Turn on thread page Beta

how do you tell a teacher they're crap watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing chemistry AS since september and do 3 AS levels because i had to drop one i dropped psychology.The proplem I have in chemistry is that the teacher is always in and out of lession tells use to copy out of books does'nt explain things although he has now started to because he had not explained through out the begining he now makes no sence.I have had quite alot of fridays lessons of so if i actually complained he could argue that is why but I have asked peeps on the fri have I missed anything they always say no we just coppied this out of page what ever.THIS IS NOT TEACHING.I've asked if anyone has the same views but everyone says they're fine with him.although i have seen peeps test results are low I think the majority of them are ashamed to admit they're not doing so well because they have come from school with a's.I think they think that doing alot of cramming will help.

SO HOW DO I TELL MY CHEM TEACHER HE'S CRAP?

ReputationRep:
    Make a formal complaint to his line manager if he is really that bad.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    I've been doing chemistry AS since september and do 3 AS levels because i had to drop one i dropped psychology.The proplem I have in chemistry is that the teacher is always in and out of lession tells use to copy out of books does'nt explain things although he has now started to because he had not explained through out the begining he now makes no sence.I have had quite alot of fridays lessons of so if i actually complained he could argue that is why but I have asked peeps on the fri have I missed anything they always say no we just coppied this out of page what ever.THIS IS NOT TEACHING.I've asked if anyone has the same views but everyone says they're fine with him.although i have seen peeps test results are low I think the majority of them are ashamed to admit they're not doing so well because they have come from school with a's.I think they think that doing alot of cramming will help.

SO HOW DO I TELL MY CHEM TEACHER HE'S CRAP?
    tell him u r not learning from him! or go to your guidence centre!! tell your personal tutor! put in a formal complaint!! curriculam manager

ReputationRep:
    we've got a really crap physics teacher who just gives us work sheets with "all" (read: none) of the key facts on. Most of the group have complained to the head of physics, and the heads of years and head of staff, etc, but none of them think there is a problem.

not really helpful as such, but i've just bought loads of revision books and i'm trying to learn as much of the course as i can since no-one seems to care about his crap teaching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Make a formal complaint to his line manager if he is really that bad.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Ahhhhhh thats also a problem he is the science programme manager also.
    I'm not saying hes bad its just his kind of teaching is not knowledge absorbing to me.I really dont want to affend him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying hes bad its just his kind of teaching is not knowledge absorbing to me.I really dont want to affend him.
    Doesn't matter, he will still have a line manager even if they are outside the department. You could find out who it is, or if not maybe speak to another member of the faculty about it in confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by true_believer)
    we've got a really crap physics teacher who just gives us work sheets with "all" (read: none) of the key facts on. Most of the group have complained to the head of physics, and the heads of years and head of staff, etc, but none of them think there is a problem.

not really helpful as such, but i've just bought loads of revision books and i'm trying to learn as much of the course as i can since no-one seems to care about his crap teaching

see cramming,it gets you know where yeah you may remmember word for word answers but will you understand it?

teachers now adays,they argue back at you there experience
    but fail to aknowedge we are that experience.

Yeah it is understandable Physics and chemistry even maths are hard subjects to teach,they stress they are the hardest AS A2 subjects to pass,yet at my college subjects like sociology and pschology offer catch up lessons and extra help you would have thought the hardest subjects would but no they use the fact they are buisy.What printing out more notes so they dont have to do theier job?
    sociology teachers ect find the time and teach and give their full attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Doesn't matter, he will still have a line manager even if they are outside the department. You could find out who it is, or if not maybe speak to another member of the faculty about it in confidence.
    I have they argue my attendence is the prob when its not.
    so have told me improve your att then complain.

ReputationRep:
    You walk up to him and say "sir, as a person, you're nice. As a teacher, you're crap". If you are worried that he will hate you, then don't be. He already hates you and everyone he doesn't know personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yank)
    You walk up to him and say "sir, as a person, you're nice. As a teacher, you're crap". If you are worried that he will hate you, then don't be.
    He already hates you and everyone he doesn't know personally.
    what do you mean by that?

Yeah I have thought of that,usually I would but I can get a report I think they call it.
    I dont know he doesnt even know my name half the time.
    I'm just gonna have to say look listen heres my problem,I need help can you teach me all over again.

ReputationRep:
    i have the same problem with my statistics teacher. then she had the cheek to give me a C- in my assessment (my friend got D-). if you get a minus at my college they go crazy because it means you are not putting in any effort and your faculty tutor gets involved and your form tutor has to find out why you are underacheiving in that subject... was so anoying. it's because i've not handed in my work, but it's not that i haven't tried- i've spent hours on my S2, i just don't know where to start with the questions. I am improving, but only because i got a good revision guide, i have a friend who is helping me (is literally spending hours going over the entire syllabus) and my pure maths teacher is giving us help with it... but i still hate the teacher and i knwo it's going to happen all over again when she starts doing some of our pure work with us from january...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i have the same problem with my statistics teacher. then she had the cheek to give me a C- in my assessment (my friend got D-). if you get a minus at my college they go crazy because it means you are not putting in any effort and your faculty tutor gets involved and your form tutor has to find out why you are underacheiving in that subject... was so anoying. it's because i've not handed in my work, but it's not that i haven't tried- i've spent hours on my S2, i just don't know where to start with the questions. I am improving, but only because i got a good revision guide, i have a friend who is helping me (is literally spending hours going over the entire syllabus) and my pure maths teacher is giving us help with it... but i still hate the teacher and i knwo it's going to happen all over again when she starts doing some of our pure work with us from january...

lou xxx
    see I dropped a as subject to get learning support,I have problems reciting what I've just read so yeah thats helped me with essays and stuff yes I have a great revision guide also, its the understanding of what I've read thats gets me down,I will not remmember no matter how much cramming I do.
    I recieved my minimum expected grade based on gcse results In all subjects mine is E so if I got a -C they would not comment because I'm above that so they fail to see where I go wrong because they look at this E expected grade.I know it should be C.

ReputationRep:
    At my school someone complained to the deputy head about a teacher who was acting head of physics.

The deputy head spoke with the physics teacher about it and mentioned the pupils name though which was harsh!

Anyway, he is no longer head of physics, and no longer teaches A-level. (Just AS.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goat)
    At my school someone complained to the deputy head about a teacher who was acting head of physics.

The deputy head spoke with the physics teacher about it and mentioned the pupils name though which was harsh!

Anyway, he is no longer head of physics, and no longer teaches A-level. (Just AS.)
    See I would never want to be someone that causes a demotion
    I only want him to arrange catch up classes.
    And improve his teaching standards

ReputationRep:
    see I dropped a as subject to get learning support,I have problems reciting what I've just read so yeah thats helped me with essays and stuff yes I have a great revision guide also, its the understanding of what I've read thats gets me down,I will not remmember no matter how much cramming I do.
    I recieved my minimum expected grade based on gcse results In all subjects mine is E so if I got a -C they would not comment because I'm above that so they fail to see where I go wrong because they look at this E expected grade.I know it should be C.
    it's the minus they have the problem with- our college assessments work using the grade for acheivement and the sign for effort. they kick up a fuss about anything with a minus, even if your target grade was a C and you got an A-, they would still moan... it's stupid.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    it's the minus they have the problem with- our college assessments work using the grade for acheivement and the sign for effort. they kick up a fuss about anything with a minus, even if your target grade was a C and you got an A-, they would still moan... it's stupid.

lou xxx
    Yeah it's stupid. usualy the minus is used to show you got there just by a few marks the minus points this out

ReputationRep:
    a teacher is an educational mentor nor is he a dictator,self-learning and a keen application to studies will help you succeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polanski's Pal)
    a teacher is an educational mentor nor is he a dictator,self-learning and a keen application to studies will help you succeed.
    kinda helps if he actually TEACHES though, dosen't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    kinda helps if he actually TEACHES though, dosen't it? :rolleyes:
    wev'e survived drama for three years, havn't we?
    corect at will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polanski's Pal)
    wev'e survived drama for three years, havn't we?
    corect at will
    dramas different its mainly improvisation and talent put across naturally
    Chemistry is totally fact over fact how is drama like this?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.