Indian Friends Group Watch

This discussion is closed.
singh1987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, i went on one friday and felt sick to be honest, the amount of chavs was diabolical lol!!!
Yeah, i have shahrukh prefered name, do you know how proud i am to have that name!!! i am really proud. i have some indian friends who dislike their first name and i am there sitting down saying i love my name.
Awwwwww thankyou Abhinaya and Mithun. i will bring back alot of bollywood gossip for you when i come back from india!!!
Also Hema Malini might be coming to my brother wedding, i am so looking forward to seeing her, if she does come. she has been invited though. i have a secret crush on her lol!!! i reckon she looks better than esha deol lol!!!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by singh1987)
Yeah, i went on one friday and felt sick to be honest, the amount of chavs was diabolical lol!!!
Yeah, i have shahrukh prefered name, do you know how proud i am to have that name!!! i am really proud. i have some indian friends who dislike their first name and i am there sitting down saying i love my name.
Awwwwww thankyou Abhinaya and Mithun. i will bring back alot of bollywood gossip for you when i come back from india!!!
Also Hema Malini might be coming to my brother wedding, i am so looking forward to seeing her, if she does come. she has been invited though. i have a secret crush on her lol!!! i reckon she looks better than esha deol lol!!!
There's no surprise you have secret crush on Hema Malini. She maintains her glamour even at that age

So we have our basic Gujarati terms added to the knowledge thread contributed by our famous Air. So people who are interested can already put it to practise haaa?

Sambhaljo
rotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mithun)
It's pouring in London, been raining the whole day.
when i posted it is wasnt raining down here in ilford
Mithun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DoubleOSeven)
when i posted it is wasnt raining down here in ilford
Ah ok, its still raining and gloomy here in central London
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol, in elephant and castle i have seen the police arrest 4 people for possession of drugs!!! and guess what they are black, what a stereotype, they didnt even check if white people were in possession!!!
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol, in elephant and castle i have seen the police arrest 4 people for possession of drugs!!! and guess what they are black, what a stereotype, they didnt even check if white people were in possession!!!
Elephant and Castle is one of the most dodgiest places in London and seems to be full of crime.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
So when are you leaving to India?

When were you to India before? India rocks these days. It's changing rapidly year by year. Hope you'll recognise your native place if you are goin there. :p:

Hmm... foreigners are often badly treated in European countries I think. It's even the same in France. I was stopped by the police a number of times as I'm brown. lol

Once they stopped me and asked if I'm a sikh and having a knife with me? :eek: That was ridiculous. They just left me after checking all my identity and everything.
IndianDiva
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Abhinaya)
Hope you'll recognise your native place if you are goin there. :p:
Hahaha... thats a very good point actually... I went to India in 2000, and then again last summer... the change in 6 years was unbelievable!:eek:

P.S. I don't like the French... they hate foreigners more than the British too!... saying that, I hope to move to Netherlands in a couple of years time - hope they're not as bad there!
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Europe is really racist. britain is the best if you want a multi-cutural society. the rest only see their natives as the best!!!
yeah india has changed alot. the amount of improvements is amazing. they improved their legal system, the landscape. however it is sad, that the villages are not changing!!!

i saw in the news about valentines day, how one political party called Shiv Sena are going to take pics of couples together and show their parents lol!!! i hope they dont come to england and see what happens in the clubs.

it was mad at ministry 2 indian girls had to fake an orgasm on stage, i was like what!!! it was bad, i looked at my indian friend like what the hell is going on!!! i been taught by my family to keep to tradition, so i wouldnt stoop so low!!!
but anyway i am off later on. i think i be on in the afternoon. im leaving my flat at around 5pm!!! the flight is at 9pm!!!
Cant wait to be honest!!!
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nisherz187)
Hahaha... thats a very good point actually... I went to India in 2000, and then again last summer... the change in 6 years was unbelievable!:eek:

P.S. I don't like the French... they hate foreigners more than the British too!... saying that, I hope to move to Netherlands in a couple of years time - hope they're not as bad there!
Where in Netherlands are you movin to? Amsterdam?

I find Dutch people kind and welcoming and no language problem like in many European countries.

Singh : Indian govt. is always against St. Valentine. Especially BJP, ShivShena and RSS.
I dunn feel that to convey your love to your beloved on a special day is something against. As we have tht many festivals in India. Why not St.Valentine?
Have a nice journey.
Abhinaya
Rep:
?
Europe is really racist. britain is the best if you want a multi-cutural society. the rest only see their natives as the best!!!
yeah india has changed alot. the amount of improvements is amazing. they improved their legal system, the landscape. however it is sad, that the villages are not changing!!!
Villages are changing too Rahul. You are still not aware of it I hope. I really couldn't recognise my village when I returned after 3 years last summer. There were no huts anymore. Everyone have their small buildings funded by the government and also the mentality changed in the people. They are more aware and concious of things happening around them.

The only problem is now the slums in Metropoles and it's now being controlled. I am sure when you return after 3 to 5 years. You don't find them too.
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im off to india in october for 2 weeks, i think its 1 week in goa and 1 week in the capital then going to see the taj mahal for 1 day!
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The taj mahal is amazing!!! the energy is incredible. i loved it!
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wicked! my parents went there before i was born and said it was stunning.
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I haven't added the names if I didn't have full details of them. Also many people posted just once. So I would have missed out their names as well. But no worries. Will add it now and wish him on his B'day if you know the date as well
His birthday's on March 26th. He's going to be 20.
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Rahul, where in London are you from?
singh1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Near Elephant and Castle!!!
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Stick me down on Myspace (have just sent you a request).
IndianDiva
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Where in Netherlands are you movin to? Amsterdam?

I find Dutch people kind and welcoming and no language problem like in many European countries.
I have family in Leiden and Den Haag... which are not too far out from Amsterdam (if you've heard of those places)... so somewhere close by I guess. There's acually a vry big business park near Schiphol Airport which has many multinational companies there, which operate in english, so language-wise would be better (even though I know a fair amount of Dutch through my language classes)...

I gotta disagree Rahul... I live in Leicester, which is UK's most multicultural city, and I find its not as racially tolerant as claimed...

Netherlands is definately one of the most friendliest and welcoming country I've come across, I'm there about 4/5 times a year, and each trip amazes me... the people there are lovely!
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
whenever i go to dubai my flight stops off in amsterdam !!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads