Indian Friends Group Watch

This discussion is closed.
sugar_cane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jet'aime)
Rudrax: My friend got into Queens for Medicine! It is a very nice college!

Expose: yayyy! SIX gujjus in the IFG!

Vesta: awww what's wrongg?? :hugs:

So did anyone manage to find out Sandhu's secret?
Apparently LawYah has guessed right? Not too sure....

Who here in the IFG is religious??

(I'm just curious )
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Expose: yayyy! SIX gujjus in the IFG!

Vesta: awww what's wrongg?? :hugs:

So did anyone manage to find out Sandhu's secret?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=504590
Sandhu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sugar_cane)
(I'm just curious )
To what extent? I do go to the temple and stuff ;yes;

That isn't good at all ;no; ;console;
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i know sandhu i'm OUTRAGED actually. £140 :mad:

Apparently LawYah has guessed right? Not too sure....

(I'm just curious )
not really. i usually wear an ohm symbol around my neck (not so much anymore ), but i pray to God every night and we do the diwali pooja. never go to temple. apart from that im not :p:

my friends say i'm a "hinjew" :rofl:
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That is actually really bad Vestie :sad: Can you not do anything about it? They're faulty, they should replace them.

But :laugh: @ HinJew! :p:
jet'aime
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Aww Vesta! That's terrible-you should def complain!

Sugar-depends how you define religious, but in general terms, I would say yes, I am.
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by S a n d h u)
To what extent? I do go to the temple and stuff ;yes;
Hmmm, indeed, so would you say you believe in God? And what sort of Hindu do you see yourself as? As there are indeed many divisions.

(Original post by Vesta)
i know sandhu i'm OUTRAGED actually. £140 :mad:

not really. i usually wear an ohm symbol around my neck (not so much anymore ), but i pray to God every night and we do the diwali pooja. never go to temple. apart from that im not :p:

my friends say i'm a "hinjew" :rofl:
Complain Vessie, that's just stupid when you pay £140!!!!!!!!

And :toofunny: at hinjew!

Jet'aime same question as I asked Sandhu...
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by S a n d h u)
That is actually really bad Vestie :sad: Can you not do anything about it? They're faulty, they should replace them.

But :laugh: @ HinJew! :p:
well i emailed b oth Office and Ugg, let's wait for their reply. i'm sure it'll be useless, though, it's been 28 days..:rolleyes:

Hmmm, indeed, so would you say you believe in God? And what sort of Hindu do you see yourself as? As there are indeed many divisions.

Complain Vessie, that's just stupid when you pay £140!!!!!!!!

And :toofunny: at hinjew!

Jet'aime same question as I asked Sandhu...
i want another pair :sad:
Zoob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ello ello brrrr its colds outside +snowman+
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey Zoobie :hugs:
I love the avatar :giggle:
fblade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For Cambridge don't goto Homerton, goto Trinity! Its worth 700m at least!:P

Hey everyone I seen the some of the stuff for welcome, does anybody want the songs? I can give you exclusive links to download indian films/sountracks and serials. Payments will be of £500.

And Jet'aime, if it helps I've never worn a sari. My first exam is tomorrow, I have no idea where it is yet lol.
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fblade)
For Cambridge don't goto Homerton, goto Trinity! Its worth 700m at least!:P

Hey everyone I seen the some of the stuff for welcome, does anybody want the songs? I can give you exclusive links to download indian films/sountracks and serials. Payments will be of £500.

And Jet'aime, if it helps I've never worn a sari. My first exam is tomorrow, I have no idea where it is yet lol.
Trinity is sooo oversubscribed...and they have rather geeky (but wonderful because one of my friend's will be going there in September) mathmos!

I have all the songs to Welcome too ;yes; And why pay him when I'll give it to you for free fellow IFGers hehe!
fblade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Trinity is sooo oversubscribed...and they have rather geeky (but wonderful because one of my friend's will be going there in September) mathmos!

I have all the songs to Welcome too ;yes; And why pay him when I'll give it to you for free fellow IFGers hehe!
Your ruining my business, well kinda. Lol Im acting on that idea you gave me a few days ago
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sort of religious in that I believe in God, I've never been very very religious that I go to gurdwara every sunday, I havent been in a while, but I always believed that prayer can be done anywhere, as God IS everywhere.

I try and pray as much as I can, nothing big, just like 2 minutes and that's it. Although I have recently started to get into the history of sikhism, I always knew a bit but some stuff I didnt know has just made me well aware of it :yep:

anyway..HI!
Rudrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
niiiiice thank you

basically, i'm not sure if i should ignore colleges which require a school essay.

by "non LNAT" do you mean they dont require extra tests, only the LNAT? cause i thought all colleges wanted LNAT.

i don't mind modernness too much, so i wouldn't personally scrap fitz just yet. until i've seen it

kings is too competitive

so queens, fitz, christs.
Haha sorry stupid typo - Non LNAT = Only LNAT. I meant to say Non anything but the LNAT

And the entry qualifications for law at standard across the whole uni so no matter where you apply, if you're good enough you get in. I would go and visit all the colleges you like and ignore what they ask for at interview - the only reason I mentioned it was because I liked Queens' the best out of the ones I'd finalised and nothing but lnat + interview was an added bonus

Anywhoots - you have a long time yet and you'll love any college you go to.

(Original post by Vesta)
you are amazing :eek:
I know :cool: Haha just kidding, thanks.
Rudrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wicked! Is she Indian :hubba:?
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
LNAT was frigging ridiculously confusing when I did it, some of the answers were so damn similar it was almost impossible to seperate. But hey, I must of did something good to get an offer from an LNAT uni.
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
well i emailed b oth Office and Ugg, let's wait for their reply. i'm sure it'll be useless, though, it's been 28 days..:rolleyes:
:eek:!

That. Is. Pisstaking. They're product hasn't met standards, they're obliged to replace it (GCSE Business Studies)I really do hope it works out for you because that plain sucks, fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Conveniently, LawYah summed most of it up for me:

(Original post by LawYah)
I'm sort of religious in that I believe in God, I've never been very very religious that I go to gurdwara every sunday, I havent been in a while, but I always believed that prayer can be done anywhere, as God IS everywhere.

I try and pray as much as I can, nothing big, just like 2 minutes and that's it. Although I have recently started to get into the history of sikhism, I always knew a bit but some stuff I didnt know has just made me well aware of it :yep:

anyway..HI!
;yes; Pretty much the same goes for me, Nesh.

Bumped into any good books, LawYah? I'm going to nip into the library for one soon, need to swot up and show my cousin who's boss in a debate. He's really cynical about religion now since his local Gudwara was found out to be sorta corrupt.
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I actually just use google man! Some nice youtube vids too, although there was some sad documentary of the 1984 operation blue star, which was soooo deep

try finding some books on Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale :yep:
Rudrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
On the religious front...I used to be very religious as a kid (my mum and dad are very religious) but I didn't really mean anything as I was just copying them.

After a while, I started getting really into the mythology of Hinduism (when my mum wanted me to get out of her hair she used to put the Ramayan and Mahabharata tapes we used to have on and I would watch it for houuuuuurs). But the more I read into the straight mythology, the more alienated I became. Some of it is frankly naaaaaaaaaisty (and scarring for a 10 year old) and a lot of it contradicts itself - which made me all less religious. On top of that a lot of the mainstream belief I just plain disagreed with. "Ji thavanu hoi i thai" - all that resignation on God etc.

But since then I've become more religious, and since I've grown up and realised that a lot of the mythology of Hinduism is really redundant as it's not followed. (Everyone has their own story and thats why I ofund so much contradicted itself). I've also recently become more interested in the philosophical side of Hinduism - I have a big fat book discussing the meanings of the Gita which I've read the first 3 pages of lol. But I think I'm slowly beocming more religious. I wouldn't say I believe in Ganesh or Krishna or Mataji - I just believe in 'God' but I would classify myself as a Hindu because i do all the Hindu stuff.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (750)
80.3%
Leave (184)
19.7%

Watched Threads