The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7700
I wouldn't always blame the parents though dude, you know they maybe pushing her which is wrong, its just that they have the old traditions of secure jobs and may not be as aware as we are as we're gifted with our education of understanding that other jobs offer similar satisfaction and financial security, whereas time old professions have always offered security and you know its the love for the child sometimes that makes them so pushy as they want their children to do well, and they want them to be successful as you know they want everything for their kids which to be fair they never had. It's love there, its pushy at the same time and we see it wrong now, but yu know i begin to understand where they come from. It's just a little ignorant at the moment, the more knowledge they acquire of other positions providing financial security etc.. i reckon things will change :smile: haha give them a bit of time :wink: remember these are the people who have feed, clothed and kept you and cared for you through everything and anything.. gotta cut them a lil slack.. :smile:!
Rant over.
Screw anyone else, I'm going to live life my way and those who don't like it can go to hell.
hsn
I feel semi ripped in half by that.. but its really the people here. The one most backward thing imo is the "caste" system.. it really has NO ground does it? My mum lets me have free and intelligent thinking but there are still some what i consider backward ideals she holds onto

But yeah unlike my cousin whos a girl (dunno if its worse because shes a girl) im not being forced into something i hate or dont want to do (parents are fine with me wanting to do an engineering design/computer science involved job) instead of just pushing me towards medicine and they havent ever forced me to really do things i hate. So many indians do this whole gangsta bhangra bhangra glassi thing and their from some ****ing private school and think they're upholding indian culture.. i think no mate your being flipping stupid drinking underage and really degrading it but they don't quite understand that :wink:

oh well enough of this topic id rather just live my life happy then living a plastic lie just to conform :biggrin:

Why?
Reply 7703
Yep, its all about the tight fams.

Also, I really hate it when I see girls sneaking out lying to their parents that they're having a sleepover but really they're smoking sheesha and at club SHOUT in ilford, you know SHOUT init Nik? if you've got parents in Ilford who's daughters a supposedly going for sleepovers its best to check Shout as they're most definitely clubbin there :p:
N89
I wouldn't always blame the parents though dude, you know they maybe pushing her which is wrong, its just that they have the old traditions of secure jobs and may not be as aware as we are as we're gifted with our education of understanding that other jobs offer similar satisfaction and financial security, whereas time old professions have always offered security and you know its the love for the child sometimes that makes them so pushy as they want their children to do well, and they want them to be successful as you know they want everything for their kids which to be fair they never had. It's love there, its pushy at the same time and we see it wrong now, but yu know i begin to understand where they come from. It's just a little ignorant at the moment, the more knowledge they acquire of other positions providing financial security etc.. i reckon things will change :smile: haha give them a bit of time :wink: remember these are the people who have feed, clothed and kept you and cared for you through everything and anything.. gotta cut them a lil slack.. :smile:!

Yeah, i guess they arent really giving me crap since they know ive loved science and computers (not because theyve indoctrinated me into liking it i just find things like that fascinating) along with my dad who did surveying since he loved physics and maths.. my grandad didnt really push him towards it he just did it because he liked it. She also said to me the other day "do something because you want to, not to impress your indian family" which couldn't be truer. I dont understand though even if the child wants to do something they love perfectly and is a secure job.. why purposely push them towards something like medicine.. it was like my friend was always sort of indoctrinated into wanting to do medicine but he has changed now and wants to do something businessy involving economics so i guess thats that really

Rant over.
Screw anyone else, I'm going to live life my way and those who don't like it can go to hell.

after i started getting flak for not fitting the sterotype i just got so pissed off one day and said simply

**** IT.

and now i am much much happier and i feel much more like myself.. much more like the old me, at the end of the day those people will never wise up and itll be the true indians who uphold everything properly instead of just fitting to a sterotype of what they think they are supposed to be... thats one thing i like about indians who break away is that they have the strength in themselves and we've always stood for strength through education,friendship etc etc

anyway enoughs enough haha
JessicaW
Why?

well more annoyed by.. i felt like that before but i just decided to break away from the norm.. living your life the way others live it is a stupid way and it feels really fake
Reply 7706
i really want a BMW 1 series 5 door :eek2: theyre sooo sexy. i asked my dad, he said no :p:

ahh well. i love the toyota yaris, i think it's awesome. and the peugeot 270 is nice. and the focus of course :redface:
Reply 7707
I think the caste system is completely wrong anyway, you know the reason why the caste system exists, as someone explained to me, the caste system was in place in order to classify people into job categories in order to maintain a good society.

e.g. Brahmins were there to provide wisdom and knowledge throughout the land making all the high decisions as they had the power of the gurus and vedas with them..

Kshatriyas were the ones who had to protect such sages as those like Valmiki etc.. who are renowned for what they have done.. and it was their job back in the day to protect them with their strength and skill (warriors)

Vaishyas were there to provide an economy and to provide trade and provide shops in order for people to have money and provide sustainability for societies

and the Shudas, those people consider to be lower caste in fact were very important as they did the farming and provided food for the whole land so that they were self sufficient.

This was the basic and true meaning of the caste system however it was abused and corrupted through the ages, as people allocated family groups and trades to each caste, and made it seem that the top castes were superior to the bottom castes and intercaste marriages were seen and are still seen as some sort of sin. To be fair, I can understand some castes have various ways of doing things (cooking etc..) but the respect between man and man has degraded over the centuries from going about the "job system and categorisation" as it originally was to some "inferiority complex" where just because someone is ahigher caste, means taht they cannot even touch someone lower caste.. its disgusting and the sooner indian gets rid of that the better, because it is that that makes man not see the human in the other man, people forget that you know we're quite similar, man wants to pick out the differences and negatives way before the positives, no ones perfect and i'm far from it to be fair, but you know i think when individuals begin to change their ways and their actions and their way of thinking, then allt hese stereotypes and all this b***** about the caste system will hopefully allow man to try to come to some sort of sustained peace.. one would hope!
Reply 7708
LOL Sukh yeah ano shout, thats a dodgy place near cineworld man!! LOL, its berr full of rudebwois and.. well lets say clothes challenged girls :tongue: and eastside is gettin worse, and salt and pepper buffet house shisha, kaps back in the day, cafe noire!! Ilfords such a crap and dangerous place now to live, it sjust getting worse, like that man in ilford who got off the 25 bus at 5am in the morning and got dragge dunder the bus for 1 mile before anyone noticed, his body parts were all over the place...

I mean damn, this is what counts for respect for humans :s-smilie:?
Vesta
i really want a BMW 1 series 5 door :eek2: theyre sooo sexy. i asked my dad, he said no :p:

ahh well. i love the toyota yaris, i think it's awesome. and the peugeot 270 is nice. and the focus of course :redface:

:topic:
Slightly random.
Vesta

my dream car is a porsche 911 or cayman s .. i really love porsches and they're the more afforadable supercar out of porsche and ferrari (not really a fan of ferraris anyway) BMWs are really nice too but i reckon if i asked my dad when i was old enough if i could have a bmw i think id get a slap faster :p:
Reply 7711
Vesta

BMW FOR YOU FIRST CAR STFUUU! :p: Glad he said no, I'd be too jealous :ninja:
Reply 7712
Dude man it's all bwt the nissan micra LOL STEREOTYPICAL INDIAN CAR.. just had to mention that due tot he topic :P!! LOL
Reply 7713
focuss has the easiest and smoothest drive.. s'all bwt the golfs man!! :tongue:
Reply 7714
I'm gone for the night IFG, I've got a super early start tomorrow morning, very interesting convo tonight guys, nice chatting!! Bye al!!
N89
Dude man it's all bwt the nissan micra LOL STEREOTYPICAL INDIAN CAR.. just had to mention that due tot he topic :P!! LOL

oh god nissan micras send shivers down my spine.. everytime i see one its almost ran me over (no lie) was even funnier last year when i told this story and them my maths teacher said she drives a nissan micra lol

also my uncle loves golfs for some reason, he has two now haha he sold the focus for a golf
Reply 7716
LawYah
BMW FOR YOU FIRST CAR STFUUU! :p: Glad he said no, I'd be too jealous :ninja:

im still hinting :p:

i like teh yaris.

but the series 1 is SO NICE :love:

tbh, it's not that much more expensive than the new mondeo (which is what he wanted to get me)

JessicaW
:topic:
Slightly random.

:withstupi

hsn
my dream car is a porsche 911 or cayman s .. i really love porsches and they're the more afforadable supercar out of porsche and ferrari (not really a fan of ferraris anyway) BMWs are really nice too but i reckon if i asked my dad when i was old enough if i could have a bmw i think id get a slap faster :p:

hmm... i don't like porsches that much. my dad has a 911 and tbh it's not that great. i much prefer cars like the SLK, m3, DB9... :cool:
Reply 7717
N89
LOL Sukh yeah ano shout, thats a dodgy place near cineworld man!! LOL, its berr full of rudebwois and.. well lets say clothes challenged girls :tongue: and eastside is gettin worse, and salt and pepper buffet house shisha, kaps back in the day, cafe noire!! Ilfords such a crap and dangerous place now to live, it sjust getting worse, like that man in ilford who got off the 25 bus at 5am in the morning and got dragge dunder the bus for 1 mile before anyone noticed, his body parts were all over the place...

I mean damn, this is what counts for respect for humans :s-smilie:?

I knowwww mate I went there with a few mates, so many indian girls dressed with hardly anything on, Ilford really lives up to its stereotype! I nearly got into a fight there too because one of the rudebois pushed infront of me in the queue for a drink at that bollywoodbowl place, he must of thought it was India, he gave it large but I just stood up to him, I was double the size of this guy, and he just walked off swearing like a monkey, I swear most of these fools are all talk. I dunno how you live there!
Vesta

I looked at that and also the Audi A3 but the insurance was sky high.:frown:
Reply 7719
Haha all indian mums have nissan micras, Westa you should get one of those :ninja:

Latest