Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Friends Group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bring_it_on)
    Oooh yea ive heard of linkin road! Wanna get maself an indian outfit aswell...dunno when id get a chance to use it tho bt there soooo pretty i rli want one lolz. I dont watch indian movies at all cz i dont understand them so i probz wont recognise movie stars bt it wud still b kewl ta go! Dyu no if there strict on ID's out there? im 17... And dirnking age...is it same as here or is it 21? Anyone no?
    In big clubs they won't care if you are accompanying a guy but, anyway there's should be an exception if you say that you are an NRI. lol ! There shouldn't be any problem actually. The only problem for them is they need to know that there's someone to protect you inside always. So, try to carry a known guy in or a group of girls should also do. There's no drinking age as such really

Btw, do you wanna join as our official number Bring_it_on? We'd be waiting to hear abt your experiences good n bad after you return back

mace5000? you wanna be a member too? why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London_psycho)
    Would anyone be aware of the janmasthami festival. Think it takes place at george harrisons home in watford. I was thinking of doing some voluntary work there.
    oh thats cool.. what do you have to do for volunteering? the janmastami festival is cool...

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, sorry I havent been here a for a few weeks. Im busy with school and exams comming up. How is everyone?

hi. i am new here. i am from canada. i want to do a friendship with all of u. so plze send me messages and mails. bye. thnxs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anived)
    Hi everyone, sorry I havent been here a for a few weeks. Im busy with school and exams comming up. How is everyone?
    Doing fine thanks Anived All the best for your exams.

Sohni, Welcome to IFG ! Can you please introduce yourself? Your interests, D.O.B....

thanks. my interest to do a friendship with new peoples. and i am from toronto. my D.O.B on1 feb,1989. i am studying in 11 grade. I am belong to Punjabi family.

ReputationRep:
    sohni - how long have you been in Toronto for?

ReputationRep:
    HAPPY 57th REPUBLIC DAY dear members.
    Anyone here celebrates Reublic day? At my place we go to the Indian Embassy in the morning for the flag hoisting and it's a good ocassion where the Indian community meet the diplomats and later this evening the International University residance restaurant is gonna be converted into an Indian Resto with Dal, Butter chicken curry, Briyani and some sweets. woo laa laah. later there's an Indian movie projection but I am going out to watch the huge Indian spectacle The Bharti Show voila !

How are you guys celebrating?

since i take birth. i am canadian born.

ReputationRep:
    I may be a little late on this one but forget linkin road its all about santa cruz!!! I could've spend days shopping there it was brilliant!!! pity we only had a couple of hours there really!!! and theres another nice shop in the oberoi towers on nariman point my mum got me shoes from there lol!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

I'm new to this site, considering I just arrived in the UK...not sure if members of this site are from just Liverpool or anywhere in the UK. anyway, here's my post.

So I'm a 20-year-old girl and came from the States (originally NY, but going to school in Boston) to do an internship in Liverpool in the pharmaceutical industry. Actually, I came on New Year's Eve (just in time to party ) and since then I've been having a pretty good time going out in Liverpool. The group of people I hang out with are fun, they are all a bit older though, because they are all professionals and I actually don't know any students because I am not currently matriculating any Liverpool uni. They are great, don't get me wrong, but i am looking to meet a more 'studenty' type of crowd...and also, where are all the Indians (Paki, Bangla, etc. included) ???? I have yet to meet an Indian here....I've seen the tons of curry houses, but where are you guys??? hehehe.....which is contrary to what I was told, before I came here, that the UK would be full of desis.....well anyway, I was wondering if there was an Indian student population here in Liverpool, or any sort of nightlife catered to the Indian community....?? It woudl be awesome to meet any of you out there!...

So I'm here working until May... love to party, love to dance, or even do anything low-key as well. Basically, I just want to meet people! Okay, this is turning into an unnecessarily long post, I hope i hear from back some of you. take care

ciao,

A Gangadharan

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone?
    That's what even I'm searching for. I found one finally. yayy

What's up Anived? Howz you enjoying the weekend? I'm gonna watch Paheli by shahrukh today. lol !

Thanks for the Society logos info. First we need to select a nice logo for our Society. Could you all propose some logos. We can finalise one and add it soon as it is possible now to add a logo.

ReputationRep:
    Some Logos:
    Great work Anived. Good contribution. I prefer the 3rd one. I am still waiting for some more suggestions from our members. So, Tommorow we are going to finalise it if some other members are also going to give their opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    Great work Anived. Good contribution. I prefer the 3rd one. I am still waiting for some more suggestions from our members. So, Tommorow we are going to finalise it if some other members are also going to give their opinion.
    Happy to hear you liked my logos

ReputationRep:
    oh hello everyone.

first time i have seen this thread!

my parents are originally indian, and i'm very proud of my roots lol! but sadly i've never been to india!

i speak Gujarati and Hindi (well broken Hindi!) and Urdu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linguist786)
    oh hello everyone.

first time i have seen this thread!

my parents are originally indian, and i'm very proud of my roots lol! but sadly i've never been to india!

i speak Gujarati and Hindi (well broken Hindi!) and Urdu
    Hiya linguist786, you sound like a cool person. :cool:

I speak Gujarati and Hindi (well broken like you) too. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    Sure you can Can you please introduce yourself to our members?

Nysh and David cool would you guys like to join?
    Yeah, if that's possible

ReputationRep:
    Hiya linguist786, you sound like a cool person. :cool:

I speak Gujarati and Hindi (well broken like you) too. :yy:
    hehe how cool.

oo indya koi daare nathi geylo chu. pan manay aa varas bahu jawu che. mara maa-baap no desh jowaa matay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linguist786)
    hehe how cool.

oo indya koi daare nathi geylo chu. pan manay aa varas bahu jawu che. mara maa-baap no desh jowaa matay
    You'll find a wife if you search in India.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.