flame away people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    Alot of india doesnt have electricity or a good suppy of water , but these villages manage fine with their trading and village life
    No, they donot manage fine with their trading and village life. Electricity and a steady supply of clean water are essential to living so minus this and you're left with being deprived of your basic rights to live. Many of these villages are fraught with water-borne diseases leading to weaker generations. An unhealthy workforce will, ofcourse, yield lesser income.

Moreoever, trading doesnot provide rural India with enough income, perhaps because of unfair methods and a lack of proper utilisation of resources. The result being that they are unable to feed all members of their large famililes (large families being another result of poverty). This leads to an increasing severity of issues such as child marriages, child trafficking, prostitution and other crimes.

So yes, modernisation is necessary but this depends on what you mean by modernisation.

Firstly, villagers of all ages need to be educated in order to put an end to the above-mentioned issues. Education would also empower the girl child.

Secondly, since most of these villages yield their income from agricultural activites, proper methods that result in an efficient use of resources must be introduced.

This would be a way to modernise and thus leading to an improvement in the quality of life and an opening of minds while keeping the culture of India intact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpali)
    The result being that they are unable to feed all members of their large famililes (large families being another result of poverty). This leads to an increasing severity of issues such as child marriages, child trafficking, prostitution and other crimes.
    You are right. It's the major problem in the state Andhra Pradesh where i come from. Many cotton farmers commit suicides with their entire family giving poison even for the little kids. what a pity but, no one to listen to their problems and some poor families selling their minor children to other Arab countries thinking their children will be happy where there is money and poor children suffering a lot because of mental torchure away from parents in those unknown places.

No solution till now for such kind of problems and there is no other go for these uneducated parents to take a right decision. I want to do my best in the coming years to control these problems as soon as i am settled with a job.

I want to suggest even our Indian Friends group members to understand more about the problems in our country and to lead our country as great leaders. No need to spend our full time on these kind of things but any kind of help that we can would count a lot

ReputationRep:
    6 days no post.................

come on people, lets keep this thread alive

anyone got anything to say .........

ok heres somin ....... how do u like my sig - should i change it ?

ReputationRep:
    me slightly depressed by our loss in the cricket today...it ruined what was otherwise a good day for me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    me slightly depressed by our loss in the cricket today...it ruined what was otherwise a good day for me!!
    Me too Hope the best with West Indies. Even the Bombay rains and floods. That's terrible. Hope all our friends from Bombay are fine.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.