Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well say what dates are good and have a meet then

ill try n make the next meet

thanks nesh :hugs: :flowers:
    mood change? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well trying to get everyone to come is going to be slightly impossible...
    So whoever can meet, should, and perhaps another can be organised in another holiday.

Edit - yeh Zoobie, just had a lot to think about recently...and I'm just trying to figure what I want...it's so confusing

Night everyone :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    if ya need some1 to talk to..im here :hugs:
    tho i can never quite catch u msn

ReputationRep:
    I know
    How is everyone this morning? (or nearly afternoon?)

ReputationRep:
    yeah but there's no point having a meet if only 2 or 3 people show up :p:

how are you neshy? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)
    yeah but there's no point having a meet if only 2 or 3 people show up :p:

how are you neshy? :hugs:
    Uhm a little sleepy...didn't sleep well at all last night ;no;
    How are you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    awww :hugs:

im ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey IFG :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Hey sandhu :hugs:
    Sigh, I think I lost all my weird happy mood in one night...

ReputationRep:
    hello IFG

ReputationRep:
    Argh talk about lack of sleep; I spent the whole of yesterday afternoon sleeping instead of revising, then watched Dus Khaniyaan last night, one of which made me rather upset, and then didn't sleep well at all, and then woke up early and didn't do anything so now I'm really tired AND it's NYE tonight ARGH AND I've got revision to do ARGH :'(

Still, I made my signature Tarka Daal for lunch which came out nice and tasty

And Hi JazzP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolo5)
    Argh talk about lack of sleep; I spent the whole of yesterday afternoon sleeping instead of revising, then watched Dus Khaniyaan last night, one of which made me rather upset, and then didn't sleep well at all, and then woke up early and didn't do anything so now I'm really tired AND it's NYE tonight ARGH AND I've got revision to do ARGH :'(

Still, I made my signature Tarka Daal for lunch which came out nice and tasty

And Hi JazzP
    :yawn: I'm tired too...
    I watched Namastey London last night...and that in itself made me all teary...lol...and it wasn't even a sad story...but just hard-hitting...stupid life like Indian films!
    Hmmm Tarka Daal
    How are you my dear? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    :yawn: I'm tired too...
    I watched Namastey London last night...and that in itself made me all teary...lol...and it wasn't even a sad story...but just hard-hitting...stupid life like Indian films!
    Hmmm Tarka Daal
    How are you my dear? :hugs:

Heeeey, well, I'm not in the best of moods, and I shall be closing my computer any minute now to do some maths and macro revision but I'm looking forward to tonight, so it's all good I'm also gonna try and catch that bollywood dance competition on B4U music before I leave; I think it's on at 7? How are you doing???

I saw Namastey London, I quite liked it actually, not the best acting or anything, but I still enjoyed it, maybe a 7/10. Plus I love Rafta Rafta hehe

(Original post by Abhinaya)
    Hi Everyone,
    Loads of love to you all from India. Count down starts for the new year

Welcome to our new members Hooriya Qazal and JazzP.

wuaw JazzP, such a cute profile. You have to offer us some Dal for your marriage party All the best dude.
    Hey Krish! Woooow whereabouts in Bharat are you? I'm gonna edit my post to add some Hindi for you

It's been a while! I hope you're doing well, and have a WONDERFUL new year

नव वर्श की अधिक बधाई!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolo5)
    Heeeey, well, I'm not in the best of moods, and I shall be closing my computer any minute now to do some maths and macro revision but I'm looking forward to tonight, so it's all good I'm also gonna try and catch that bollywood dance competition on B4U music before I leave; I think it's on at 7? How are you doing???

I saw Namastey London, I quite liked it actually, not the best acting or anything, but I still enjoyed it, maybe a 7/10. Plus I love Rafta Rafta hehe

नव वर्श की अधिक बधाई!!!
    Yeh, I'm okay I suppose, how's your lyrics-situation going?
    I like the film, don't get me wrong, I just kept on getting really un-subtle looks from my mother sort of suggesting you'll end up like her one day, just you wait... And yeh, Rafta Rafta is amazing, expecially when you hear the SRGMP little champs singing it!! :eek:
    Love the Hindi

ReputationRep:
    hi kolo5

is tarka dahl like normal yellow dahl?

ReputationRep:
    Get some shut eye tired peeps! ;console;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S a n d h u)
    Get some shut eye tired peeps! ;console;
    :hugs:
    Easier said than done...especially when your mind is thinking about loads of things :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    hi ifg :flute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    Yeh, I'm okay I suppose, how's your lyrics-situation going?
    Hehehehe I think we'll save that for another place

(Original post by JazzP)
    hi kolo5

is tarka dahl like normal yellow dahl?

Hi mate,

Tarka daal is an orangey daal, made nice and creamy and slightly thick, with PLENTY of onions and garlic and chilli to give it a nice kick but maintain the creamy mellowness of the well-boiled daal.

Edit: Sorry about this, this is really picky and pedantic of me, but if you look at the actual hindi for it, दाल, then the word should be transliterated as 'daal' rather than 'dahl,' the latter having a different pronunciation in hindi (sorry :p:)

ReputationRep:
    when reading your posts i feel like such a bad indian, i havent heard of any of these movies/tv programmes and i dont eat indian food often

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.