Indian Friends Group Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xanthe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
When people use the term Asian, it covers a wide range of different groups from Indians to Muslims to people from China etc etc...so you cant really tell. Plus an asian would only be clever enought to get into LSE *joke*
*Opens mouth to speak*

*Realises it was a joke*

*calms down*

Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Your skin colour.
He's never seen me. You can't tell anyway...
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ive never seen you! :eek:
London_psycho
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Angel M)
hey there all of you
im indian too but im from punjab.
and i havent watched a bollywood film for ages and i havent bin to india for nealry 6 years i really need to go and chill out.
its so cool.
Wow, where is your pind. I have relatives in jalandhar!
I myself was born here.
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Ive never seen you! :eek:
I wasn't talking about you! I was referring to Sumit or whatever his name is :rolleyes:

Whose got crap observational skills now? :p: :p:
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i wish i had seen this thread sooner!! But anyways I'm Indian from gujrat speak fluent gujrati (not that it means much) My family left India 2 generations back my parents are east african and me I'm from the UK.
I saw on the first page about the Hare Krishna mandir in Watford... that is probably one of my favourite places deffinately prefer it to neasden!!!
Angel M
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by London_psycho)
Wow, where is your pind. I have relatives in jalandhar!
I myself was born here.
I from jalandhar!
i'll ask my mum my pind wen i get home, but we mainly stay at our house in the city. but i know i do have a pind somewhere.
I live in london too!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by chandni)
i wish i had seen this thread sooner!! But anyways I'm Indian from gujrat speak fluent gujrati (not that it means much) My family left India 2 generations back my parents are east african and me I'm from the UK.
I saw on the first page about the Hare Krishna mandir in Watford... that is probably one of my favourite places deffinately prefer it to neasden!!!
First of all, Warm Welcome to Chandini That's really great. I have a couple of Gujarathi friends like you. Are you from Madagascar or ReUnion? Did you visit Gujarat in the recent years? Your family still keep up the Gujarati culture?
Angel M
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so how do i become a member?
sumitk87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
same ???
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
I from jalandhar!
i'll ask my mum my pind wen i get home, but we mainly stay at our house in the city. but i know i do have a pind somewhere.
I live in london too!
Welcome to Indian Friends group Angel Are you a sikh? Can you please explain something about Sikhism? India is a land of diverse cultures and religions. It's really great we all stay together as ONE Have you been to Jalandhar recently? So, what are all the interesting places to visit in Punjab?
Angel M
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Abhinaya)
Welcome to Indian Friends group Angel Are you a sikh? Can you please explain something about Sikhism? India is a land of diverse cultures and religions. It's really great we all stay together as ONE Have you been to Jalandhar recently? So, what are all the interesting places to visit in Punjab?
Hello
yup im sikh and wot do u want to know about sikhism? and no i havent been to jalandhar for 6 years i really shud go. i miss india.
interesting places in punjab? well
theres my house and the golden temple. Festivals are ususally a good time. I went when it was holi once although im not hindu we still went along and had a blast we used permanent dye (oops :p: ) had a lot of scrubbing 2 do after dat. but fun nevatheless.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by sumitk87)
same ???
Just let me know by adding it to your Signature(Member of Indian Friends Group) like some of them have already added. I see some of them not interested to add it in their Signature in that case even then if they would like to participate in our group discussions they are most welcome to get their names added to the Member List.
London_psycho
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chandni)
Im planning to do some voluntary work during janmasthami at the Hare krishna mandir. Been there several times but this would be the first time Im going to volunteer, should be lots of fun!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Im planning to do some voluntary work during janmasthami at the Hare krishna mandir. Been there several times but this would be the first time Im going to volunteer, should be lots of fun!
Wuaaw That should be a huge celebration. How do you celebrate Janmasthami there every year? People just go around singing Bhajans and dancing?
London_psycho
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
More or less I guess. Im tryna be more of an indian, been a coconut for most of my life.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
More or less I guess. Im tryna be more of an indian, been a coconut for most of my life.
More of an Indian? Being a coconut doesn't mean you are an Indian?
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How do u volunteer at hare krishna? I'd love to do something like that exceot for the slight problem of my x!!

my dad is from Kenya and my mum from Uganda actually lol!! ummm... i've never been to India but I'm going for the first time this Christmas I can not wait!!! I have a weakish immune system so my parents werent too sure about India until now!!! My family still does all the guju things over here which is kool as i like learning about my culture though i am deffinately a bit of a coconut!!!
London_psycho
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.krishnatemple.com/contact/contact.shtm
KizD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
i get the coconut thing...what u want me 2 translate?
ive just found that people who say theyre coconuts arent really THAT coconut-ty!
translate; "Hi! sareh jahaan se achaan, hindustaan humara!! (spelling awful)!"

I can understand a bit of gujurati thats about it...

Well, i'm slighltly more indian now then i was in high school, to quote one chav in school....

"I ****ing hate paki's! but not you kiz you're orite, you're not like them--you're not one of them"

thanks "mate"
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.91%
Leave (435)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise