Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Friends Group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Happy new year abhinaya - hello everyone

3 hours and 13 mins to go and the only thing we've got to look forward to is the london fireworks lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudrax)
    Happy new year abhinaya - hello everyone

3 hours and 13 mins to go and the only thing we've got to look forward to is the london fireworks lol
    I won't be doing anything! :getmecoat
    How are you?

ReputationRep:
    not bad - got a headache, i think i might have inhaled too much of the window cleaner fumes at work today. But i'm good - got my 4 year old newphew here today so just chillin with him. Loads of good food to look forward to (so far bhajia/samosa and mogo and waiting for the muttar paneer ). All in all not a bad new years compared to some

how r u?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I'm good thanks...I just read a horoscope/character traits thing...and it is surprisingly accurate! I don't usually see the logic behind those things, but it sort of describes me in a nutshell! How strange!

ReputationRep:
    LOL i'm amazed that all the women down stairs aren't pouring over horoscopes right now. They usually buy the annual one and read over everyone's and test the truth in each :confused: Indian women and horoscopes :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, I don't normally bother with them, they are usually rubbish. :rolleyes:
    But this was written about me when I was born...!

ReputationRep:
    Your Kundli? I swear my mum has learnt it off by heart - she keeps bringing stuff up that will happen to me. Mine is in gujrati and i never stuck with gujrati classes (can speak it but am illiterate lol) so i can;t read it but i'm not sure i'd want to - don't like all the dodgy mustical stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudrax)
    Your Kundli? I swear my mum has learnt it off by heart - she keeps bringing stuff up that will happen to me. Mine is in gujrati and i never stuck with gujrati classes (can speak it but am illiterate lol) so i can;t read it but i'm not sure i'd want to - don't like all the dodgy mustical stuff
    Mine's in Gujarati too, but I have one in English as well.
    I can read and write Gujarati :proud:
    It's just really interesting to see how I've grown up to be what they thought 17 years ago. And a lot of the personal emotional stuff is so true! I typed it up so it's a safe copy from the flimsy piece it was written on before!

ReputationRep:
    is there a pakistani community at all???

ReputationRep:
    There is indeed...check the societies page...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=270
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=333779
    ^^ there it is

ReputationRep:
    15 mins to go - i'm gonna go position myself in a decent place in the lounge to see the fireworks

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! GOODLUCK WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE, LETS HOPE IT BRING GOOD UNI NEWS FOR EVERYONE APPLYING AND GOOD ANYTHING ELSE FOR ANYONE NOT APPLYING!

C ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    Hey Abhinaya :hugs: glad new year went well
    Hyderabad, is a beautiful place ;yes;
    aww, thanks ma sucre :dancing: comment ça va?
    How was urs? Spent a cool one with ya family?

ReputationRep:
    happy new year

it's 4 am and i'm knackered, just spent the last 3 hours walking around central london :rolleyes: holborn -> oxford circus -> bond street -> st johns wood is not a short excursion :hmpf:

hope your new years were good. welcome to 2008

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!!

Happy New Year!! Hope this year brings you much happiness/success!

The London fireworks were amaazing-literally lit up the whole sky!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. first time posting here.

Just needed help with my hindi and I suppose this is the best place to get help.

What do these words mean guys? They're exclusive to hindi and dont seem to be urdu words.

Guruth-vaa-kar-shun
    Dhur-ee-yal
    Un-bao-hon/Un-bao
    Chaat-ra
    Su-rakh-shet
    La-chee-lay-pan
    Sidh-anth

ReputationRep:
    I do know that Chaatra means student, Surakhshet means secure, and Siddhanth means principle/another name for Ganesh.

I don't recognise the other words-this is probably really 'shudh' Hindi and therefore goes beyond what I know! :p:

ReputationRep:
    u all guju?

ReputationRep:
    Well sugar, rudrax and I are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jet'aime)
    I do know that Chaatra means student, Surakhshet means secure, and Siddhanth means principle/another name for Ganesh.

I don't recognise the other words-this is probably really 'shudh' Hindi and therefore goes beyond what I know! :p:
    That is most pleasing. thank you. rep for you. what is shudh hindi?

ReputationRep:
    pure hindi

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.