Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Friends Group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    things looking good in the cricket today!! We will beat sri lanka i should hope!! Ganguly batted quite well I must say!!!

ReputationRep:

Good try but we just sucked towards the end.

ReputationRep:
    god damn it y r we so crap!!!

ReputationRep:
    hey, i was just curious if there are any bengali speaking people in this Indian Friends group?I'm a British born Indian, but i speak Bengali at home, though my parents can both speak Hindi and Bengali. Also, can i be a member please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shumie)
    hey, i was just curious if there are any bengali speaking people in this Indian Friends group?I'm a British born Indian, but i speak Bengali at home, though my parents can both speak Hindi and Bengali. Also, can i be a member please?
    I'm also a British Born Indian

But down where I live theres many bangli people but I can't speak it.

I speak English, Gujarati, Some Spanish/Hindi/Punjabi

ReputationRep:
    I can speak tiny bits of Hindi, but for the most part, i see Bengali, however, i think that it is often really easy to get the gist of what they are talking about watching a Hindi or Bengali movie even if you don't understand the language entirely...lol besides there's a general formula to bollywood movies, there's a goodie hunk, a goodie girl, some corrupt indian police officers, a real baddie, a funny camp uncle, and a couple of love scenes in the rain and rolling down a mountain without any kissing, not to mention the dishum dishum action scenes hehe

ReputationRep:
    ^ Agree Its a lot easy to listen and try to understand than to speak or even write the language :eek:

Btw Who's your favourate Bollywood actress?

ReputationRep:
    Bengali sounds so sweet. It probably still sounds like that when you're abusing someone.

I don't understand it though.

Looooooove Bengali sweets. I've got cham-cham and ras-mallai at my place right now (You'd pronounce it as chom-chom and ros-mallai )

I ate too many today so I'm taking a break. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpali)
    Bengali sounds so sweet. It probably still sounds like that when you're abusing someone.

I don't understand it though.

Looooooove Bengali sweets. I've got cham-cham and ras-mallai at my place right now (You'd pronounce it as chom-chom and ros-mallai )

I ate too many today so I'm taking a break. :rolleyes:
    Bandee Mataram !! Bandee Mataram !!! wuaaw, Reali as you said it's havin it's own beauty. awww, you reminded me of Rasmallai before going to sleep. I dunno how i'm goin to sleep now yooou luckyy.. do you have Bengali neighbours? lol ! I went to Hotbreads today and had a Samosa and a Laddu after loong loong time. yummy yummy !!!

ReputationRep:
    Ras Malaaaaaaaai!!!

I am really hoping someon in here has seen "goodnes gracious me", otherwise I am going to seem like a nutter!

ReputationRep:
    Also, can i be a member please?
    Sure. Welcome to our Friends group Shumie Glad to add you as one of our dynamic members. Wish you all the best for everything. Especially for your results on August 18th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what_apples)
    Ras Malaaaaaaaai!!!

I am really hoping someon in here has seen "goodnes gracious me", otherwise I am going to seem like a nutter!
    !!!
    I saw goodness gracious me once (quite hilarious) but don't know what you're talking about!

I always caught the show 5 minutes before it ended and then watched Kumars at 42 which came right after that.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love goodness gracious me it was soooo funny!!! Y did they stop it?? lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Im in india, bombay right now to meet family... having loadsa fun!

I hope there arnt too many coconuts in here... :boxing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)

Hey were you there when then there were Monsoon rains recently? Hope everyone is fine. Omg ! that was terrible people going on boats in the streets.
    Woooo, I Luvv coconuts. I go to my father's village during every summer vacation to drink unlimited coconut water. hehehe..
    Hmm.. You mean the human coconuts i think so. lol ! But, anyways carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vhisko)
    ^ Agree Its a lot easy to listen and try to understand than to speak or even write the language :eek:

Btw Who's your favourate Bollywood actress?
    Yep. I face the same problem with some languages. But, the time we start trying to speak something right or wrong we can keep improving step by step. I improved my French skills in that way. Previously, I was 0 for an year coz i didn't ever try to speak, i was always thinking i am not good at French later i started speaking broken french which gave me some confidence to speak well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)

Is the place not in chaos after the rains?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel M)
    as for veer zaara yeah a good movie you should watch it soon lol
    I have just watched this! I have been meaning to for a long time but I just got round to it. I think it's fantastic - it's quite sad but I love the music. Also the political message is very important. When I went to India back in March there seemed to be a lot of attempts to improve relations between India and Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Is the place not in chaos after the rains?

Yea it was a few days ago!! lol funny thing - on the day the heavy rains started and the first floods happened in mumbai i was on my way to the airport to fly to delhi. we ended up stuck in traffic in flooded streets for 4 hours :eek: .. it was an amzing experience - unfortunate too. We never reached the airport and later heard it was completely flooded and the electricity had gone and so all flights were grounded or were being diverted to other airports. The whole city shut down for 2 Days!!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know of any shops on the net where I can buy an emergency Indian Outfit for a wedding in 2 weeks time i really can't be bothered with a trip to wembley or southall!! Where I might not even fit something that fits me!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.