scared of dying Watch

This discussion is closed.
Agha Zain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
im worried that when i die everything will be scary. I mean you know when you get that sleep paralysis thing? maybe its like that and dunno about you lot but i just wouldnt be able to cope its terrifying! What if somehow your brain stays awake (even if no brain activity is detected) and your secretly struggling and panicking like hell?
Im not trying to be stupid im just worried the actual dying process will be like that.
Also does anyone else visulize what its like to be run over or somethin and injured and can sense the confusion and panic of the person?

I know my mind is strange but this is the only way to get across the terror that goes on inside my head lol
Man, thats scary. I dont want to think about that.

"Closes the thread window"

Zain
Herleif
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have a friend who says he will kill himself when he hits 30 because he hates the idea of being old. The weird thing is he's not kidding...
dappleddawndrawndauphin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jd27)
*gives prescription*

It says: watch the entire back-catalogue of Woody Allen films

If you haven't cheered up/become obsessed with such minute details that death is less of a worry, come back to me.

Woody Allen rocks. Is terrified of death though... but I think more from the point of view that I come at it from; as oppose to the process, the fact that you cease to exist and your brain "dies" don't even want to think about it.
af1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when you drown its horrible for a while and then your brain has no oxygen at all so it is the best feeling ever.. better than being on heroin. its a state of euphoria. you just need to get past the initial struggle stage before you can experience it
Herleif
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by af1)
when you drown its horrible for a while and then your brain has no oxygen at all so it is the best feeling ever.. better than being on heroin. its a state of euphoria. you just need to get past the initial struggle stage before you can experience it
dude.... so true :p: :p: :p:
TheVlad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Death is good. There are two possibilities:
1) you find out what the afterlife fuss was all about, and stop worrying about it
2) you just die, and stop worrying about it
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Death is inebitable so fearing it seems pretty pointless to me. That said im petrified of other people dying, especially my grandad.
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by M-J)
Death is inebitable so fearing it seems pretty pointless to me. That said im petrified of other people dying, especially my grandad.
I feel the same way, I'm not scared of dying but I'm scared of people close to me dying.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by OMGWTF)
What freaks me out is. If there isn't anything after death then im dead, theres nothing. For some reason I can't comprehend, nothing, no me, nothing around me, no mind no body no spirit. Its weird

I envy people who think it'll be all good after death
I feel the same. I'm not an Atheist though so I'm not totally convinced that there'll be nothing
jd27
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've always like the idea that after death you live your life over again for eternity. It's why i always try and do new, interesting, scary and exciting things, so that it'll keep me entertained.
Rather than regretting your eventual death, why not rejoice in your current life. Death is over quickly. Spending your life fearing it... that's torment.
KdySk8rGirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think everyone is scared of death, but there is no need to worry about it yet. Try forgeting about it until your 70
London_psycho
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really hate to say this, but perhaps religion could give you some form of self-comfort.
Ms Red
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by OMGWTF)
What freaks me out is. If there isn't anything after death then im dead, theres nothing. For some reason I can't comprehend, nothing, no me, nothing around me, no mind no body no spirit. Its weird

I envy people who think it'll be all good after death

yeah but wasnt that the way it was before you were born? nothing, no mind no body....
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fiery splattery death. That's what you want.
Zanniecat
Report 13 years ago
I just figure i'll worry about when i die, I'm more worried that i won't make it as an author and poet and nobody will remember me. Or if they do, it'll be because of something stupid i said, and they will be like: Hey you remember Suze? Yeah that dizty kid who liked martial arts and said the most stupid things ever?

I'd be just another forgotten face, as faceless as the masses who died in the world wars.

Keats: "here lies a name writ in water"

Even Keats got remembered, that fruitcake.
Zanniecat
Report 13 years ago
Religon is a placeebo, (I can't spell that word) it makes you feel better but it doesn't cure you
weirdloverwilde
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Read "Death, be not proud" by John Donne
It will make you feel better
Zanniecat
Report 13 years ago
I'm scared i won't be remembered, i'll worry bout dying when i do. poeple will be like: You remember that suze kid? You know, the one who wrote poerty, wanted to be an author, liked martial arts? Answer: Nope Then they'll say you know the really stupid one who said the most idiotic crap ever. answer: Oh that one

Keats:here lies a name writ in water.

Damn that fruitcake, his grave is more famous than he is.
Inverurie Jones
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No point fearing death, as it will come all the same. I try to avoid it because I have things to do first, but I'm not particularly afraid of it. It's the horrible painful bit leading up to it that worries me...
IceFleur
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No one actually knows what death is - but it really can't be that awful, can it? In your life, if you have experienced severe depression or loss, it surely cannot be that awful in death. Who knows, perhaps life is just another step up in our soul cycle, and death is the gateway to another world.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads