Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    6 days no post.................

come on people, lets keep this thread alive

anyone got anything to say .........

ok heres somin ....... how do u like my sig - should i change it ?
    Such a dynamic member of INDIAN FRIENDS GROUP waaheey what's new from your side these days Sumit? Howz you enjoying your vacation?

ReputationRep:
    yay we won today!!! most deffinately needed to lift the spirits after yesterday!!

ReputationRep:
    Aww sumit I can't see you signature...

and yeah we did win but it wasn't such a big deal actually...West Indies has a new team this time..all of them are babies!

And..moving on..
    Does anyone know anyone who got stuck in (or out) because of the rains in Mumbai? They got around 94 cms of rain last week.
    I know someone who missed his flight because he couldn't get out of his building. The water was up to the first floor!

I also saw this thing on Zee News (don't know how many of you watch it) where this place called Raigad next to Mumbai was immersed in rainwater 10 feet deep! That's almost twice of me.. :rolleyes:
    Well..they were using a boat to get around the streets... It was like a run-down version of Venice!

ReputationRep:
    ive bn relaxin in these hols , dion nothing exciting just waiting for results day i guess
    i wanted to learn to drive but have bn to lazy - i wanna get my license by end of hols
    dpali heres my sig below :p:
    and you say yr about 5ft tall ???? nuttn wrong with that but is that a bit of an exaduration ?
    India winning was gd but im still not over losing to pakistan at home , we were 2-0 up and we lost 2-4 :mad:
    so u all bn watching it on Sony TV ?

btw have any of u seen LOC on Star Plus - that is soooooo FUNNY :rofl:

Jai Hind
    Sumit :cool:

ReputationRep:
    helloooooooo

i have something to say

i hate cricket ...prolly cos i dnt understand it but still can't stand watching it

i had star plus up until last week...my dad cancelled all my indian channels apart from b4u movies n music ..never watched LOC though but now i know why my mum kept calling The OC ,LOC...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    ive bn relaxin in these hols , dion nothing exciting just waiting for results day i guess
    i wanted to learn to drive but have bn to lazy - i wanna get my license by end of hols
    dpali heres my sig below :p:
    and you say yr about 5ft tall ???? nuttn wrong with that but is that a bit of an exaduration ?
    India winning was gd but im still not over losing to pakistan at home , we were 2-0 up and we lost 2-4 :mad:
    so u all bn watching it on Sony TV ?

btw have any of u seen LOC on Star Plus - that is soooooo FUNNY :rofl:

Jai Hind
    Sumit :cool:
    !!
    I am a crucial 2 inches taller than 5ft

And nooo..i haven't even heard of LOC though I do watch Star Plus. It's on like 60% of the time at my place thanks to my mom.

I think the Star Plus I get is broadcasts different programs as compared to the one in the UK. Have you seen "Koffee with Karan" ? It's supposed to be fabulous but they don't show it here. I've just seen the one with Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan :love: and it was pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpali)
    !!
    I am a crucial 2 inches taller than 5ft

And nooo..i haven't even heard of LOC though I do watch Star Plus. It's on like 60% of the time at my place thanks to my mom.

I think the Star Plus I get is broadcasts different programs as compared to the one in the UK. Have you seen "Koffee with Karan" ? It's supposed to be fabulous but they don't show it here. I've just seen the one with Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan :love: and it was pretty cool.
    Hey! I watch Star Plus

all the dramas are cool and yes watched koffee with Karan - OK

My fav is KyavAnjali

:bandit:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Koffee with Karan! i saw the one with Bipashu basu and Lara Dutta, quite hilarious 'cos they were ****gin Amisha Patel off..hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vhisko)
    My fav is KyavAnjali

:bandit:
    You must be the first and only guy who watches KavyAnjali! :rolleyes:

I watch it too but haven't been able to these days since I always seem to be out around 8pm (when its shown here). I've kind of lost track and they've introduced annoying new characters. Plus, I figured out long back, that KavyAnjali would only consist of the saas snubbing at the bahu and vice versa so it's gotten kind of boring since then. Actually, all of the K serials have that anyways :cool: .

Does anybody watch Astitva on Zee? It's the best and makes most sense when you compare it to other serials!

Ahh well...I can go on and on about this...I was quite an addict a while back...on weekdays when I haven't got much to do anyways, I'd sit and watch Star Plus from 7 to 10...with many breaks ofcourse.

Alright then..my secret is out

I feel like quite a loser now. :embarasse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    I've seen Koffee with Karan! i saw the one with Bipashu basu and Lara Dutta, quite hilarious 'cos they were ****gin Amisha Patel off..hehe
    Yeah wouldn't blame them. Amisha Patel is an insult to Gujaratis :mad:

She can't act for rotten tomatoes and all she does is ...umm..welll

It's alright..let's leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Oh well..moving on...isn't Karan Johar the cutest? He's quite hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpali)
    Yeah wouldn't blame them. Amisha Patel is an insult to Gujaratis :mad:

She can't act for rotten tomatoes and all she does is ...umm..welll

It's alright..let's leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Oh well..moving on...isn't Karan Johar the cutest? He's quite hilarious.
    New release(which wood?) : Bollywood
    When? : Thread no : 552 you can refer to the time there.
    Where? : On the Internet
    Who are the actors? : Sumit, Abhinaya, Dpali, PennyRoyalTea(are houssour wah taaj boliye )
    Cut cut cuuuuut..... Aaaaaction Live from Mumbaiiii

ReputationRep:
    Omg ! Forgot to discuss about the wedding of Dawood and Miandad's children's wedding. already forgot if i remember it's Dawood's daughter with Miandad's son right?
    Dpali did you attend that wedding in Dubai? Wooo, I'd like to see some photos. lol !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    Dpali did you attend that wedding in Dubai? Wooo, I'd like to see some photos. lol !
    Ofcourse I did, I was the guest of honour :cool:

:p: really Abhinaya, as if!

It was held at Grand Hyatt and the reception was at Burj Al Arab. Dawood did not make an appearance as far as I know...And that's all I do know anyways

and yeah, it was Dawood's daughter and Miandad's son.

Ok I tried posting a pic but I can't. This is the only one I could find anyways. The Indian News Channels were having a field day. They kept showing Dawood with different get-ups (beard, no beard and so on) to see what he'd look like if he tried a disguise. So here's the link:

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/displayA...ae_July673.xml

Are we going to get into trouble for discussing their wedding? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Who are the actors? : Sumit, Abhinaya, Dpali, PennyRoyalTea(are houssour wah taaj boliye )
    Cut cut cuuuuut..... Aaaaaction Live from Mumbaiiii
    w0w i've always secretly wanted to be an actress!

lol..jokin, i think i'll stick to a maths degree

ReputationRep:
    Who are the actors? : Sumit, Abhinaya, Dpali, PennyRoyalTea(are houssour wah taaj boliye )Cut cut cuuuuut..... Aaaaaction Live from Mumbaiiii
    :laugh: only just saw that!

Alright then, what shall I be playing? I want a big part...bigger than the rest :eviltongu

Please call up Bablu and see if my dates are free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpali)
    Ofcourse I did, I was the guest of honour :cool:

:p: really Abhinaya, as if!

It was held at Grand Hyatt and the reception was at Burj Al Arab. Dawood did not make an appearance as far as I know...And that's all I do know anyways

and yeah, it was Dawood's daughter and Miandad's son.

Are we going to get into trouble for discussing their wedding? :eek:
    Naao Dpali, hehehe... don't worry. Nothing is gonna happen. Just we discussed something related to a famous cricket star. so no worries
    Omg ! What a great pic. That hotel looks like a paradise. hehehe... Thanks for posting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpali)
    :laugh: only just saw that!

Alright then, what shall I be playing? I want a big part...bigger than the rest :eviltongu

Please call up Bablu and see if my dates are free.
    Hmmm, Normally in Bollywood movies as you know Hero's mother role is the biggest part :p: Ahh, Dpaaliiii Hmmm...anyways i'll call Bablu to confirm the dates. yayy !!! hahahaa... so funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    w0w i've always secretly wanted to be an actress!

lol..jokin, i think i'll stick to a maths degree
    Ahh, :eek: Maths degree and actress doesn't match. wuaaw... Have you heard about Shakuntala Devi(the human computer)? I would like to become like her. lol ! Anyways, all the best for your maths degree.

ReputationRep:
    its good to see a thread with the indian flags on the top right corner...so many proud indians!!! way to go ppl...way to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_raghav11)
    its good to see a thread with the indian flags on the top right corner...so many proud indians!!! way to go ppl...way to go!
    Wooo, I miss chennai. Very different city with Class and Mass mixed. I Love to be there but for the pollution, Crowded places and Water problem. If the government there can try to control these things. It's an Amazing place. Where do you live in Chennai? You are now a Honourable member from Anna University representing our Friends group. Hope it's Ok for you

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.