educational or social problems forum?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
sightoplasm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hey guys, i have been "unregistered" since before the last summer holiday, and i have noticed this forum turning from bad to worse. This forum used to be one of my main sources of help acedemically and now its not living up to what it used to be a while ago. Pointless threads are being created such as "best place to find a girl" and other threads that tend to push down threads in which people are needing help.
I am trying to be as respectiveful as possible to these threads however sometimes its just damn annoying that some pointless threads are pushing down some threads in which people need a lot of help in.

So i'm just curious, is this a forum now which is to help people, or is it for people's love crisis and other threads which have nothing to do acedemically, however i do appreciate that some threads that are non acedemic are sometimes helpful.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It's a student forum, for students to talk, not neccessarily about academia...
Angel Lory
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by theone)
It's a student forum, for students to talk, not neccessarily about academia...
BING BING BING! WE HAVE A WINNER!! good point mi amigo
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by sightoplasm)
Hey guys, i have been "unregistered" since before the last summer holiday, and i have noticed this forum turning from bad to worse. This forum used to be one of my main sources of help acedemically and now its not living up to what it used to be a while ago. Pointless threads are being created such as "best place to find a girl" and other threads that tend to push down threads in which people are needing help.
I am trying to be as respectiveful as possible to these threads however sometimes its just damn annoying that some pointless threads are pushing down some threads in which people need a lot of help in.

So i'm just curious, is this a forum now which is to help people, or is it for people's love crisis and other threads which have nothing to do acedemically, however i do appreciate that some threads that are non acedemic are sometimes helpful.

Well pointed out, but I'm not sure there is too much the mods can do about it.
sightoplasm
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Well pointed out, but I'm not sure there is too much the mods can do about it.
Thats true, it might just cause an uproar deleting these threads.

To the guy who said not neccesserly acedemia, it says uk-LEARNING, hence educational hence should be relatively to do with learning and educational help.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Thats true, it might just cause an uproar deleting these threads.

To the guy who said not neccesserly acedemia, it says uk-LEARNING, hence educational hence should be relatively to do with learning and educational help.
we cant MAKE people write posts just about learning. besides, that would be very boring *yawn*
sightoplasm
(Original post by edders)
we cant MAKE people write posts just about learning. besides, that would be very boring *yawn*
a suggestion: give options to "sticky" all the threads that require acedemic help for a few hours, shouldnt be too much of a problem then.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the domain name is just an address, and it doesn't have to be indicative of what is on the site. look at whitehouse.com for example. and as the big title at the top says, this is the uk student forum.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
a suggestion: give options to "sticky" all the threads that require acedemic help for a few hours, shouldnt be too much of a problem then.
Why don't you pm d with all your suggestions?
sightoplasm
(Original post by elpaw)
the domain name is just an address, and it doesn't have to be indicative of what is on the site. look at whitehouse.com for example. and as the big title at the top says, this is the uk student forum.
That is true, oh i wish d had stuck with the forum being devided into acedemic and non acedemic discussions, it was much better then i guess.
FurbyMaX
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The solution might be to create another forum just for socializing, and leaving this forum to be the accademical forum.
sightoplasm
(Original post by FurbyMaX)
The solution might be to create another forum just for socializing, and leaving this forum to be the accademical forum.
If you've been around a bit, d attempted this a while ago, however it was removed for some odd reason i cant rememember.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Oh god, they used that as an example in our web design class, pick your site name wisely they said. Yikes.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If you've been around a bit, d attempted this a while ago, however it was removed for some odd reason i cant rememember.
Most of the members did not like it, from what I remember.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (585)
50.04%
No (584)
49.96%

Watched Threads