Indian Friends Group Watch

This discussion is closed.
vex44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well i chose tripple science, which meant i only had to do short course welsh, so half a gcse, who ever didn't do tripple science went in for a full gcse in welsh! it is soooooooooo complicated and pointless! i mean you'd atleast expect there to be logic behind a language, welsh is just random lol!!
The Formidable Tani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry about the language paper Vesta, you can re-take next year, you'll be almost guaranteed full marks, given how much easier it is compared to A2 ;]

Hah, Welsh is random? I had to do German for GCSE, I didn't understand that at all, but maybe that was just me =S Art was probably the most random GCSE though, I swear some people painted complete crap but still got loads of marks for it =S
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah but i want an A this year
The Formidable Tani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Long as you've got the literature side of things covered (which isn't hard tbh, only took me 2 days to learn my Aeneid X chunks off by heart), you'll easily get at least 90% overall, so I wouldn't worry! Feel free to ask if you got problems with the language side of things, but you'll probably be fine anyway. AS means jack all anyway, it's all about predicted grades unless you're going for Cambridge...ack...
JessicaW
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
Hey :hello: I'm back, but not satisfied. :sad:
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thing is, i find it hard to learn more than 20 lines a day. so the plan is to learn it years in advance to try and get it sorted first.

thing is, i'm not sure what to write for the 30 mark language papers. GCSEs you can bluff through and get A*s, but not so much AS levels
JazzP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey Jess, how are you?
JessicaW
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
thing is, i find it hard to learn more than 20 lines a day. so the plan is to learn it years in advance to try and get it sorted first.

thing is, i'm not sure what to write for the 30 mark language papers. GCSEs you can bluff through and get A*s, but not so much AS levels
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Although perhaps a little less TSR and a little more textbook would help.:p:
JessicaW
Report 10 years ago
EDIT: Hey Jazz :hugs: I don't know what to say when anyone asks me than anymore.
Life still sucks. :sad:

You?
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe :ninja:
The Formidable Tani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)

So did I that time last year, but when it was crunch-time, I managed to sort myself out and get down with it! I'd have my Latin and English translations side-by-side and basically just go through them both, matching words up to make sure I understood it. It'll be easy by the end, no worries but whatever works best for you I guess, it'll all work out.

Don't get what you mean by "30 mark questions" - the language at AS is basically the same as at GCSE, just with a bigger vocab list?
JazzP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
still recovering from wicked party last night (I'm a lightweight!), it's was my girlfriends mums 50th party on Sat.
JessicaW
Report 10 years ago
cool.
everyone's a lightweight compared to me. :p:
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Formidable Tani)
So did I that time last year, but when it was crunch-time, I managed to sort myself out and get down with it! I'd have my Latin and English translations side-by-side and basically just go through them both, matching words up to make sure I understood it. It'll be easy by the end, no worries but whatever works best for you I guess, it'll all work out.

Don't get what you mean by "30 mark questions" - the language at AS is basically the same as at GCSE, just with a bigger vocab list?
i tend to learn the english off by heart but compare side by side so i can recognise it and know maybe 60% of the words in every sentence.
worked for gcse :dontknow:

i mean in the lit paper - i dont understand what to do in the essays and also the 30 mark lit questions.
JazzP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JessicaW)
cool.
even my mum and dad got hammered (I think my mum was the only lady drinking) and we had to crash at her mums and dads house!
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
cool.
that's cos you're 20 stone.
The Formidable Tani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha Jazz, almost just the men drinking, sounds typical aZn fare then =P

Vesta, works for AS as well, and A2! I didn't know most of the vocab, but little bits of vocab in the sentence, would help trigger whole sentences for me, and it still works! I try and be as clear on everything as possible though. The essays are pretty blaggable tbh, just talk a little bit about literary devices, historical context and whatever else, same as GCSE...
JessicaW
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LawYah)
that's cos you're 20 stone.
:hmmm:
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hmmm:
couldn't resist :dontknow:
JazzP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
[quote=The Formidable Tani]Haha Jazz, almost just the men drinking, sounds typical aZn fare then =P

quote]

Yeah, most of the Ladies do it behind their parents back
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1234)
79.61%
Leave (316)
20.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise