Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serina M)
    hello! How are you?
    Hello! I see you're a fellow devotee of pride and prejudice!!

ReputationRep:
    anybody seen any new hindi films..i saw phir hera pheri yesterday that was as funny as hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Harsharn)
    anybody seen any new hindi films..i saw phir hera pheri yesterday that was as funny as hell
    that sucked a r s e! the original one was soooooo much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serina M)
    hello! How are you?
    I'm doing fine thanks.

It's going to be Indian year in Lille,France from october to January. Anyone heard about it? Here is the program www.lille3000.fr. It's in french for those who can understand for the moment but soon there's gonna be an English version.
    For those who want to visit france it's a good idea to visit during this time. This city is going to be completely transformed into India

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malhotra)
    that sucked a r s e! the original one was soooooo much better.
    nah it was good..but then i havent seen the original so cant reallly comment on that

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just got back from India a few weeks ago, after spending around a month and a half there India is awesome!
    [And someone remind me why we have a list of the members birthdays on the first page :rolleyes: ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hic_et_ubique)
    Hello! I see you're a fellow devotee of pride and prejudice!!

Totally! I watched the film again today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    Hey, I just got back from India a few weeks ago, after spending around a month and a half there India is awesome!
    [And someone remind me why we have a list of the members birthdays on the first page :rolleyes: ]
    arrrr:eek: tht's only for the regular members:p:
    btw, BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES. I'm reali sorry. lol !
    Where have you been in India and what are your remarks during this visit? any strange experiences?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...

Anyone know any really good indian dance tracks? Ive been searching for quite a while but can only find bollywood songs made into remixes! These are fine too but anypone got any suggestions?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    dance tracks..you just need bhangra tracks then like kangna and tharthi hildi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    Hey guys...

Anyone know any really good indian dance tracks? Ive been searching for quite a while but can only find bollywood songs made into remixes! These are fine too but anypone got any suggestions?

Thanks!
    The majority of indian songs are bollywood related; however, there's a very small market for pop. I *really* don't know if you'll like it, but i love dancing to daler mehandi's 'dardi rab rab kardi'. Other indian pop artists i remember (who don't do remixes for bollywood) are:
    -anamika (but girly stuff)
    -shaan (romantic...)
    -lucky ali ('')
    -bombay vikings (they do some remixes, but change the words..)
    -viva(indian spice girls 'nuff said)

that's all i can think of, but yeah check out the bhangra stuff from punjabi mc. Hope you get what you want!

ReputationRep:
    our hindi classes are going so poor. Hope we will gain some momentum soon
    Contribution shouldn't be that complicated phrases but some really useful phrases for daily conversation.
    thnx

what are u guys doing this WE? I invited some friends to watch an Indian movie at my place but dunno which :confused: How is YES BOSS? I have the DVD with me but watched it very long back. Don't have any hint abt the movie.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Boss..is a great movie, go with that one! and as for hindi phrases:
    chup! and koi problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Harsharn)
    Yes Boss..is a great movie, go with that one! and as for hindi phrases:
    chup! and koi problem?
    chup raho : keep quiet. I hear it more frequent in bollywood movies (chup raho beta) yayy! u have more bollywood influence. hehehe...

koi problem is a bit englishised :p: hmm... some other idea using koi.

Thanks. I will go ahead with Yes Boss.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to our new members Prats and Zanna.
    Prats gonna do her UG from Cardiff.
    Zanna who fell in Luv with India after 6 months stay. Where in India have u been?
    Plz introduce yourself to our members and have a good time with us

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks Glad to be a member of the soc!

I spent 4 months just outside Bangalore doing voluntary work. I was working with Parikrma Humanity Foundation who run 3 schools in the city for kids from slums and orphanages. I taught music with my friend.... lots of fun... the kids were amazing

We did a lot of South India travel during those 4 months (Kerala, Goa, Gokarna, Pondicherry, Hampi) and after the placement we did a mega tour of the north (Chennai up to Kolkatta, Varanasi- incredible place, Agra- ah the Taj!!, Pushkar, all around Rajasthan-Jaipur,Jodhpur,Jaisalmer, Delhi, Himalayas-McLeod Ganj, Shimla) - then visited Sri Lanka for 10 days.
    Pretty exhausting stuff but amazing!! I miss Bangalore though. Yeah it's polluted and smelly and crowded and the rickshaw drivers are a pain but theres something about it! I think I definitely prefer the south.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zanna)
    Aw thanks Glad to be a member of the soc!

I spent 4 months just outside Bangalore doing voluntary work. I was working with Parikrma Humanity Foundation who run 3 schools in the city for kids from slums and orphanages. I taught music with my friend.... lots of fun... the kids were amazing

We did a lot of South India travel during those 4 months (Kerala, Goa, Gokarna, Pondicherry, Hampi) and after the placement we did a mega tour of the north (Chennai up to Kolkatta, Varanasi- incredible place, Agra- ah the Taj!!, Pushkar, all around Rajasthan-Jaipur,Jodhpur,Jaisalmer, Delhi, Himalayas-McLeod Ganj, Shimla) - then visited Sri Lanka for 10 days.
    Pretty exhausting stuff but amazing!! I miss Bangalore though. Yeah it's polluted and smelly and crowded and the rickshaw drivers are a pain but theres something about it! I think I definitely prefer the south.
    That sounds interesting. Are you basically from UK? I hope you definetely had a cultural shock in India. Can you please share something about it?
    Bangalore is no more the same Bangalore in the 80's. Pollution in the metropole cities is getting worst in the recent years.
    It's really a good plan going on such a mission. Did you manage to learn any Indian language btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    arrrr:eek: tht's only for the regular members:p:
    btw, BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES. I'm reali sorry. lol !
    Where have you been in India and what are your remarks during this visit? any strange experiences?
    Hey I am regular :rolleyes: No worries, I forgive you. India was cool, just stayed in Punjab mostly (went to the Golden Temple), Not many strange experiences, I had a baby lizard crawl down my neck, found a scorpion in the bathroom, and then there's all the staring from locals, but meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    Hey I am regular :rolleyes: No worries, I forgive you. India was cool, just stayed in Punjab mostly (went to the Golden Temple), Not many strange experiences, I had a baby lizard crawl down my neck, found a scorpion in the bathroom, and then there's all the staring from locals, but meh.
    Tht's my fav. place. I would like to visit Golden temple when I visit North India. My next Indian trip is to Rajasthan, Punjab, Agra and Delhi. Have to wait 1 more year

omg ! lizard crawled down ur neck? There are many superstitions about the lizard falling over different parts of the body. Do you know about it?
    Like lizard falling on head is a very bad sign and so on.... lol ! funny to hear such things. In some films there are certain scenes like a lizard falls on the newly married bride's back and she's not allowed to sleep with her husband for a certain number of days:eek:

What is your most favourite place in Punjab?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhinaya)
    That sounds interesting. Are you basically from UK? I hope you definetely had a cultural shock in India. Can you please share something about it?
    Bangalore is no more the same Bangalore in the 80's. Pollution in the metropole cities is getting worst in the recent years.
    It's really a good plan going on such a mission. Did you manage to learn any Indian language btw?
    Yep i'm from the UK. I guess I got culture shock when I first arrived as it was all new and different, but id tried to prepare myself - read a lot of stuff about the country (books, websites etc) although of course nothing can prepare you totally! It wasn't as big a shock as i was expecting though. The country continued to surprise me for the entire 6 months though - you never know what is round the corner there! good and bad. It's a country of complete contrasts but thats what makes it fascinating. I have to say the most random thing i saw was a goat (a living one) being placed on a motorbike.... we passed it quite quickly so didnt see what happened, but how it was meant to stay on i have no idea! It was quite hard travelling as we were two girls so got a lot of stares (and groping sometimes)... But we had plenty of brilliant experiences.

We picked up some Kannada, the regional (Karnataka) language - the kids taught us some hehe. Also learnt a tiny bit of Hindi but not very much as for most of the time we were in Bangalore. Anyone here speak any Kannada?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.