The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone from Meerut by any chance. Does anyone know about the place?
OMG!! Jus found out Sky will be showing all India's home series 4 another 4 years that is fantastic!!! Well pleased about that because Sky do probably have the best coverage!!
Reply 1042
chandni
OMG!! Jus found out Sky will be showing all India's home series 4 another 4 years that is fantastic!!! Well pleased about that because Sky do probably have the best coverage!!

Hey Chandni, wot's the latest news about motor racing? :wink: are you still watching the sport from your uni?
Reply 1043
I dont have sky sport:getmecoat...

...:hmmmm2: :idea: Luckily, IFG will tell me about the match and what has happened! (Please Do!)
Reply 1044
Is anyone here studying or living in London?? I'm hopefully going london for uni and want to know whether I can get my high quality khana for a cheap price?

I know its expensive to live in London but are there any nice spots where I can get some matar paneer or something like that for a nice price?
Reply 1045
Have a nice Weekend everyone :smile: see u on Monday. what programs for u guys this weekend? I'm gonna party carnaval with the brazilians in Paris as it's carnaval in Rio :biggrin:
Reply 1046
jr2007
Is anyone here studying or living in London?? I'm hopefully going london for uni and want to know whether I can get my high quality khana for a cheap price?

I know its expensive to live in London but are there any nice spots where I can get some matar paneer or something like that for a nice price?

I'm living in London. It is not expensive for a dish here if you are working. If you are not working then it can be expensive to go to the restaurant everyday.
theres some very nice and really quite reasonable restraunts near/in the bit of london i'm from!! Or failing that my grandma will feed ya lol!!!
Reply 1048
wicked wouldnt mind coming round - a bit of daal, bhat, saag n roti would be great any time :wink: tho being a gujarati boy i do have a sweet tooth
Lol lucky I'm from a guju family then lol!! Though I don't have much of a sweet tooth like I get fed up of sweet foods lol
Reply 1050
Gujju people! :party:

I'm a Gujju! We are taking over the world! :angel:
Reply 1051
yaap.same
Reply 1052
It's Shivratri today. I'm all dressed up and ready to go to the temple. :biggrin:

Reply 1053
Anived
It's Shivratri today. I'm all dressed up and ready to go to the temple. :biggrin:

wuaw, Thanks for the greetings. So, gonna stay awake tonight and do fasting?:smile:
Reply 1054
Im fasting today, anyone else?
Happy Shivratri :biggrin:

[What is it btw?]
PennyRoyalTea

[What is it btw?]

and youre indian?
Reply 1057
PennyRoyalTea

[What is it btw?]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/hinduism/holydays/mahash/
Reply 1058
jr2007
Im fasting today, anyone else?

I am not:mad: I am not even able to have the feel of festivals outside India:eek:

In India, I wakeup at 3a.m with my parents, have a bath in the river and go to shiva temple for puja. later, we eat vegetarian food during lunch and fast(only slight food mayb some idlis:p: ) during the night coz ma parents are worried that I'll be weak the next day at school. lol ! and there will be some religious movies played in the open air in my village and we go there to watch or we spend playing indoor games with friends. That's the way we celebrate shivratri.
__WiZaRD__
and youre indian?

Indeed, I'm a Sikh though, didn't know it was meant to be commonly known ..forgive me for I have sinned ^o)

Latest