Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Friends Group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We need to start a coalition and interest group in D&D. Numerous other groups have their views spread on D&D, and so should we.

ReputationRep:
    good idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    Anyway, we need to get IFG more active... somehow... Any Ideas?
    Howz everyone today? Anything interesting?

Yep. we need to make IFG more active. Winter season hope all our members are Hibernating Hmm... well, there are loads of things going on in India so let we guys keep discussing on the current hot topics so that we can't be missing India. lol ! For Ex : Have you heard of Pravas Bhartiya Divas? It's where all overseas Indians(Non Resident Indians) meet under one roof to discuss various critical issues related to the country and their involvement.
    Here is the site : http://www.pbd2006.org/pbd2006.asp

ReputationRep:
    we need to start some sort of game/quiz/debate to attract all the members back. i liked the idea of startinga debate in the D&D with our views on stuff

ReputationRep:
    Sorry..I thought you wanted to attract members back here? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    we need to start some sort of game/quiz/debate to attract all the members back. i liked the idea of startinga debate in the D&D with our views on stuff
    Yeah all good ideas are welcome

ReputationRep:
    hello! i'm back from india will post more about my experiences when i'm feeling better as i am very ill at the moment!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakeshiFan)
    Happy New Year every1! I'm going sales shopping tomorrow
    Ive been to NEXT where all the indians go! Anyway, I got myself a nice set of ear rings.

And also Abhinaya thanks for giving me the award! I'll put it into my siggy as soon a possible!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Indian, cna I join??

--------------

Anyone read "The Inscrutable Americans"?? It's soo funny

ReputationRep:
    I'm of Indian Origin- From my dad's side a few generations back, and my mum's from Mumbai. I'm an NRI, I suppose. India's an amazing country (if you stay away from the big cities like Mumbai. And the Indus Valley/Harappan civilisation is definitely worth a looking into.

Either way, the gift of all Uni student cooking is vaghar. Takes a few minutes, is healthy, and tastes delish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nysh)
    I'm of Indian Origin- From my dad's side a few generations back, and my mum's from Mumbai. I'm an NRI, I suppose. India's an amazing country (if you stay away from the big cities like Mumbai. And the Indus Valley/Harappan civilisation is definitely worth a looking into.

Either way, the gift of all Uni student cooking is vaghar. Takes a few minutes, is healthy, and tastes delish.
    lol

I am indian , from ilford , any ppl from ilford ????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shivani singhal)
    I'm Indian, cna I join??

--------------

Anyone read "The Inscrutable Americans"?? It's soo funny
    Sure you can Can you please introduce yourself to our members?

Nysh and David cool would you guys like to join?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, sorry I havent been here a long time. Whats everyone been doing??

ReputationRep:
    same here, i bn gettn busy with uni life etc :sleep:

have u guys and girls been following the cricket, sehwag and dravid almost broke the record for the highest forst wicket partnership. but no big dissapointment since the record is still held by indian openers and they broke other recods. Lets hope we can win the next few test matches now !

GO INDIA :party:

Sumit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumitk87)
    same here, i bn gettn busy with uni life etc :sleep:

:rolleyes:

Yup.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys. can i join?

--------------

My name's alyna, i'm 19 (25/11/86) mixed maharashtran(mumbai), gujerati(my great grandfather built the baroda tram system) and kacchi as well as persian (mum is kacchi/persian) but i live in wimbledon, london.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asianangel86)
    hey guys. can i join?

--------------

My name's alyna, i'm 19 (25/11/86) mixed maharashtran(mumbai), gujerati(my great grandfather built the baroda tram system) and kacchi as well as persian (mum is kacchi/persian) but i live in wimbledon, london.
    Great Alyna Welcome to IFG. Have you been to India before? If so, how was your experience?

ReputationRep:
    Heeeey people...

Names Nicole, live in london atm...mums frm mumbai n dads mixed indian/english...n then thers meeeee Whoooo im going to india this half term!!! Yaaaaaaaaay SOOOOO cant wait, gonna go to agra to visit the taj mahal for a few days n then to see some family in mumbai....havent been bak there since i was about 5 years old!!! Oooo i cant waiiiit, any1 got any tips on where 2 go shoppin, partyin n stuff in mumbai, im not sure where exactly where gonna be though....but any ideas ppl!? Whooo im SO exciteed, gonna b a wkkkd hol!

ReputationRep:
    i know a few places i went in mumbia.

1) olive grove bar (you'll see some movie stars there)
    2) velocity nightclub
    3) 1900's another night club.
    4) and for shopping u can go to linkin road. everyone knows it, its like the oxford street of india.....lol

(Original post by Bring_it_on)
    Heeeey people...

Names Nicole, live in london atm...mums frm mumbai n dads mixed indian/english...n then thers meeeee Whoooo im going to india this half term!!! Yaaaaaaaaay SOOOOO cant wait, gonna go to agra to visit the taj mahal for a few days n then to see some family in mumbai....havent been bak there since i was about 5 years old!!! Oooo i cant waiiiit, any1 got any tips on where 2 go shoppin, partyin n stuff in mumbai, im not sure where exactly where gonna be though....but any ideas ppl!? Whooo im SO exciteed, gonna b a wkkkd hol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mace5000)
    i know a few places i went in mumbia.

1) olive grove bar (you'll see some movie stars there)
    2) velocity nightclub
    3) 1900's another night club.
    4) and for shopping u can go to linkin road. everyone knows it, its like the oxford street of india.....lol
    Oooh yea ive heard of linkin road! Wanna get maself an indian outfit aswell...dunno when id get a chance to use it tho bt there soooo pretty i rli want one lolz. I dont watch indian movies at all cz i dont understand them so i probz wont recognise movie stars bt it wud still b kewl ta go! Dyu no if there strict on ID's out there? im 17... And dirnking age...is it same as here or is it 21? Anyone no?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.