Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    hahaha... Good obs. Maybe you need to contribute a half British-Indian to TSR if that's disturbin you mate

Flag is just one of the formality thing for TSR but that's of no important to us. Just that mates of Indian origin, Indians and Indian fans(British or African or Norwegian or Brasilian) havin a chat here.

Welcome to you btw
    Haha both my parents are "indian" (brown) etc but i just feel awkward putting an indian flag as my location since 1. i wasnt born in india. 2. i dont live in india 3. putting india as my flag will make me feel like a freshie

ill stick with british indian.. indian roots but born in britain

(Original post by farhan)
    Are you serious? What country do you live in? :confused:
    You seem to be forgetting that I have almost no contact with the Indian world. Apart from people on TSR, the only Indian people I regularly talk to are my dad and my aunty.
    So in regards to this matter, I may as well live in Timbuktu.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha freshie isnt just devoted to indians.. the black people use it too (strangely) Its used to describe say an indian person coming to britain with the indian accent and way of thinking etc

Oh. So it's a derogatory term then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    You seem to be forgetting that I have almost no contact with the Indian world. Apart from people on TSR, the only Indian people I regularly talk to are my dad and my aunty.
    So in regards to this matter, I may as well live in Timbuktu.
    Freshie isn't exclusively to do with Indians. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I dont know.. its more of a jokey term really rather than a serious offensive term

alot of things indian are strange (some are downright backward) even if you are 100% born with indian roots etc

ReputationRep:
    Nah, just a joke thing.

Nah, just a joke thing.
    Hmmm. Ok. I'm still sceptical though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, just a joke thing.
    Hi Farhan, Howdee?? Nice to see you here

ReputationRep:
    freshi is a typical indian or someone typical from that country, someone who has an indian accent and dresses like a typical indian, etc.

e.g farhan wearing reebok tracksuit bottoms with a dark green blazer and black shiny shoes and pronouncing his W's like V's would be freshie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsn)
    Haha both my parents are "indian" (brown) etc but i just feel awkward putting an indian flag as my location since 1. i wasnt born in india. 2. i dont live in india 3. putting india as my flag will make me feel like a freshie

ill stick with british indian.. indian roots but born in britain
    Good thing. Everyone aren't the same. Some people find more Indian in them and some more British in them

I'm living in France since 5 years but I'm a pure Indian from India. So in my case I can't consider myself French in 5 years. lol !

I love the French way of living and many more things but I always have my utmost respect to my motherland. Now India and France are my 2 eyes. I can't remove any one of these. lol !

(Original post by LawYah)
    freshi is a typical indian or someone typical from that country, someone who has an indian accent and dresses like a typical indian, etc.

e.g farhan wearing reebok tracksuit bottoms with a dark green blazer and black shiny shoes and pronouncing his W's like V's would be freshie
    :laugh:
    I see. As always LawYah, I can count on you to paint a clearer picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    Hi Farhan, Howdee?? Nice to see you here
    Hello Fine thanks and you?

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:
    I see. As always LawYah, I can count on you to paint a clearer picture.
    Still sceptical? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Yeah, either from Bangladesh/India/Pakistan..

Haha. Or, a lot of denim like denim jackets And pleated trousers with trainers

Nope, LawYah has convinced me.

ReputationRep:

vhat are joo on about?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, LawYah has convince me.
    has convince wat..?? i already posted what he said before lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsn)
    has convince wat..?? i already posted what he said before lol
    innit

ReputationRep:
    Some freshies actually sing their freshie songs (badly) in public. At these times, it's quite embarrassing to be Asian too.

They don't know you can't fall in love instantly here! And that women won't fall in love with you by your song!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.