The Student Room Group

willpower

okay, Do not laugh at my silly thread, but I actually have a problem with junk food, I am a size 10 but since moving in with my boyfriend I find the pounds creeping up and I actually cant resist eating chips, pizzas, chocolate etc, cos he eats them and I always end up having the same as him, I feel like if i dont stop im really gonna blow up cos I always use to eat really healthy, how can i stop eating the junk, any tips?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"a moment on the lips = a lifetime on the hips"

:p: :p: :p:

EDIT: I can't type :frown:
Reply 2
Put the darn fork down! :p:

Just kidding. Its really a question of balancing your diet, and eating less of the foods high in fat. If you eat the chocolate once a week, it will seem all the more sweeter. Easier said than done I know, but you need some willpower - remember its all in the mind.
Reply 3
metta
"a moment on the hips = a lifetime on the hips"

:p: :p: :p:

ill just keep chanting this to myself....
Reply 4
Lent normally makes me give up something - but i lost my willpower through a creme egg!! -try and not eat one thing you really love for 2 weeks at first - see if yo can manage it - you'll have willpower!!! :smile:
Eat him instead!
Reply 6
md_red_uk
Eat him instead!

lmao he would love you for saying that! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'm the same, I am so addicted to chocolate and crisps. Everyone always says to me it doesn't matter cos I'm thin, but I know I won't stay that way if I don't cut out the junk food. But it's hard - I'm addicted!
Reply 8
lynseyweth
I'm the same, I am so addicted to chocolate and crisps. Everyone always says to me it doesn't matter cos I'm thin, but I know I won't stay that way if I don't cut out the junk food. But it's hard - I'm addicted!

thats exactly me, people say dont worry but i just know i wont always be like this and i have already put on 3 pounds which isnt much but its the start of it.....this time next year ill be twice my size*

*slight exaggeration
Reply 9
It's all down to your willpower. No one except yourself can help that..
One day I realised I was eating badly. Eating chocolate daily, pizza, chips, all the bad foods everyday, flapjacks and fizzy drinks. I kept saying that I'd stop at some convenient time, like say at the start of next week I'll be healthy. Or at te start of the month if it was the 27th.

The sooner you realise that the best time to stop is RIGHT NOW, the faster you will see some real progress.

That's all I can say.. I haven't eaten chocolate for a month or two maybe, I've lost count.. you don't need any of that rubbish in your life, you'll forget it before you miss it.

Good luck and stick at it. Help yourself by only giving yourself enough money for one meal when you go out, and don't take your bank card out.
Reply 10
i have a weakness with chocolate too. that's why instead if eating a whole chocolate bar a day, i eat one tiny choclate from a box of luxurious choclates a day-like belgian seashells-mmmm.... that way i look forward to my one a day and work for it, but am not going overboard! try and reward yourself with ur favourite foods for when you have earned it.
I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to chocolate and smoking (bad me) so this thread has been helpful :smile: . I think the limitation ideas are good - then you can look forward to whatever it is you're going to have, and it will seem that much more special.
Reply 12
i am exactly the same. its so annoying. i just dont buy junk food anymore.
Reply 13
wow... you sound like me... i just pick at food when i'm not even hungry and i really shouldn't
medic_bex
wow... you sound like me... i just pick at food when i'm not even hungry and i really shouldn't

No self-control :rolleyes: just like me actually. You'd better watch out... you might get in trouble if you pick at stuff when you know you shouldn't!
Reply 15
SamTheMan
No self-control :rolleyes: just like me actually. You'd better watch out... you might get in trouble if you pick at stuff when you know you shouldn't!

:eek: promise??? :p:
Ms Red
okay, Do not laugh at my silly thread, but I actually have a problem with junk food, I am a size 10 but since moving in with my boyfriend I find the pounds creeping up and I actually cant resist eating chips, pizzas, chocolate etc, cos he eats them and I always end up having the same as him, I feel like if i dont stop im really gonna blow up cos I always use to eat really healthy, how can i stop eating the junk, any tips?

Cook for your boyfriend, that way you can control what you eat, make him healthier and you won't get any complaints.
Reply 17
I do the cooking mostly but one of the problems is when we are actually in the supermarket buying food, im trying to pick healthy things and he picks up bad man food(how come they never put on a pound) anyway seeing as he pays most of the time for groceries , i cant really tell him to put the chips away! its me that must change i was really good yesterday and today after reading all the replies though, very helpful, I might have to start cooking 2 seperate dinners though ..
Ms Red
I do the cooking mostly but one of the problems is when we are actually in the supermarket buying food, im trying to pick healthy things and he picks up bad man food(how come they never put on a pound) anyway seeing as he pays most of the time for groceries , i cant really tell him to put the chips away! its me that must change i was really good yesterday and today after reading all the replies though, very helpful, I might have to start cooking 2 seperate dinners though ..

Well I'm afraid I'm the fatty in my relationship as my girlfriend eats crap and stays thin (she's also had a child and still has a good figure - most women will want to stratch her eyes out about now) so I know where you are coming from on this one. Maybe you will have to start cooking seperate dinners as your bf is happy with his diet, but you aren't. Talk to your bf about it and see what he thinks about it, maybe he just doesn't really care and will be happy to going along with whatever, or at least help with more of the food preparation.
I dont have any willpower at all.