Rudrax
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:eek:

Tatcherites?

Margaret Tatcher is a blemish on politics as a whole! Her government did so much messed up **** around the world and weren't their workers strikes and stuff during her premiership - I thought she ruined the economy (but i'll admit i don't much about her effect on the economy) but on everything else she was a car crash!

I still like you guys tho :p: *refrains from sexist, flippant and obligatory women and politics remark :p:*
JessicaW
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rudrax)

Tatcherites?

Margaret Tatcher is a blemish on politics as a whole! Her government did so much messed up **** around the world and weren't their workers strikes and stuff during her premiership - I thought she ruined the economy (but i'll admit i don't much about her effect on the economy) but on everything else she was a car crash!

I still like you guys tho :p:
Thatcher

Hey Ram :hugs:

Can I assume you are a labour supporter then?
vex44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No way, Thatcher was one of the best things that happened to Britain, her decision to privatise national industries is what made our economy so strong! Without her we would not be such as powerful nation, i mean look at the sizes of other powerfull nations, USA, China so on, look how huge they are and powerful, then look at Britain, we are tiny compared to them yet we are in the same league. All thanks to Thatcher!!
Rudrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What up Jess :hugs:

Well to be honest I think i'd like to the lib dems back in power just because i think they've got a seige mentality and will do big things when/of they get to power and also because I think they're gonna be above all this party politics crap becauses thats the only way they have a hells chance of winning an election lol

in a nutshell, new labour is so tory already, it's basically tatcherite that the lib dems are basically labour so i owuld vote them

(the inevitable right shift)
Rudrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vex44)
No way, Thatcher was one of the best things that happened to Britain, her decision to privatise national industries is what made our economy so strong! Without her we would not be such as powerful nation, i mean look at the sizes of other powerfull nations, USA, China so on, look how huge they are and powerful, then look at Britain, we are tiny compared to them yet we are in the same league. All thanks to Thatcher!!
Economically i don't have much to say because i only know her her from the sociological and international angles but in those areas she was on level with Bush. Her foreign policy was rediculous and embarrasing, she was the founder of the anglo-american relations that have alienated the rest of the world and today's underclass began with her "there's no such thing as society". Tory complain about people benefit frauding and the welfare system being stretched too thin - thats all her fault. She's responsible for the massive class divide in this country.
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
clause 4 (nationalisation of industry) was a completely rubbish thing to have and Thatcher and her government were right in privatising industries; it has helped our country so much economically.

as a potential politics @ uni student i say: maggie kicked ass :proud:

the UK was in a MESS before she came along. strikes everywhere. the country literally would come to a standstill. she brought about trade union destruction which has benefitted us so much. IMO, she was the greatest PM ever :love:
vex44
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
clause 4 (nationalisation of industry) was a completely rubbish thing to have and Thatcher and her government were right in privatising industries; it has helped our country so much economically.

the UK was in a MESS before she came along. strikes everywhere. the country literally would come to a standstill. she brought about trade union destruction which has benefitted us so much. IMO, she was the greatest PM ever :love:
You tell em Vesta!!! I know her public relations were not fantastic, but in regards to the economy she did amazing! Im a Labour supporter now, except now I think they have got caught up in too many scandals, half of which i believe is totally out of their hands, yet they get the blame for it! But still, i dont think too much of Gordon Brown, so at the moment im sort of hanging in the middle, not sure of which party is the best! Lib dems seem attractive in the sense they are not getting caught up in the rest of this media battle, and sticking to plain straight politics! What do you people think of the BNP, i cant believe such a racist political party is even allowed!!
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the BNP is a JOKE. it's disgusting. a horrible waste of time and space :indiff:
vex44
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yet they are gathering more and more supporters every year!! I mean which psychos vote for them!! They are anti-everything coloured lol!!!
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
mmmmmmmmmmmmm prawn cocktrail quavers
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cocktail* :eek:
Rudrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)

I agree on her trade union action - it was getting out of hand but in every other department (apart from economics she failed)

Current Anglo-russian tensions began with her behaviour in the cold war with Raegan. She was against German reunification (WHY? East germany was in tatters - it would be inhumanitarian to prevent unification). Didn't she takes china's side against Indian in the Indo-China wars? She ****ed up british society plain and simple - the upper classes and middle class lived comfortably whilst the majority working class were neglected. It was her government that got plushy with Saddam Hussein and Afghanistan(?? - I know america armed the taliban) against Iran and Russia and know their on the American slipstream of anti-Iranism and anti-Russiaism (made up words lol)

Apart from the economcy where she may have been great she was a mess. Gordon Brown did great things for the economy with 10 years as Chancellor - where's his dues :p:
vex44
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
HAHAHAHA your so random! (lawyah)
Rudrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vex44)
Yet they are gathering more and more supporters every year!! I mean which psychos vote for them!! They are anti-everything coloured lol!!!
I think all this terrorism stuff is swelling their ranks of nationalistic ignorant *******s who can't even spell 'Middle East'

and actually their squeezing their way in because radical party voters always voters whereas the moderate majority (those in flux between parties) don't really turnout on election days and so can give the mainstream non-insane parties their majorities.

So if you wanna squeeze tjhe BNP out just go to the ballot boxes and vote
JessicaW
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
the BNP is a JOKE. it's disgusting. a horrible waste of time and space :indiff:
:ditto: biggest load of tossers ever.
We had a bit of trouble with them a few years back, some of them hassled my mum for marrying an Indian.

EDIT: I agree Ram, people who don't vote and then complain about the ruling party really get on my nerves.
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok i dont know much about her foreign policy but from what i do know about Thatcherism i have to say she rocks

i hate gordon. dont even get me started ;yucky;
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (16)
18.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (36)
41.38%
Nope, not that interesting (35)
40.23%

Watched Threads