HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY DEAR IFG'ians
Oath for the 60th Independence mentioned in the Presiden't address :
1. I realize, I have to set a goal in my life. To achieve the goal, I will acquire the knowledge, I will work hard, and when the problem occurs, I have to defeat the problem and succeed.
2. As a youth of my nation, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.
3. I shall always keep myself, my home, my surroundings, neighbourhood and environment clean and tidy.
4. I realize righteousness in the heart leads to beauty in the character, beauty in the character brings harmony in the home, harmony in the home leads to order in the nation and order in the nation leads to peace in the world.
5. I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and will set an example for others to adopt a righteous way of life.
6. I will light the lamp of knowledge in the nation and ensure that it remains lit for ever.
7. I realize, whatever work I do if I do the best, I am contributing towards realizing the vision of developed India 2020.
Hi everyone- happy independence day :-) I'm not Indian but I'd love to join this society, just been to Tamil Nadu for a month and LOVED it there. Anyone heard of Vijay? He's a Tamil movie hero and my friends and I thought he was ace, we bought T-shirts and watches with him on- not sure if anyone in the UK will recognise him!
Oh, 1 question- where can you buy Paneer in England? Is it available in normal supermarkets? I want to get a south Indian cookbook but wandering if I'll be able to find the ingredients without going to Birmingham or somewhere.
try in any indian food shops
happy independence day!!!
Cool- thanks very much, I'll definately be trying a few recipes before I go to Uni (Paneer butter masala and palak paneer mmmm!) My friends and I all bought instant gulab jamoon mix but I don't know how they'll turn out! It's true, Vijay's not the most gorgeous but much better looking than his merchandise would suggest- although everywhere we went people were mad about him, except the doctor we were working with, who prefered Rajini. I saw 'Ghili' (don't know the spelling) that was really funny- might try and buy it off ebay but haven't found it yet. The soundtrack's cool though- pumping out of my car in leafy warwickshire!
Where in India are people in this soc from?
Tesco also sells Paneer.
Hope everyone had a good Independence day! And Happy Janmashtami!!!